Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your direction of travel Start to Finish
06-05-2019, 03:16 PM,
Your direction of travel Start to Finish
How many of you are thinking that the direction of travel from your "Begin it WWWH..." point to your ending point, at the TC is all the same direction of travel? As the clues in the poem progress from 1-2-3...8-9, contiguous one after the other so does your direction of travel in that same singular direction. As Forrest said, "I put one foot heal to toe in front of the other...,"
I'm not asking for your solve or any details just who else out there thinks the solve is linear in progression and why.
06-05-2019, 06:35 PM,
RE: Your direction of travel Start to Finish
Did he say the people that got the first few clues correct went right on by the others? Would seem to indicate a turn. Learning curve + personality rehab + change in polarity = sounds like a change in direction.

The direction change should be the shortest route to the chest or else its wrong according to Fenn.
06-07-2019, 09:05 AM,
Fenn also said that the clues we're contiguous, ie 1connected to 2 connected to 3, etc., in order from 1 through 9. He also stated that he followed the clues when he hid the treasure. This implies that physically, BOTG 1 leads to 2 leads to 3, etc. in a linear progression.
06-07-2019, 12:29 PM,
I don’t think f likes traveling down the center of the lane much...ain’t no fun in that.

Howdy, Mister.
06-07-2019, 05:15 PM,
I didn't say a straight line! Go back to school and learn how to read complete sentences! I said contiguous, one after the other, from your WWWH to the TC.
06-07-2019, 05:15 PM,
Yeah, I think he said he put one foot down, then stepped on it
06-07-2019, 05:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2019, 05:43 PM by realistrealist.)
(06-07-2019, 05:15 PM)kaotkbliss Wrote: Yeah, I think he said he put one foot down, then stepped on it

Yep, and how deep is a hole?

I'm stuck on two positions right now - 1 makes sense from WWWH and does involve turning back the other direction after the 3rd or 4th clue. Would need to figure out 5+ on ground it appears.

The other, I have no idea where the start point would be. After I read the book, I just felt like it was the general area from the book hints (perceived). Can't make sense of the 3rd clue in that instance to get me to the 4th. In that case, Borderline Biddies might be referring to Continental Trail vs. crossing the street. Jump-Starting the Learning Curve screams Iron Spring Creek to me - and I know the creek/area has been searched a bunch - probably by tens if not hundreds of people - but the key point is that it would be the hoB below where you put in vs. where you search.
06-08-2019, 08:54 AM,
(06-07-2019, 05:32 PM)realistrealist Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 05:15 PM)kaotkbliss Wrote: Yeah, I think he said he put one foot down, then stepped on it

Yep, and how deep is a hole?

I'm stuck on two positions right now - 1 makes sense from WWWH and does involve turning back the other direction after the 3rd or 4th clue. Would need to figure out 5+ on ground it appears.

The other, I have no idea where the start point would be. After I read the book, I just felt like it was the general area from the book hints (perceived). Can't make sense of the 3rd clue in that instance to get me to the 4th. In that case, Borderline Biddies might be referring to Continental Trail vs. crossing the street. Jump-Starting the Learning Curve screams Iron Spring Creek to me - and I know the creek/area has been searched a bunch - probably by tens if not hundreds of people - but the key point is that it would be the hoB below where you put in vs. where you search.

There are at least 20 geyser/hot springs in Yellowstone that have brown or mud or something that would be similar to brown in their name. Another 5 or so with "Tea" in their name. So I am not sure why Iron Spring Creek is top of your list in that regard. Admittedly, the creek could have fish in it, where the others would not. Regardless, one of the others may work better for you. Good luck!
06-08-2019, 09:35 AM,
(06-05-2019, 03:16 PM)Fgump Wrote: How many of you are thinking that the direction of travel from your "Begin it WWWH..." point to your ending point, at the TC is all the same direction of travel? As the clues in the poem progress from 1-2-3...8-9, contiguous one after the other so does your direction of travel in that same singular direction. As Forrest said, "I put one foot heal to toe in front of the other...,"
I'm not asking for your solve or any details just who else out there thinks the solve is linear in progression and why.

I think since the blaze line in the poem is in the past tense that’s where the contiguous/consecutive matter gets upset.

Howdy, Mister.
06-08-2019, 11:27 AM,
It could be just the wise part that's past tense and found the blaze present tense.
Like learning a skill beforehand to accomplish a task now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you stumble up on a clue from another direction in there." mikemarcum03 0 241 04-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum03
  Where to start... Mindy 24 5,474 04-17-2018, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Mindy
  Travel vs computer Copper 20 5,285 11-11-2017, 07:10 PM
Last Post: mike marcum
  Start over OjoDude 21 7,531 10-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Where to start and why? AsiaAdventurer 51 17,648 03-14-2017, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Umbra
  Time travel Hammertime 7 3,584 10-06-2016, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Hammertime