Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you had a map with an X on it...
06-14-2019, 01:08 AM,
If you had a map with an X on it...
If you had a map with an X on it that Fenn drew himself, what final hurdles would you expect to find if any at the final site? If the poem leads to an X on a map what challenges would Fenn have left at the X, assuming all 9 clues had to be solved to find this X/ Fenn’s map?

I’ve heard searchers on here with UV lights/ flashlights/ metal detectors...I’d love to hear any expanded thoughts on the subject...
06-14-2019, 06:35 AM,
RE: If you had a map with an X on it...
I have a natural X in my solve location and "look quickly" is not what everyone interprets it to be. Finding the Blaze does not mean you have solved the poem. The Blaze resides in several acres, which is still a lot of area to search with a fine tooth comb. While many may not say it is a misdirection, the words Forrest used in the poem do not use the modern or traditional terminology. Having the correct terminology will help you solve the poem and final clues.
06-14-2019, 09:58 AM,
You are given an area and are told how to proceed. I have a hunch that when you do that, there will be a special rock marking the spot. It's almost surely in the ground, possibly buried.

I started thinking about metal detectors yesterday. Even if it's buried, I think you can find it without one. But it would be a bummer if I went there and didn't find the treasure and didn't at least sweep the most likely spots with a detector. So, knowing that there is 40lbs of metal and it's not likely he dug a hole much more than 1 foot deep, what's the absolute bare minimum type of metal detector that one would need? I was looking at an old thread where someone advised that you need a pricey device. But aren't those for finding small objects?
06-14-2019, 09:15 PM,
I don't believe the treasure is buried in the dirt (although it could be buried by weeds and grass by now) Fenn made a comment to a miss-quote of someone being within 12 feet and he replied he never said that but if someone was that close, it's unlikely they wouldn't find the chest.
06-15-2019, 04:51 AM,
@thrilledtochase
He went to Borders two times. He has given information about box... What box? If you cross one side of the box with a line of sight, what will result at 160 degrees? What will happen if you go to border the second trip (and still remain in the box)? And imo this answers (or twists, whichever you choose) your headline question.
just saying ss
06-15-2019, 08:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2019, 08:48 AM by thrilledtochase.)
(06-15-2019, 04:51 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @thrilledtochase
He went to Borders two times. He has given information about box... What box? If you cross one side of the box with a line of sight, what will result at 160 degrees? What will happen if you go to border the second trip (and still remain in the box)? And imo this answers (or twists, whichever you choose) your headline question.

Hmmmm...The X Fenn drew for a map is actually 8 lines forming 2 slim rectangles laid perpendicular to each other. Where they intersect actually forms a perfect square....I’d love to hear more from you EOH Steve...I didn’t think the square was important (wishful thinking?) as the square is a very small area and I’m not sure my navigation skills are good enough or my equipment is accurate enough to even know for sure I’m in the square at all lol...

This is why I love the forum...Steve sure did answer and twist the question IMO...Could you explain your box directions a little more clear? Let’s say we have a square with vertices A, B, C, D composed of lines ab bc cd da. Are you saying go to C and walk 160 degrees using line cd as 0 degrees? Sorry this got confusing real fast Smile
06-15-2019, 03:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2019, 03:59 PM by easternOHsteve.)
@thrilledtochase
It has to do at the "box" (160 degrees); I can not disclose where or what the box is. My War for Me describes the direction.

"Never underestimate the power of a quarter." SB 169 https://dalneitzel.com/2017/03/12/scrapb...ixty-nine/
just saying ss
Yesterday, 12:53 AM,
(06-15-2019, 03:40 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @thrilledtochase
It has to do at the "box" (160 degrees); I can not disclose where or what the box is. My War for Me describes the direction.

"Never underestimate the power of a quarter." SB 169 https://dalneitzel.com/2017/03/12/scrapb...ixty-nine/

I read My war for me. I didn’t notice any directions that would apply to my solve area in the story. Sad you’ve intrigued me though...
Yesterday, 03:48 AM, (This post was last modified: Yesterday, 03:54 AM by easternOHsteve.)
heading into the evening sun at 250 degrees... etc.

You need to locate the box first and that would be something that I might whisper to my partner but never on here, lol... then you apply the direction...
just saying ss
Yesterday, 03:55 AM, (This post was last modified: Yesterday, 03:56 AM by realistrealist.)
(Yesterday, 03:48 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: heading into the evening sun at 250 degrees... etc.

Do the degrees and other information match what was in the original published/shared (iirc) "My War for Me" story prior to TTOTC being published?

What purpose would he have to release My War for Me prior to TTOTC with (likely) false information meant for TC?