Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If
05-18-2019, 12:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 12:16 AM by Top Secret.)
RE: If
(05-18-2019, 12:09 AM)John Brown Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 11:58 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 11:38 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 10:51 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @JB
I thought that was discussed about two years ago;

Not on chase chase or Dal's site. It is just a hint. There are many hints. There are a few cryptic mentions over the years. No telling what they mean. No one provides an estimate of the number of occurrences of "saddle" in their cryptic gibberish. Could be that they are 'staying in the saddle" or "back on the saddle". No one actually says "saddle is a hint." I suggest it is.
I am not sure which desert you have your head buried in, but I am going to side with easternOHsteve here. I have read both saddle,lightning/lighting rods and Franklin as hints before and a lot more convincing supporting evidence than word frequency distribution stats.

That's correct. There is more. But it isn't on this or any other site I know of. The only thing I am quite certain of is that you haven't found it.
au contraire,
I told you this was discussed long ago a few months ago and this is BT response confirming it on CC
https://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php...#pid218724
another of many from 2015 on Franklin hint
https://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php...52#pid2352

that puts your credibility at suspect at best, so your "quite certain" prediction is, well less certain also IMO.
05-18-2019, 12:21 AM,
(05-18-2019, 12:14 AM)Top Secret Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 11:38 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 10:51 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @JB
I thought that was discussed about two years ago;

Not on chase chase or Dal's site. It is just a hint. There are many hints. There are a few cryptic mentions over the years. No telling what they mean. No one provides an estimate of the number of occurrences of "saddle" in their cryptic gibberish. Could be that they are 'staying in the saddle" or "back on the saddle". No one actually says "saddle is a hint." I suggest it is.
I am not sure which desert you have your head buried in, but I am going to side with easternOHsteve here. I have read both saddle,lightning/lighting rods and Franklin as hints before and a lot more convincing supporting evidence than word frequency distribution stats.

That's correct. There is more. But it isn't on this or any other site I know of. The only thing I am quite certain of is that you haven't found it.
au contraire,
I told you this was discussed long ago a few months ago and this is BT response confirming it on CC

that puts your credibility at suspect at best, so your quite certain prediction is well less certain IMO.

As I said, the one thing I am certain of is you don't know how certain the hints are. I almost revealed some at one point, in fact maybe I did. I can't remember. You can't see it. It requires eyes that are open. Sorry.
05-18-2019, 01:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 01:26 AM by easternOHsteve.)
@Beavertooth
Super Moderator

This was JB thread March this year and your response:

RE: I'll wish I hadn't
Back in 2013/2014 a lot of searchers, including myself, tried to incorporate Benjamin Franklin into our solves because of the lightning rod issue. It was one of the reasons I spent two years searching a lot at night with a powerful ultraviolet flashlight looking for a "blaze" with a marvel gaze. I found many blazes (and one or two bears), but not the correct one. The new Franklin $100 bill that was authorized and printed beginning in 2010 (but not distributed until 2011 after printing problems were solved) has an ultraviolet security strip in it. The specifications of the bill were known in 2009.

There was a response about lightening by myself is why I replied as I did. Lightening is described as an ultra-violet discharge. I replied what happens to an unmanaged forest when lightning occurs.

Blazes are detected from towers usually. Who manages these towers? How are areas divided?

What year was the New Franklin issued/made? What years do you need to correlate blazes in your area? It is the same hint!!! But each item makes it more specific when correlated properly.

I forgot to add: what is the old windmill water pump?
just saying ss
05-18-2019, 08:44 AM,
(05-18-2019, 01:08 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @Beavertooth
Super Moderator

This was JB thread March this year and your response:

RE: I'll wish I hadn't
Back in 2013/2014 a lot of searchers, including myself, tried to incorporate Benjamin Franklin into our solves because of the lightning rod issue. It was one of the reasons I spent two years searching a lot at night with a powerful ultraviolet flashlight looking for a "blaze" with a marvel gaze. I found many blazes (and one or two bears), but not the correct one. The new Franklin $100 bill that was authorized and printed beginning in 2010 (but not distributed until 2011 after printing problems were solved) has an ultraviolet security strip in it. The specifications of the bill were known in 2009.

There was a response about lightening by myself is why I replied as I did. Lightening is described as an ultra-violet discharge. I replied what happens to an unmanaged forest when lightning occurs.

