Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess the chase is done.
05-18-2019, 12:45 AM,
RE: I guess the chase is done.
@Beavertooth
The map is also man-made for man's (and lady's) use to get to a certain spot. And man made cities and built large and small things that are placed on these maps. You are thinking ancient; there were no maps (supposedly) back in ancient times. I think Forrest was referring to written maps from relatively recent times. Ancient happenings may also be shown on these recent maps; however, the more recent items are also shown in written words!
First could be the first railroad, the first pool hall, the first movie house, the first dam constructed as well as the first volcano that erupted or the first anticline made.
just saying ss
05-19-2019, 03:25 PM,
(05-17-2019, 12:38 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 12:02 PM)kaotkbliss Wrote: I know I don't think I have it yet LOL
It could also be that the ones who did email him a correct warm waters solve never posted it anywhere except in an email to Fenn.
I think I'm on the right track though. I can't remember who it was that mentioned compound words (maybe BT?) but I think that's part of it.

Also, if Fenn wasn't just joshin with Dal about messing with his poem (playful banter because Dal came up with a rhyming word that Fenn didn't think of) Then part of the solution has to be a definition that is unique to halt (so it wouldn't be stop or a pause)
Definition is unique to "halt"??? Fenn set this up such that there is no unique definition. There are several definitions belonging to halt. Care to share which definition of halt you claim is unique?

Try “Lame”

The clue itself is lame and then it’s the first word that sets up the whole chase as an equestrian puzzle, like “nigh” and “meek” all equestrian.
05-20-2019, 12:17 AM,
(05-19-2019, 03:25 PM)NutJob Wrote: Try “Lame”

The clue itself is lame and then it’s the first word that sets up the whole chase as an equestrian puzzle, like “nigh” and “meek” all equestrian.

A number of searchers over the years have focused on an equestrian solution. Hopefully, you will have better success.
05-20-2019, 09:11 AM,
What’s not to love about beating a dead horse. Fenn likes idioms. That’s my equestrian solve.

razyfamily
05-24-2019, 11:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2019, 12:02 AM by crazyfamily.)
Wow, it's not just ChaseChat. The whole Fenn blogosphere is withering on the vine. No one(including me) has anything to say that isn't bickering. The Fenntubers are ripping each other's throats, Hairy's is awash in drama brought by the Fenntubers, and Mike the Word Burglar is monopolizing Hairy's bandwidth with his various random treatises. Mindy says Fenn gets tickled watching the antagonizing discourse. This is a freakin' crazy house.

I'm still amazed that everyone would rather talk about drama than subjects like hints of religion in TTOTC. Okay, maybe not amazed, but I've been trying to show the possible meaning for "sometimes it's wise for the fox to dress like the hound."

razyfamily
05-24-2019, 11:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2019, 11:54 PM by ChasingScant.)
Just have to pay attention.

C.M.R.
05-25-2019, 12:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2019, 12:13 AM by wildfuntear.)
(05-17-2019, 12:48 PM)kaotkbliss Wrote: Unique was probably a strong word but I was revisiting this last night and listed a bunch of synonyms for halt: stop, standstill, cease, terminate, conclude
All pretty much meaning "the end of" or "a stopping of motion"

But there is this definition of halt:
to be in doubt; waver between alternatives; vacillate.
or this one:
to falter, as in speech, reasoning, etc.; be hesitant; stumble

*edit*
but those 2 definitions are pretty much the meaning of balk (which I believe with what Dal offered up as a suggestion)

So the other definition I know of is:
lame, walk with a limp.

If you use "lame, walk with a limp" for "halt", how does that help solve
the poem? I don't see a clue or hint in your way of defining "halt".

(05-16-2019, 07:39 PM)kaotkbliss Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 02:09 PM)Top Secret Wrote: I am glad Fenn was able to facilitate a special place where wanna-bee searchers can speculate, fear and cheer on their imaginary "lead searcher"

Personally, I could care less if there is, and who they might be. My thoughts are has anyone found it yet? no? then I still have a chance...

Back to studying the clues.

