Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess the chase is done.
05-16-2019, 09:53 AM,
I guess the chase is done.
It’s just the same half dozen members posting the same old ideas and beating down anything that looks different.

Even at Harry’s, it’s the same thing. Who’s the lead searcher! Oh my someone’s gonna find the treasure! What’s the evidence!

How could anyone find the treasure with the same old, stinky-cause-there’s-no-new-ideas solutions to any of it; not the book, and definitely not the poem.

No, I’m pretty sure if it isn’t us, no one is gonna find Forrest’s treasure. And that’s fine by me.

razyfamily
05-16-2019, 10:01 AM,
RE: I guess the chase is done.
Sorry for the beat down. Smile

Hang in there. Sometimes an odd comment by a newbie or an old timer stimulates an interesting thought in my mind and allows some progress. But I think you are correct that the old timers may have an advantage in this regard.
05-16-2019, 10:14 AM,
I know I'm pretty young to the chase (2-3 months in now) and I know outside the forums (and inside as well) as by brain works through solutions, it's hitting stuff that has more than likely been gone through before.
But is that really such a bad thing? After all, Fenn said more than several people have emailed him correct solutions to the first 2 possibly 4 clues. So some of these old ideas are in fact correct, but which ones?
05-16-2019, 10:27 AM,
You may continue to follow the Einstein insane principle, repeat the same old stuff (as Fenn intended) expecting a different result, your call.

Obviously Fenn thought we would go this path that we repeat it as it was designed to only get 2 clues correct and fluke off a 500 foot proximity, but there is a twist that required a different thinking process. Perfectly designed treasure hunts have that "gotcha" and Fenn's gotcha will get you too, that I can guarantee.
05-16-2019, 10:40 AM,
The thing is, if you know the first 2 clues are solved (correct solutions found) which if 3-9 (or 5-9) when solved correctly would lead to the treasure

Why would you then start over with clue 1 trying to put a new meaning to it no one's thought of when you know that will be 100% wrong? if the Clue has been solved, then coming up with a solution no one has thought of will not be what has already been confirmed as correct.

That would be like searching Utah for the treasure because no one's found it in the other 4 states yet.
05-16-2019, 10:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2019, 10:50 AM by Top Secret.)
(05-16-2019, 10:40 AM)kaotkbliss Wrote: The thing is, if you know the first 2 clues are solved (correct solutions found) which if 3-9 (or 5-9) when solved correctly would lead to the treasure

Why would you then start over with clue 1 trying to put a new meaning to it no one's thought of when you know that will be 100% wrong? if the Clue has been solved, then coming up with a solution no one has thought of will not be what has already been confirmed as correct.

That would be like searching Utah for the treasure because no one's found it in the other 4 states yet.
There is a distinct difference between identifying the answer to first two clues and actually solving them. Think about that for a minute and then you will understand why they "walked" past the other 7!
05-16-2019, 11:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2019, 11:07 AM by kaotkbliss.)
I don't think they just mentioned the correct starting place out of a lucky guess since Forrest said
"Others have figured the first two clues and went right past the treasure and didn’t know it.”
and
“no one has given me the correct solve past the first two clues.”

Meaning, they didn't just email Fenn and say "I think warm waters halt is such-and-such place", How they came to that conclusion (the solve for the clue) was correct.

*edit*
Of course, this is my interpretation and opinion. My approach to attempting to solve. If I'm wrong, then I guess I'll never find the chest (or it will take me a lot longer to find it) but I'll have learned a lot along the way.
But if I'm right...
05-16-2019, 11:00 AM,
Don't worry, I'm pretty close to a complete solve and might get out there in a couple of weeks.
05-16-2019, 11:11 AM,
(05-16-2019, 11:00 AM)kaotkbliss Wrote: I don't think they just mentioned the correct starting place out of a lucky guess since Forrest said
"Others have figured the first two clues and went right past the treasure and didn’t know it.”
and
“no one has given me the correct solve past the first two clues.”

Meaning, they didn't just email Fenn and say "I think warm waters halt is such-and-such place", How they came to that conclusion (the solve for the clue) was correct.

*edit*
Of course, this is my interpretation and opinion. My approach to attempting to solve. If I'm wrong, then I guess I'll never find the chest (or it will take me a lot longer to find it) but I'll have learned a lot along the way.
But if I'm right...
I don't think ya's hear'n me. Fenn had 15 years to create this masterpiece. It is not that simple. There is a reason he said "Others have figured the first two clues" Identifying a geographic location and solving are two different things. If it was really that simple, why have they all "walked" by the other 7? Unless you have solved (not identified the first 2) you too will walk on by clue 3 as well.

But don't listen to me, listen to Fenn, it is the ones who best adjust will get this done.
05-16-2019, 11:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2019, 11:19 AM by filmguy.)
I'm listening to Fenn.
He is saying its more simple than most searchers are realizing. He's said we need to get back in the box. He's said we would be shocked to know where it was and what took us so long to figure it out.

"If it was really that simple, why have they all "walked" by the other 7?"
Easy, they lacked the imagination required to solve the clues after the first few.
Instead they used specialized knowledge and arm-chair searching to narrow their vision to one particular spot.
They might have been looking right at something and not realizing it represented Fenn's HOB, because they were too busy walking towards a log cabin once owned by a man who was shot by a man who married the daughter of John Doe Brown.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guess who finally Emailed me today....none other than...Fenn Gordon Lightfoot 7 2,256 03-04-2018, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Guess the next weekly words RIGHT HERE!! The Count 179 73,501 01-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: HIPS
  What's your Chest Altitude Guess? glock20 28 15,939 04-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Guess the next clue, win a silver dime! tomwhat 10 6,290 10-29-2015, 11:37 PM
Last Post: marie.akridge