Blazes are detected from towers usually. Who manages these towers? How are areas divided?

What year was the New Franklin issued/made? What years do you need to correlate blazes in your area? It is the same hint!!! But each item makes it more specific when correlated properly.

I forgot to add: what is the old windmill water pump?

There is no need to "correlate blazes". I don't believe that to be a fruitful approach.
05-18-2019, 09:03 AM,
(05-18-2019, 12:21 AM)John Brown Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 12:14 AM)Top Secret Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 11:38 PM)John Brown Wrote: Not on chase chase or Dal's site. It is just a hint. There are many hints. There are a few cryptic mentions over the years. No telling what they mean. No one provides an estimate of the number of occurrences of "saddle" in their cryptic gibberish. Could be that they are 'staying in the saddle" or "back on the saddle". No one actually says "saddle is a hint." I suggest it is.

au contraire,

that puts your credibility at suspect at best, so your quite certain prediction is well less certain IMO.

As I said, the one thing I am certain of is you don't know how certain the hints are. I almost revealed some at one point, in fact maybe I did. I can't remember. You can't see it. It requires eyes that are open. Sorry.

Oh I see your doing the Chris Yates spaghetti toss to see if anyone thinks like you. I thought you were just discussing the concept in general with general vague coincidence and I just was simply confirming this has been done already.

The way I look at it, your mind has convinced you that you have something unique and concrete (like Fenn's Grandma can't), yet without proper debate on specific details you are stuck spinning your wheels confusing everyone with your ultra vague approach.

Let me know when you actually have something worth while to discuss and I will give relevant feedback, otherwise you're wasting everyones time.
05-18-2019, 09:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 09:42 AM by crazyfamily.)
If
Let the beat-downs continue. Don’t we all do this? I’ve been very careful to not discuss my solution, but I’ve put enough out there that I’m pretty sure no one’s on my cloud.

razyfamily

The Yates comment was pretty funny, for sure. Spaghetti is the perfect analogy for what he’s been doing. Notice, he gave up on chasechat and now has his hands full “over there.”

razyfamily
05-18-2019, 09:47 AM,
(05-18-2019, 09:03 AM)Top Secret Wrote: Let me know when you actually have something worth while to discuss and I will give relevant feedback, otherwise you're wasting everyones time.

Wasn't talking to you. I don't look for feedback from you.
05-18-2019, 10:05 AM,
If
But you know me, John. I can easily find the contrast between the science of Franklin and the religion of Thor. And there’s lots of contrasting going on in TTOTC.

As far as saddle goes, it’s a noun and a verb.

I prefer 2b...

2a : to place under a burden or encumbrance
b : to place (an onerous responsibility) on a person or group

razyfamily
05-18-2019, 10:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 10:27 AM by Top Secret.)
(05-18-2019, 09:47 AM)John Brown Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 09:03 AM)Top Secret Wrote: Let me know when you actually have something worth while to discuss and I will give relevant feedback, otherwise you're wasting everyones time.

Wasn't talking to you. I don't look for feedback from you.
Then use a PM when you post on CC you are talking to me.

(05-18-2019, 09:40 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Let the beat-downs continue. Don’t we all do this? I’ve been very careful to not discuss my solution, but I’ve put enough out there that I’m pretty sure no one’s on my cloud.

razyfamily

The Yates comment was pretty funny, for sure. Spaghetti is the perfect analogy for what he’s been doing. Notice, he gave up on chasechat and now has his hands full “over there.”

razyfamily
I guess that is what this is all about isn't it? People use the forums to place cryptic crap to see if anyone sniffs it out and then they can worry and if they don't they think they're some kind of mythical "lead dog"

If there was someone figuring this out, they are not on the forums since they don't need help and they are not afraid of wanna-bee searchers using forums to get no where. If they are on the forums, they would realize that no one piece of information is useful to anyone and they provide much more detail without fear of anyone surpassing them. I mean Fenn has been singing the blues for years and still no buddy is figuring anything out and he is the only one that counts.
05-18-2019, 10:26 AM,
If
I don’t know, I think he hints in everything he says. It’s just that some things are more recognizable than others, or, he’s full of it.

How Forrest interacts with us is the best part of the blogs. I also believe that he reads, or has someone read and then reports back to him. Searchers send him links to threads and vlogs, etc.

razyfamily