I've only come to the forums to give my views on what I see, perhaps a new twist on an old idea? Maybe spark some feedback - "That's a good though, but what if you took it in this direction?" or "that doesn't seem to work for me because 'reasons...'"

There's that word "twist" again . . . interesting and possibly useful to me; I'll plan to use it if/when appropriate.
05-25-2019, 07:23 AM,
(05-24-2019, 11:33 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Wow, it's not just ChaseChat. The whole Fenn blogosphere is withering on the vine. No one(including me) has anything to say that isn't bickering. The Fenntubers are ripping each other's throats, Hairy's is awash in drama brought by the Fenntubers, and Mike the Word Burglar is monopolizing Hairy's bandwidth with his various random treatises. Mindy says Fenn gets tickled watching the antagonizing discourse. This is a freakin' crazy house.

I'm still amazed that everyone would rather talk about drama than subjects like hints of religion in TTOTC. Okay, maybe not amazed, but I've been trying to show the possible meaning for "sometimes it's wise for the fox to dress like the hound."

razyfamily

In my opinion, 2018 and the rise of the Hunter (some call Lead Searcher) may have brought many to the realization that their own solutions are not feasible so interest has waned as they resign themselves to the idea that there is someone who may retrieve the chest soon.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are some who are convinced (maybe justifiably so, maybe not) that there solution is correct and they may be hot on the heels of the Hunter so they are now playing their cards closer to the vest, not wanting to post anything that may provide the Hunter with a final bit of wisdom that would enable him to complete his solution and retrieve the chest.

Other factors for waning interest may be include the fact that veteran searchers may have grown tired of what has become a steady, almost predictable stream of drama so they've decided to walk away from the boards (though they may still be searching). Newbies may read the drama and decide Searchers are a bunch of nut jobs and choose to not get involved.

I know that, for me - having become tired of the drama, I tend to spend much less time on all the boards but I am still engaged. I am also at peace with the idea that someone else may retrieve the chest before I am able to do so...my transition into a post-chase life will be an easy one. I hope all of you are able to feel the same way.

Peace,

Inohury
05-25-2019, 08:00 AM,
(05-25-2019, 07:23 AM)inohury Wrote: In my opinion, 2018 and the rise of the Hunter (some call Lead Searcher) may have brought many to the realization that their own solutions are not feasible so interest has waned as they resign themselves to the idea that there is someone who may retrieve the chest soon.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are some who are convinced (maybe justifiably so, maybe not) that there solution is correct and they may be hot on the heels of the Hunter so they are now playing their cards closer to the vest, not wanting to post anything that may provide the Hunter with a final bit of wisdom that would enable him to complete his solution and retrieve the chest.

Other factors for waning interest may be include the fact that veteran searchers may have grown tired of what has become a steady, almost predictable stream of drama so they've decided to walk away from the boards (though they may still be searching). Newbies may read the drama and decide Searchers are a bunch of nut jobs and choose to not get involved.

I know that, for me - having become tired of the drama, I tend to spend much less time on all the boards but I am still engaged. I am also at peace with the idea that someone else may retrieve the chest before I am able to do so...my transition into a post-chase life will be an easy one. I hope all of you are able to feel the same way.

Peace,

Inohury

@Inohury,

Great post!

Milan
05-25-2019, 08:38 AM,
(05-25-2019, 12:05 AM)wildfuntear Wrote: If you use "lame, walk with a limp" for "halt", how does that help solve
the poem? I don't see a clue or hint in your way of defining "halt".

It could be that the lame definition of halt is describing a word that is part of the name of a location?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prayed for D's (a longshot guess, maybe?) wildfuntear 5 919 08-04-2019, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Andrew Jef
  Guess who finally Emailed me today....none other than...Fenn Gordon Lightfoot 7 2,666 03-04-2018, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Guess the next weekly words RIGHT HERE!! The Count 179 80,524 01-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: HIPS
  What's your Chest Altitude Guess? glock20 28 17,279 04-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Guess the next clue, win a silver dime! tomwhat 10 6,792 10-29-2015, 11:37 PM
Last Post: marie.akridge