Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much effort did FF put forth in hiding the TC . . .
06-28-2019, 10:19 AM,
RE: How much effort did FF put forth in hiding the TC . . .
(06-25-2019, 07:13 PM)CapnCook Wrote:
(06-23-2019, 07:03 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(06-23-2019, 03:16 AM)muset Wrote: That is a good topic.

The riddle in the poem should direct a person to the hiding place without fooling the searcher at the last moment, IMO. Indeed, Forrest once said that he doubted any searcher could get within 12 feet without finding it (can't find the quote right now so call me on this if you disagree).

Forrest also said that the chest is not under any man-made object ( https://dalneitzel.com/2017/06/29/safety_first/ ), almost eliminating the idea of a buried chest, since a buried chest should have a blaze above it in order to find it.

What is left as likely scenarios (IMO of course) are two: a niche in a rock or stump; or under a live tree. Am I missing something else?

I would add under a log, if the log in question is associated with a blaze (for example, the log could be making an "X" with another log).

Also, I think it could be buried if the blaze is a naturally occurring blaze, such as a white streak on a cliff face.

I can't remember the exact Wording of the quote but Fenn said some thing like. If they never find my art. I think that his art is the blaze. Meaning the blaze is made by him. And not something natural. And the blaze are stones or associated with stones (based on an earlier draft of his poem that said if you find the stones leave my bones or something like that. Dal posted it) so imo Fenn put a ton of effort in hiding his tc. He manipulated a scene to reflect his intentions. And it's probably in a meadow. Because a meadow is such a wonderful word. And thank you 5girls for bumping threads to move on! Smile

When I think of a meadow in the Rockies, I think of a place where rye
might grow. One might want to search there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your effort will be worth the cold. mikemarcum878 7 2,511 06-27-2018, 03:38 AM
Last Post: heyoka
  Your effort . . . what might this mean? Andrew Jef 2 1,037 02-07-2017, 04:19 AM
Last Post: Mindy
  answer to effort=cold DeeepThnkr 0 1,370 01-26-2017, 10:09 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  The hiding place James Perotti 5 2,643 01-19-2017, 08:17 PM
Last Post: TheTicTocMan
  The hiding place James Perotti 2 1,815 12-20-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Hammertime
  The hiding space GoneAlone 17 8,123 08-16-2016, 03:56 PM
Last Post: James Perotti