Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If
05-18-2019, 10:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 10:49 AM by Top Secret.)
RE: If
(05-18-2019, 10:26 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: I don’t know, I think he hints in everything he says. It’s just that some things are more recognizable than others, or, he’s full of it.

razyfamily

Ok if he hints in everything, which is plausible, then why is there no consensus on his post meaning? Searchers are much more vague in their postings and so what are they worried about if no one can figure out Fenn's posts why would they figure out a cryptically disguised wrong interpretation of the poem? Why should searcher's even listen to other searchers? There is no fear since they are only looking for confirmation of their own incorrect interpretation.

Alternatively, if you believe in Fenn hints everywhere, then what do you read into the Rubic's cube analogy that he thought highly enough to have it posted on Dals? The interesting part of the analogy is that all the clues answers (bottom layer) have been solved and publicized but the middle layer is the task of putting it all together.

If so, no one has any new information of value, one just has to extract the gems from the thousands of grains of clue sands and put them to the map and you are done.
05-18-2019, 11:13 AM,
(05-18-2019, 10:07 AM)Top Secret Wrote: If there was someone figuring this out, they are not on the forums since they don't need help and they are not afraid of wanna-bee searchers using forums to get no where.

Or they are just reading on the forums and not posting anything much.
05-18-2019, 11:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 11:23 AM by crazyfamily.)
If
(05-18-2019, 10:32 AM)Top Secret Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 10:26 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: I don’t know, I think he hints in everything he says. It’s just that some things are more recognizable than others, or, he’s full of it.

razyfamily

Ok if he hints in everything, which is plausible, then why is there no consensus on his post meaning? Searchers are much more vague in their postings and so what are they worried about if no one can figure out Fenn's posts why would they figure out a cryptically disguised wrong interpretation of the poem? Why should searcher's even listen to other searchers? There is no fear since they are only looking for confirmation of their own incorrect interpretation.

Alternatively, if you believe in Fenn hints everywhere, then what do you read into the Rubic's cube analogy that he thought highly enough to have it posted on Dals? The interesting part of the analogy is that all the clues answers (bottom layer) have been solved and publicized but the middle layer is the task of putting it all together.

If so, no one has any new information of value, one just has to extract the gems from the thousands of grains of clue sands and put them to the map and you are done.
There’s a lot to respond to in there. Why would his scrapbooks and blog postings be any different than TTOTC? Everyone reads it differently, and there’s no consensus even though he said there are hints sprinkled in the book.

I agree, what are people worried about. I can only speak for myself. I’m well aware of how out there my interpretations are, but I have seen a footprint in a location during a search that there was no reason for anyone to go there unless they were looking for something. Unless Forrest totally lies all the time, we know that there are a few that are solving clues. I feel I have to protect my work if I believe in it, and I do.

I think most searchers expect too much from the hints as though Forrest is gonna come out and tell them where the treasure is located. That just isn’t going to happen. I’ve already said what I thought about the Rubik’s cube. It’s like his can collection. Multiple perspective. Someone who understands how the cube works can see all the sides at the same time.

I’ll say this one more time. When Marty was up in Yellowstone with the film crew she was looking for home of brown. Forrest asked her, “where are you from?” That’s a hint. Is brown from a place called YELLOWstone? I don’t think so, but bazillions of searchers still think that the treasure is there because of the one dimensional view that his best memories are there.

razyfamily
05-18-2019, 11:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 11:53 AM by Top Secret.)
(05-18-2019, 11:22 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 10:32 AM)Top Secret Wrote:

razyfamily

There’s a lot to respond to in there. Why would his scrapbooks and blog postings be any different than TTOTC? Everyone reads it differently, and there’s no consensus even though he said there are hints sprinkled in the book.

I agree, what are people worried about. I can only speak for myself. I’m well aware of how out there my interpretations are, but I have seen a footprint in a location during a search that there was no reason for anyone to go there unless they were looking for something. Unless Forrest totally lies all the time, we know that there are a few that are solving clues. I feel I have to protect my work if I believe in it, and I do.

I think most searchers expect too much from the hints as though Forrest is gonna come out and tell them where the treasure is located. That just isn’t going to happen. I’ve already said what I thought about the Rubik’s cube. It’s like his can collection. Multiple perspective. Someone who understands how the cube works can see all the sides at the same time.

