Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess the chase is done.
05-16-2019, 11:48 AM,
RE: I guess the chase is done.
@filmguy
Pretty much what I was going to say.

I've seen so many people say that too far to walk meant to go down the canyon 10 miles.
The first 2 parts could have been correct, but if their interpretation of 1 thing later is way wrong, they would end up going in a completely different direction.
05-16-2019, 02:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2019, 02:13 PM by Top Secret.)
(05-16-2019, 09:53 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: It’s just the same half dozen members posting the same old ideas and beating down anything that looks different.

Even at Harry’s, it’s the same thing. Who’s the lead searcher! Oh my someone’s gonna find the treasure! What’s the evidence!
I am glad Fenn was able to facilitate a special place where wanna-bee searchers can speculate, fear and cheer on their imaginary "lead searcher"
05-16-2019, 06:49 PM,
(05-16-2019, 09:53 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: It’s just the same half dozen members posting the same old ideas and beating down anything that looks different.

Even at Harry’s, it’s the same thing. Who’s the lead searcher! Oh my someone’s gonna find the treasure! What’s the evidence!

How could anyone find the treasure with the same old, stinky-cause-there’s-no-new-ideas solutions to any of it; not the book, and definitely not the poem.

No, I’m pretty sure if it isn’t us, no one is gonna find Forrest’s treasure. And that’s fine by me.

razyfamily

My thoughts (although not yet substantial enough to convince me there’s really a chest):

1. It is THE CHASE, not the quarry.
2. STEP BACK from THE CHASE.
3. People focusing on the tiny while the big stuff is right in front of them. (Ants and elephants)
4. You need to be able to SEE.

There’s more, but something I want to check out first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
05-16-2019, 07:39 PM,
(05-16-2019, 02:09 PM)Top Secret Wrote: I am glad Fenn was able to facilitate a special place where wanna-bee searchers can speculate, fear and cheer on their imaginary "lead searcher"

Personally, I could care less if there is, and who they might be. My thoughts are has anyone found it yet? no? then I still have a chance...

Back to studying the clues.

I've only come to the forums to give my views on what I see, perhaps a new twist on an old idea? Maybe spark some feedback - "That's a good though, but what if you took it in this direction?" or "that doesn't seem to work for me because 'reasons...'"
05-16-2019, 08:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2019, 08:22 PM by brubr.)

How could anyone find the treasure with the same old, stinky-cause-there’s-no-new-ideas solutions to any of it; not the book, and definitely not the poem.

No, I’m pretty sure if it isn’t us, no one is gonna find Forrest’s treasure. And that’s fine by me.

razyfamily

So, if you think the chase is done, why are you still here? I'm just curious; no need to go non linear.
05-17-2019, 07:18 AM,
(05-16-2019, 08:22 PM)brubr Wrote:

razyfamily

So, if you think the chase is done, why are you still here? I'm just curious; no need to go non linear.

Does it matter if they think the chase is done or fake? They are still here because they want to be here. What other reason for being here is there?
05-17-2019, 09:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 09:34 AM by crazyfamily.)
Well, that’s 24 hours with no new ideas.

razyfamily

Harry’s is still worrying about the lead searcher evidence and how many aliases Kpro has on her site. While chasechat wanders in a fog.

razyfamily

Maybe Cynthia can come give everyone here some meaning. C’mon Cynth’, give us something new. What did Fenn say this week?!

I don’t want to have any other thoughts that Cynthia might undermine with her little quips from Forrest.

razyfamily

(05-16-2019, 10:40 AM)kaotkbliss Wrote: The thing is, if you know the first 2 clues are solved (correct solutions found) which if 3-9 (or 5-9) when solved correctly would lead to the treasure

Why would you then start over with clue 1 trying to put a new meaning to it no one's thought of when you know that will be 100% wrong? if the Clue has been solved, then coming up with a solution no one has thought of will not be what has already been confirmed as correct.

That would be like searching Utah for the treasure because no one's found it in the other 4 states yet.

Because Forrest said, “if you don’t know where it is, go back to the first clue.”

razyfamily
05-17-2019, 10:45 AM,
True, but there have been so many solves thrown out there for clue 1 already, we just need to find which one of those many was the correct one.
05-17-2019, 11:51 AM,
Forrest already said that he couldn’t say how many had solved the first clue. Whether it’s intentional or not, he makes it sound as though a bunch of people have solved the first clue but didn’t know it.

Of course, me and everyone else thinks they have it even though they are all different.

razyfamily
05-17-2019, 12:02 PM,
I know I don't think I have it yet LOL
It could also be that the ones who did email him a correct warm waters solve never posted it anywhere except in an email to Fenn.
I think I'm on the right track though. I can't remember who it was that mentioned compound words (maybe BT?) but I think that's part of it.

Also, if Fenn wasn't just joshin with Dal about messing with his poem (playful banter because Dal came up with a rhyming word that Fenn didn't think of) Then part of the solution has to be a definition that is unique to halt (so it wouldn't be stop or a pause)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prayed for D's (a longshot guess, maybe?) wildfuntear 3 973 08-02-2019, 01:01 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Guess who finally Emailed me today....none other than...Fenn Gordon Lightfoot 7 2,707 03-04-2018, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Guess the next weekly words RIGHT HERE!! The Count 179 81,513 01-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: HIPS
  What's your Chest Altitude Guess? glock20 28 17,458 04-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Guess the next clue, win a silver dime! tomwhat 10 6,900 10-29-2015, 11:37 PM
Last Post: marie.akridge