Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Certainly isn’t feasible to try...
05-28-2019, 08:20 PM,
RE: Certainly isn’t feasible to try...
(05-28-2019, 07:45 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Just another attempt to beat down my ideas.

I can’t imagine the amount of explosives it would take to remove that tower. Is that really feasible? I sure don’t think that meets the definition of feasible, nor are the array of mirrors or lighting that you’ve proposed.

It wouldn't take a lot of explosives IMO. Gravity does a lot of the work. Large open-pit mines use more.

I thought the "Indiana Jones" in you would appreciate the mirror idea. Also, Forrest talks about mirrors lot. Just entertaining myself mostly. But it may be important to determine what is feasible and what isn't. I thought your suggestion was part of an exploration of this issue. If you always take opposing views as a beat down of your ideas, it is unfortunate.

I apologize if you are offended by my comments. The shadow picture you posted is impressive.
05-28-2019, 08:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-28-2019, 08:26 PM by crazyfamily.)
I’m okay with examining what exactly is or isn’t feasible. I’m mostly ribbing about the beat down. It’s exactly how I’ve checked my solution. There are several tests that you can put to your solution.

razyfamily

Sure, it might be feasible for the military to pull off an operation like those.

razyfamily
05-29-2019, 01:48 AM,
Tons of excellent replies. Things like shadows or huge monuments etc etc I think fit into the lack of feasibility. Multiple small objects don’t really fit the bill unless they are protected. Even something the size of Stonehenge I think dances the line of feasibility of removal. I mean if twenty of us went to Stonehenge with tractors we could remove it right? Since it’s protected it’s not feasible. So what Blaze can’t be reasonably removed? I think this may be a useful exercise for all of us...
05-29-2019, 05:41 AM,
Just a few thoughts from the top of my head that are in the search area.
Tecolote Messa in New Mexico - The red sandstone in the mesa looks like a pair of owl eyes. The problem with this one, they face a direction which Fenn stated he doesn't believe the blaze faces any direction on a compass.

Same with the cliff paintings (I can't remember where those were at, I just remember reading about them)

Tipi rings are a good one, they are usually on protected land due to all the artifacts and historical significance and face no specific direction.

I'm sure there are plenty of others.
05-29-2019, 09:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 09:42 AM by crazyfamily.)
I’ve said before, the sun has radials, doesn’t face any particular direction, isn’t feasible to remove(you could search at night but maybe it’s not feasible to find the treasure at night) and I’m certain it’s still there.

Same for a trail or path, a county line, a state line, a river, etc.

razyfamily
05-29-2019, 10:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 10:15 AM by filmguy.)
All these are great, but you're forgetting the rest of the poem.
Once you found the blaze you look quickly down, that is where the chest is.

So, if your blaze isn't something that requires looking (or traveling) down, then its not the blaze.
A statue or boulder wouldn't fit as looking down would mean the chest is sitting right at the base. What's the point of writing the clue when this scenario it would be obvious? The blaze would cease the quest, not the looking down part.

Unless the rock/boulder is on the edge of a cliff and you would need to look down below it to find the chest. But i think this fits into the dangerous scenario condition. I wouldn't want any kids looking for the treasure if this was the case.

So, what would qualify as a blaze and require looking down from/next to in safe conditions? Something that isn't feasible to remove (also meaning it's not smart to think Fenn had put it there. Would have to be something natural (not associated to any man-made structure)
05-29-2019, 12:22 PM,
(05-29-2019, 10:11 AM)filmguy Wrote: All these are great, but you're forgetting the rest of the poem.

So, if your blaze isn't something that requires looking (or traveling) down, then its not the blaze.
A statue or boulder wouldn't fit as looking down would mean the chest is sitting right at the base. What's the point of writing the clue when this scenario it would be obvious? The blaze would cease the quest, not the looking down part.

Unless the rock/boulder is on the edge of a cliff and you would need to look down below it to find the chest. But i think this fits into the dangerous scenario condition. I wouldn't want any kids looking for the treasure if this was the case.

So, what would qualify as a blaze and require looking down from/next to in safe conditions? Something that isn't feasible to remove (also meaning it's not smart to think Fenn had put it there. Would have to be something natural (not associated to any man-made structure)

Look quickly down could have some other meaning instead of literally looking towards your feet.
There is also half the poem still after that so I believe there is more to it.
05-29-2019, 01:03 PM,
(05-29-2019, 12:22 PM)kaotkbliss Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 10:11 AM)filmguy Wrote: All these are great, but you're forgetting the rest of the poem.

Look quickly down could have some other meaning instead of literally looking towards your feet.
There is also half the poem still after that so I believe there is more to it.

Yes, like praying or turning.

razyfamily
05-29-2019, 02:14 PM,
@kaotkbliss
http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...direction/

Mr. Fenn,

"Which direction does the Blaze face? North, South, East or West? Curious." Foxy

"I didn’t take a radial off of the blaze Foxy. I’m thinking it may not be any of those directions." f
just saying ss
05-29-2019, 02:27 PM,
"Look quickly down could have some other meaning instead of literally looking towards your feet."

This could constitute out of the box thinking. "Don’t try to change my poem to fit your ideas.” = much of the poem is very literal. Maybe all of it. Has anyone asked Fenn?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What wouldn't be feasible to move?? Gordon Lightfoot 4 1,901 07-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Last Post: pidmt