I’ll say this one more time. When Marty was up in Yellowstone with the film crew she was looking for home of brown. Forrest asked her, “where are you from?” That’s a hint. Is brown from a place called YELLOWstone? I don’t think so, but bazillions of searchers still think that the treasure is there because of the one dimensional view that his best memories are there.

razyfamily
1. Agree if hints in TTOTC and TFTW then everything else is game. His rules be open.
2. Agree - Forrest lies all the time.
3. Disagree with Protect your work, all searchers think they have something special until they release it and reality sets in. The mind works like that
4. Rubics cube - my explanation was a repeat of original, is that not what the main point was? Clues already solved by various people just no one can put them together because they are stuck protecting their own flawed stuff that they think is perfect. Isn't the solver the one bet able to adjust which suggests every will be wrong from the beginning and they will have to adjust.
5. Agree- searchers expect to much from Fenn hints
6. Marty's home is in Georgia what does that have to do with anything?
05-18-2019, 12:46 PM,
@John Brown said, "There is no need to "correlate blazes". I don't believe that to be a fruitful approach."
I was going to say, don't argue. But in this forum you may argue... You correlate your area(s), your ranger stations, your signs, your fire data for each station, when the fires started, how they started, and the book hints about fire, blazes, lightning rods in your mind or in a computer program. You can download this data from USDA as cvs or excel; you then ccorrelate all the Rocky Mts. areas you choose and see if things cross.
I was just trying to throw out some information. It is up to you to decide if you like it or not. I do not try to deceive, deflect or give away my trip. I have asked two people in private questions out in the open and state my intention to them why I asked. One lady answered very matter-of-fact and was honest with her reasons not to answer fully. The other was like, who are you?
But , you see, this is chasechat and that is cool... Thanks Stephanie.
just saying ss
05-18-2019, 01:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 02:16 PM by crazyfamily.)
If
(05-18-2019, 11:45 AM)Top Secret Wrote: 4. Rubics cube - my explanation was a repeat of original, is that not what the main point was? Clues already solved by various people just no one can put them together because they are stuck protecting their own flawed stuff that they think is perfect. Isn't the solver the one bet able to adjust which suggests every will be wrong from the beginning and they will have to adjust.

Have a look at SB148 and see if that doesn’t look like someone has made adjustments. Compare it to SB130. Forrest is not talking about house shoes.

(05-18-2019, 11:45 AM)Top Secret Wrote: 6. Marty's home is in Georgia what does that have to do with anything?
And there’s the breakdown, IMO. Marty is from Georgia, but she wasn’t looking for Marty.
razyfamily
05-18-2019, 01:44 PM,
(05-18-2019, 12:46 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @John Brown said, "There is no need to "correlate blazes". I don't believe that to be a fruitful approach."
I was going to say, don't argue. But in this forum you may argue... You correlate your area(s), your ranger stations, your signs, your fire data for each station, when the fires started, how they started, and the book hints about fire, blazes, lightning rods in your mind or in a computer program. You can download this data from USDA as cvs or excel; you then ccorrelate all the Rocky Mts. areas you choose and see if things cross.
I was just trying to throw out some information. It is up to you to decide if you like it or not. I do not try to deceive, deflect or give away my trip. I have asked two people in private questions out in the open and state my intention to them why I asked. One lady answered very matter-of-fact and was honest with her reasons not to answer fully. The other was like, who are you?
But , you see, this is chasechat and that is cool... Thanks Stephanie.

Good luck.
05-18-2019, 02:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 02:25 PM by Top Secret.)
(05-18-2019, 01:06 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 11:45 AM)Top Secret Wrote: 4. Rubics cube - my explanation was a repeat of original, is that not what the main point was? Clues already solved by various people just no one can put them together because they are stuck protecting their own flawed stuff that they think is perfect. Isn't the solver the one bet able to adjust which suggests every will be wrong from the beginning and they will have to adjust.

Have a look at SB148 and see if that doesn’t look like someone has made adjustments. Compare it to SB130. Forrest is not talking about house shoes. They’re definitely a metaphor.

razyfamily

I like that scrapbook, probably my fav! So are you suggesting that some wannabe made an adjustment way back in 2015? If so why are we still talking about it?

Hey, there is that word "comfort" again, what did Fenn say about comfort?
05-18-2019, 02:19 PM,
If
It’s just an example.

razyfamily
05-18-2019, 07:29 PM,
comfort, effort.
big difference?