Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible...
05-17-2019, 10:11 AM,
RE: Is it possible...
(05-16-2019, 01:08 PM)filmguy Wrote: "Rocking chair ideas can lead one to the first few clues, but a physical presence is needed to complete the solve." ~ Mysterious Writing

I see "few" as no more than 4, but I'm really thinking its just the first 3.

You could be correct on this. However, I believe it may be as many as 8 out of the 9 clues. The next sentence in that Mysterious Writings quote is: "Google Earth cannot help with the last clue."
05-17-2019, 10:28 AM,
an see where one could get a solve for a later clue, but at the same time not have it help without BOTG.
For example, if my heavy loads/water high solution is correct (a waterlogged area, wet or swampy type area), you won't know until BOTG at the location.
05-17-2019, 10:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 11:21 AM by filmguy.)
(05-17-2019, 09:55 AM)Mongo Wrote: Fact, Fenn has stated “where all the lines cross”.

This means that the path isn’t linear. Neither are the clues.

He has also stated that the searcher will go with confidence. This doesn’t mean that they have to go to each clue. An 80 year old man wouldn’t be walking 5-6 miles in one direction to get to the spot, it would be a specific location, with all points and clues leading to said location.

Process, find all clues on the map that will cause a cascade of lines showing an exact location and direction from one given point that will lead to the spot. Then, go directly to the gold.

Go directly to spot that all lines and clues have indicated, all done at home on the computer. Fact:wheel chair lady and Fenn’s response to her question proves this beyond RD.

I think you may be taking Fenn's quote out of context. I've heard him saying the clues are in order and the path is very linear. Yet, Fenn is known for this contradictions. Perhaps the very research heavy searchers can shed light on this.

BT - I agree with that quote alone what you say is correct. Yet, the little girl from India wouldn't be able to solve clues 3-7.
05-17-2019, 12:55 PM,
(05-17-2019, 10:46 AM)filmguy Wrote: BT - I agree with that quote alone what you say is correct. Yet, the little girl from India wouldn't be able to solve clues 3-7.

I would not rely on anything to do with the little girl from India comment. I am confident almost everyone has misinterpreted this comment, but I won't say why. At least take it with a large grain of salt.
05-17-2019, 03:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 03:18 PM by easternOHsteve.)
@Mongo
Correct-a-Mongo. Couldn't resist, sorry. I my case anyway, I scouted the area until the hints and clues became specific enough for BOTG. But the database finally was specific enough to point to one location; there are 139 hints, etc. pointing. I don't think many "humans" could correlate, etc. to do the lines to one point.
One item though: the last clue requires some BOTG imo. Your vehicle will sit in one spot with your BOTG here. You can draw a circle around points you "think" are the stopping points. You can actually draw a semi-circle but you actually must be BOTG to find the correct spot.
It might be located specifically within 1 degree, maybe???

@Beavertooth
You notice how Forrest says the little girl from India couldn't solve the "clues" after the first 2? With "hints" and all the rest, I am pretty confident that she could at least get within a few feet with a lot of research.
just saying ss
05-17-2019, 06:59 PM,
(05-17-2019, 03:08 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @Beavertooth
With "hints" and all the rest, I am pretty confident that she could at least get within a few feet with a lot of research.

If not, we are all doomed! Smile
05-19-2019, 03:41 PM,
(05-17-2019, 03:08 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @Mongo
Correct-a-Mongo. Couldn't resist, sorry. I my case anyway, I scouted the area until the hints and clues became specific enough for BOTG. But the database finally was specific enough to point to one location; there are 139 hints, etc. pointing. I don't think many "humans" could correlate, etc. to do the lines to one point.
One item though: the last clue requires some BOTG imo. Your vehicle will sit in one spot with your BOTG here. You can draw a circle around points you "think" are the stopping points. You can actually draw a semi-circle but you actually must be BOTG to find the correct spot.
It might be located specifically within 1 degree, maybe???

@Beavertooth
You notice how Forrest says the little girl from India couldn't solve the "clues" after the first 2? With "hints" and all the rest, I am pretty confident that she could at least get within a few feet with a lot of research.

Forrest never said that. Don't misquote him and mislead everyone here. Forrest said she could get no closer than the first two clues. BIG DIFFERENCE! No closer than implies a physical distance. She can't possibly get any closer if she is still in India. Think people, THINK!!!
05-19-2019, 05:34 PM,
What Forrest really, really said is that with only a map and the poem she can get no closer than the first 2 clues. If the question was with a map, the poem, the book and internet access, can the little girl from India find the chest? The answer is most certainly yes until the last clue. Google earth doesn’t go down that far.
05-20-2019, 03:27 AM,
I usually look it up but I only meant the word clue was used. The poem was the word used so I really did it this time...
http://mysteriouswritings.com/six-questi...the-chase/

5Q) Your treasure hunt has inspired people worldwide to discover history, culture and nature, but many people, (even in the US) might be deterred because they don’t live near the Rockies or can’t afford to travel. Should they be deterred? Can a little girl in India, who speaks good English, but only has your poem and a map of the US Rocky Mountains, work out where the treasure is? And would she be confident as she solves each clue, or only confident when she has solved them all?

"I wish I had another treasure to hide in the Appalachians. The little girl in India cannot get closer than the first two clues. There are many disabled people who are deeply into maps and geography, and they are having a lot of fun." f

IMO: If the little girl from India stays in place in India, then clue 1-2 are east of all the rest? I think this is correct! So clues 3-9 are west of clues 1 and 2...
just saying ss
05-21-2019, 07:35 PM,
I believe you can solve the entire thing from home and go right to the search area, which is about the size of a football field.

You cannot make out the thing he is talking about on GE, but it is there. It is not well publicized, and it does not show up on a map but it is mentioned.