Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The trouble with confidence...
06-12-2019, 04:10 PM,
RE: The trouble with confidence...
(06-12-2019, 09:10 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: So, last night Yates announced at Hairy’s that he has solved the poem.

Instead of quietly walking to the treasure, as Forrest has said the finder would do, Yates had the “confidence” to place his head on the chopping block in the town square with everyone watching.

Davis came out of the wood work to take whacks at the head with his predictably blunt battle ax fashioned from poop.

Now, I’m skeptical of Yates solution, for sure. Forrest said that many had solved the first clue, so I have a hard time believing that “many” have done what Yates did to that poem. Still, according to Astree, who is very wise, Yates may be experiencing true confidence but will have to wait until he goes to see if the treasure is where he thinks Forrest put it.

What was Yates thinking. He left chasechat for that Hairy flop house thinking what? They would lavish him with praise for his brilliant work on his chrisword puzzle? Yates is obviously the type who can’t keep it quiet. We will have to wait, and perhaps we’ll never know.

Doesn’t feel like confidence to me.

razyfamily

Small minds talk about people.
06-12-2019, 05:18 PM,
(06-12-2019, 09:10 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: So, last night Yates announced at Hairy’s that he has solved the poem.

Instead of quietly walking to the treasure, as Forrest has said the finder would do, Yates had the “confidence” to place his head on the chopping block in the town square with everyone watching.

Davis came out of the wood work to take whacks at the head with his predictably blunt battle ax fashioned from poop.

Now, I’m skeptical of Yates solution, for sure. Forrest said that many had solved the first clue, so I have a hard time believing that “many” have done what Yates did to that poem. Still, according to Astree, who is very wise, Yates may be experiencing true confidence but will have to wait until he goes to see if the treasure is where he thinks Forrest put it.

What was Yates thinking. He left chasechat for that Hairy flop house thinking what? They would lavish him with praise for his brilliant work on his chrisword puzzle? Yates is obviously the type who can’t keep it quiet. We will have to wait, and perhaps we’ll never know.

razyfamily

Did F actually use the word “many?” I thought it was “several,” which means “more than two, but not many more than two.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
06-12-2019, 06:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2019, 06:21 PM by crazyfamily.)
Does it matter? Forrest misquoted or misattributed quotes and stuff so much that I’ve stopped caring about misquoting Forrest.

Yates doesn’t use punctuation ‘cause he thinks that if you can understand what he’s saying then what difference does the punctuation make.

I prefer to use proper grammar and punctuation because if I take the time to write it down and care enough to tell it in public, I don’t want to be misunderstood.

Besides, anytime you’re wrong about something everyone corrects you. The quote is not the point. If you get the point then who cares what the actual quote is.

The point is: how many people have “solved” the first clue the way that Yates has? AND Forrest said the clues get easier, the poem is straightforward etc. Does that sound like his solution? No wife.

razyfamily

(06-12-2019, 04:10 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote:

razyfamily

A witty saying proves nothing.— Voltaire

razyfamily
06-12-2019, 08:54 PM,
(06-12-2019, 04:10 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: Small minds talk about people.

Good point.
06-12-2019, 10:09 PM,
Deeep says he knows how Chris went from Know Ive to No wive, DT explained it once last yr. Fenn said u will go in confidence, no ifs. Change of pov in line 13 from IF youve been wise to Know Ive been wise. No ifs. There is more but his interpretation isnt the exactly right nor wrong. BT's read on the first half of line is the correct one but Chris's would be just a hint.. Bts and Dts read are how you find it, the characters involved named in the line and when to find it. DT doesnt know if BT or Chris has local, but DT does. He thanks BT for the UV, to cease is from?
06-12-2019, 10:12 PM,
So, three searchers who are current or former members of this blog have the same solution and none of the three have picked up the chest? Is that right.

razyfamily
06-12-2019, 10:36 PM,
I totally missed the no wives thing. It'll be interesting to see if Chris or DT gets there first.
06-13-2019, 12:27 AM,
(06-12-2019, 10:05 AM)Buddy Allen Wrote: Well I'm running out to search right now. I am extremely confident that I will see some amazing and beautiful stuff, treasure who knows. Just got to run by the deli and pick up a sammich.

Good luck!
06-13-2019, 04:33 AM,
(06-12-2019, 06:04 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Does it matter? Forrest misquoted or misattributed quotes and stuff so much that I’ve stopped caring about misquoting Forrest.

Yates doesn’t use punctuation ‘cause he thinks that if you can understand what he’s saying then what difference does the punctuation make.

I prefer to use proper grammar and punctuation because if I take the time to write it down and care enough to tell it in public, I don’t want to be misunderstood.

Besides, anytime you’re wrong about something everyone corrects you. The quote is not the point. If you get the point then who cares what the actual quote is.

The point is: how many people have “solved” the first clue the way that Yates has? AND Forrest said the clues get easier, the poem is straightforward etc. Does that sound like his solution? No wife.

razyfamily

(06-12-2019, 04:10 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote:

razyfamily

A witty saying proves nothing.— Voltaire

razyfamily

Has anyone noticed the poem in the book is not truly centered, although it looks like it is? It’s justified right, but not perfectly. Maybe no one is getting it right because they’re copying the poem down wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
06-13-2019, 08:25 AM,
(06-13-2019, 04:33 AM)Mindy Wrote: Has anyone noticed the poem in the book is not truly centered, although it looks like it is? It’s justified right, but not perfectly. Maybe no one is getting it right because they’re copying the poem down wrong.

I don’t agree with this. IMO, it is centered.

razyfamily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confidence Hammertime 6 3,092 08-21-2016, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Hammertime
  Move forward with confidence... inohury 2 2,585 08-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Last Post: pidmt
  Heard this quote on the office yesterday about confidence... LostFound 1 1,287 07-14-2016, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  There is ZERO confidence in our searches Larsonist 89 36,721 02-14-2016, 08:37 PM
Last Post: superfly
  My take on confidence Hammertime 6 3,816 02-13-2016, 10:09 PM
Last Post: BiggaB
  The Trouble With Confidence Iron Will 56 13,985 06-18-2015, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Shanghai Jack