Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lost Kivas of San Lazaro
06-09-2019, 11:31 AM,
The Lost Kivas of San Lazaro
After being out of print for several years, Ric Hajovsky’s (that’s me) book about Forrest Fenn and San Lazaro is back in print as an “on demand book” on Amazon books. I wrote The Lost Kivas of San Lazaro at the same time Forrest was preparing to hide his treasure. Forrest had asked me to find him an antique “book of hours” box in Spain that he could use to bury it in, but I was unable to find one in time and he ended up using one that he found somewhere else. I remember holding one of the gold nuggets that he placed in the box and it was larger than a turkey egg.

I consider Forrest a very good friend and I am pleased that he is enjoying this treasure quest. However, other than what I had to say in my book, The Lost Kivas of San Lazaro, I will not answer any questions regarding the treasure.

Good luck, treasure hunters!

Ric Hajovsky
06-09-2019, 11:58 AM,
RE: The Lost Kivas of San Lazaro
(06-09-2019, 11:31 AM)Ric Wrote: After being out of print for several years, Ric Hajovsky’s (that’s me) book about Forrest Fenn and San Lazaro is back in print as an “on demand book” on Amazon books. I wrote The Lost Kivas of San Lazaro at the same time Forrest was preparing to hide his treasure. Forrest had asked me to find him an antique “book of hours” box in Spain that he could use to bury it in, but I was unable to find one in time and he ended up using one that he found somewhere else. I remember holding one of the gold nuggets that he placed in the box and it was larger than a turkey egg.

I consider Forrest a very good friend and I am pleased that he is enjoying this treasure quest. However, other than what I had to say in my book, The Lost Kivas of San Lazaro, I will not answer any questions regarding the treasure.

Good luck, treasure hunters!

Ric Hajovsky

Link? Or is this the one offered by Blurb? "Only 4 left in stock" (??)
06-09-2019, 01:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2019, 01:10 PM by TommyVoltaire.)
Why in the world would Forrest ask anyone to write another book about San Lazaro for him after FF wrote a rather lengthy book himself about San Lazaro?

Why doesn't Forrest ever speak of this book?

Is this book actually back in print or is Blurb just trying to make an extra few bucks off of some of their remaining copies?
06-09-2019, 03:29 PM,
(06-09-2019, 01:08 PM)TommyVoltaire Wrote: Why in the world would Forrest ask anyone to write another book about San Lazaro for him after FF wrote a rather lengthy book himself about San Lazaro?

Why doesn't Forrest ever speak of this book?

Is this book actually back in print or is Blurb just trying to make an extra few bucks off of some of their remaining copies?

Blurb is an electronic publishing house, which Ric could be using. Since they can print unlimited copies, I did not understand "Only 4 copies left".
06-09-2019, 03:32 PM,
The print-on-demand edition of the Lost Kivas of San Lazaro is offered by Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Kivas-San-La...ks&sr=1-19). It is the same text and photos as the 2010 second edition, with no additions or deletions. The first edition was sent out to libraries, universities, and research organizations. The second edition was sold through book stores in Santa Fe and the Palace of the Governors gift shop in Santa Fe. When it sold out, I had moved on to other things, and did not make a third edition.

The "only a few left in stock" statement is a typical "call to action" trick that many online sales companies use (hotel booking sites, airline reservation sites, online merchandise sales companies, Amazon, etc.) The book is not old stock; it printed to order (print-on-demand).

Forrest originally asked me to write this book after his own book on San Lazaro became dated because of the many new discoveries at San Lazaro, such as the second kiva. This was back during the time he was planning the burial of his treasure.
06-09-2019, 04:00 PM,
@ Ric you said you would not answer questions about the TC, but you mention the that fenn wanted you to find him a box in in Spain to bury it in,you said it that in your 1st post and said fenn was planning to bury the treasure in your 2nd post,fenn said he did not want to say if it was buried or hidden,so sounds like you did answer a question about the treasure, so fenn told you he was gonna bury it?
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
06-09-2019, 04:54 PM,
That sounds like a question to me! I said I would not answer questions about the treasure.
06-09-2019, 05:45 PM,
Ric,
Can you tell us how many 3rd ed. books will be printed?

Also, it's worth noting that FF has slipped up at least 3 times in interviews to my knowledge and said he either buried the TC or that the TC is buried.
06-09-2019, 06:13 PM,
The book is "print-on-demand". That means as many will be printed as are ordered.
06-09-2019, 07:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2019, 07:06 PM by pidmt.)
i will withdraw the question ,thanks for the answer that fenn would not answer,,,, and as Tommy said fenn did slip up a time or two,im glad someone cleared it up,thanks
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who discovered San lazaro? McFly 19 4,446 06-10-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Ric
  San Lazaro admin 14 2,339 07-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  The Secrets of San Lazaro Connections to TTotC, SB’s, MW Part 1 Mindy 34 7,374 07-05-2018, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bet
  The Secrets of San Lazaro Part 2 Mindy 14 2,878 07-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  why not san lazaro collaboration DNA 21 15,462 11-18-2015, 10:06 AM
Last Post: 23kachinas
  Inviting ourselves to San Lazaro to Dig with Forrest..... glock20 10 6,510 10-23-2015, 01:15 PM
Last Post: glock20