Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Certainly isn’t feasible to try...
05-29-2019, 03:39 PM,
Certainly isn’t feasible to try...
(05-28-2019, 09:39 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Totally.

[Image: abff962c91efdb5887200034f8e367ab.jpg]

razyfamily

That looks familiar! Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
05-29-2019, 05:02 PM,
RE: Certainly isn’t feasible to try...
(05-29-2019, 01:03 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 12:22 PM)kaotkbliss Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 10:11 AM)filmguy Wrote: All these are great, but you're forgetting the rest of the poem.
Once you found the blaze you look quickly down, that is where the chest is.

So, if your blaze isn't something that requires looking (or traveling) down, then its not the blaze.
A statue or boulder wouldn't fit as looking down would mean the chest is sitting right at the base. What's the point of writing the clue when this scenario it would be obvious? The blaze would cease the quest, not the looking down part.

Unless the rock/boulder is on the edge of a cliff and you would need to look down below it to find the chest. But i think this fits into the dangerous scenario condition. I wouldn't want any kids looking for the treasure if this was the case.

So, what would qualify as a blaze and require looking down from/next to in safe conditions? Something that isn't feasible to remove (also meaning it's not smart to think Fenn had put it there. Would have to be something natural (not associated to any man-made structure)

Look quickly down could have some other meaning instead of literally looking towards your feet.
There is also half the poem still after that so I believe there is more to it.

Yes, like praying or turning.

razyfamily

Another "mantis" connection?
05-29-2019, 07:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 07:56 PM by kaotkbliss.)
(05-29-2019, 02:14 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @kaotkbliss
http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...direction/

Mr. Fenn,

"Which direction does the Blaze face? North, South, East or West? Curious." Foxy

"I didn’t take a radial off of the blaze Foxy. I’m thinking it may not be any of those directions." f
Yep, I read hat, which is why I don't put much stock into something like the tecolote mesa, because the "owl eyes" definately have a direction. I'm thinking it's something more like a spire or something flat on the ground. ie: something that either points in all directions, or up.

(05-29-2019, 02:27 PM)filmguy Wrote: "Look quickly down could have some other meaning instead of literally looking towards your feet."

This could constitute out of the box thinking. "Don’t try to change my poem to fit your ideas.” = much of the poem is very literal. Maybe all of it. Has anyone asked Fenn?

To me it seems Fenn likes to write in idioms and metephors. In my opinion, I don't see the poem being any different.
05-30-2019, 07:54 AM,
" me it seems Fenn likes to write in idioms and metephors. "

I've read TTOTC and TFTW, I don't see this at all.
Are you referring to recent quotes/emails? If so I can kind of see it, but that's a result of his popularity and him knowing people cling to his words so he's trying to sound clever/intelligent.

But the poem wasn't written recently.
It was written when he wrote TTOTC.
I'll need to reread the book again to confirm, but my impression was his stories/poems are pretty straight forward. It's one of the things I called him out on at the very beginning, having a very amateurish writing style. I know there are those that claim that's his genius, he's doing it on purpose. I just roll my eyes at those people.
05-30-2019, 11:35 AM,
"The Shadow Knows" so bring a sandwich and a flashlight!
05-30-2019, 09:16 PM,
(05-29-2019, 02:14 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @kaotkbliss
http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...direction/

Mr. Fenn,

"Which direction does the Blaze face? North, South, East or West? Curious." Foxy

"I didn’t take a radial off of the blaze Foxy. I’m thinking it may not be any of those directions." f

I think the blaze does face a direction,the question only mentioned the four basic compass directions,rule those out,that's what Fenn was responding to.
05-30-2019, 10:37 PM,
(05-30-2019, 07:54 AM)filmguy Wrote: " me it seems Fenn likes to write in idioms and metephors. "

I've read TTOTC and TFTW, I don't see this at all.
Are you referring to recent quotes/emails? If so I can kind of see it, but that's a result of his popularity and him knowing people cling to his words so he's trying to sound clever/intelligent.

But the poem wasn't written recently.
It was written when he wrote TTOTC.
I'll need to reread the book again to confirm, but my impression was his stories/poems are pretty straight forward. It's one of the things I called him out on at the very beginning, having a very amateurish writing style. I know there are those that claim that's his genius, he's doing it on purpose. I just roll my eyes at those people.

When it's all done and everything is revealed, there will still be two camps: folks who say it was genius and those who say it was amateurish.

What we've basically got is a poem with lines that can be interpreted in many different ways, which gives millions of potential solves.
05-31-2019, 03:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2019, 03:53 AM by easternOHsteve.)
@FlashFlood
This has been discussed; you are correct imo. Forrest is saying it doesn't face any of the cardinals...

@Tim Nobody
The Shadow knows the area well...
just saying ss
05-31-2019, 08:06 AM,
"What we've basically got is a poem with lines that can be interpreted in many different ways, which gives millions of potential solves."

Yep, Fenn was wise to make a poem with very generic clues. The only specific word in the poem is Brown, the most common last name.

I met Jim Sanborn (guy behind the CIA and UH cipher sculptures that take decades to solve) and he had shown me one of his newest ciphers and I kid you not he said, "It's difficult, but not impossible." He then leaned in saying, "Basically there is a solution, but it won't ever be solved. Not even by computers." This could be what we have here with Fenn's poem. The chest is out there, the clues can lead to it if you know where to go, but we won't ever figure them out.

My experience, whenever someone says not impossible. That usually means it very near impossible.
05-31-2019, 08:35 AM,
I believe I know what the blaze is... and that it is man-made of metal and bronze, is definitely able to move (if you had a crane and a truck), was moved into place just before ff hid the TC, and overlooks a very special place. Further, it is not likely to be moved because it is in a very public place and, well, you'd have a bunch of local folks who work there all over you in about 3 seconds.

Now... interestingly... even though multiple references confirm this blaze looking quickly down did not elucidate the spot where the TC is sepulchured. I must be missing something obvious. But I was also reluctant to brave the cold (do not touch) given where I was...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What wouldn't be feasible to move?? Gordon Lightfoot 4 1,901 07-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Last Post: pidmt