Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
147 Guests?
06-26-2019, 07:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2019, 08:02 AM by Wesley_Coldwell.)
RE: 147 Guests?
In defense of anyone who hasn't bought TTOTC, F basically SAID the only thing in the book vital to solving the clues is the poem. I believe many people listen to what F SAYS rather than what he ARTiculated in the book. There may be some glittering Easter Eggs inside, but they come at a cost.

Personally, I never bought the book because the poem is available online. Will probably pick it up after next BOTG.

Re: forum membership: I've been reading the forums for years, but just recently joined. I doubt that is uncommon. In any game, you don't want to show your hand before the round is over. Implications for this are obvious. IMO, the X variable is real.

Wes
06-26-2019, 08:12 AM,
(06-26-2019, 07:58 AM)Wesley_Coldwell Wrote: In defense of anyone who hasn't bought TTOTC, F basically SAID the only thing in the book vital to solving the clues is the poem. I believe many people listen to what F SAYS rather than what he ARTiculated in the book. There may be some glittering Easter Eggs inside, but they come at a cost.

Personally, I never bought the book because the poem is available online. Will probably pick it up after next BOTG.

Re: forum membership: I've been reading the forums for years, but just recently joined. I doubt that is uncommon. In any game, you don't want to show your hand before the round is over. Implications for this are obvious. IMO, the X variable is real.

Wes

You sound like a thoughtful competitor. Welcome aboard!

Even though Forrest suggests that the book is 85% true if it is a work of non-fiction, I suggest you take that with a large grain of saltpeter. To me, it is mostly a work of fiction, where the stories are designed to provide strong hints to the reader. I find many, many, hints in the book, but that may just be me.
06-26-2019, 08:38 AM,
Thanks! Happy to be here.

I believe there are hints that exist to guide readers towards the correct solution. I also believe that when these hints are paired with the right external stimulus, could lead one down the wrong garden path. A slippery slope, which makes me uncomfortable. I prefer to measure twice, cut once. Others would probably agree.

I'm sure more than a few are still trying to find their way home.

Wes
06-26-2019, 09:32 AM,
(06-26-2019, 08:38 AM)Wesley_Coldwell Wrote: Thanks! Happy to be here.

I believe there are hints that exist to guide readers towards the correct solution. I also believe that when these hints are paired with the right external stimulus, could lead one down the wrong garden path. A slippery slope, which makes me uncomfortable. I prefer to measure twice, cut once. Others would probably agree.

I'm sure more than a few are still trying to find their way home.

Wes

A slippery slope, indeed. And yet, a path I had to travel before I could unravel the clews within the poem. Maybe you can cut the proverbial Gordian Knot and jump ahead.
Smile
06-26-2019, 11:43 AM,
@Beavertooth
"I suggest you take that with a large grain of saltpeter."

SSSSSSHHHH! LOL, it is in my trip. I need a cold beer!
just saying ss
06-26-2019, 12:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2019, 12:06 PM by Daniel A.)
(06-26-2019, 11:43 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @Beavertooth
"I suggest you take that with a large grain of saltpeter."

SSSSSSHHHH! LOL, it is in my trip. I need a cold beer!

I love beer...it is one of my favorite beverages. There are many brands out there to choose from now days. Not like back in the 70s...our selection back then was limited to larger companies.
06-27-2019, 03:58 AM,
@Daniel A
I like dark German Lagar (Octoberfest).

But I was referring to Scrapbook that also relates to Beavertooth's post.
just saying ss
07-03-2019, 04:43 PM,
(06-27-2019, 03:58 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @Daniel A

Beer. Gotta drink the rum. Yes rum. Arghhh. Anyways looks like we lost 100 guests. Where did they go? Down to 47. Krapos new video has 1.8k views. But shes deceptive. So maybe like 500 views.
07-03-2019, 05:06 PM,
(07-03-2019, 04:43 PM)CapnCook Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 03:58 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @Daniel A

Beer. Gotta drink the rum. Yes rum. Arghhh. Anyways looks like we lost 100 guests. Where did they go? Down to 47. Krapos new video has 1.8k views. But shes deceptive. So maybe like 500 views.

I have not seen the video....I pretty much stick to this forum, for now.
07-03-2019, 05:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2019, 05:14 PM by CapnCook.)
I didn't watch it either. Just checked the views. I am hesitant to believe there are sercet searchers out there. That's good, chasechat seems to be the place to be. Other forums,except Dals and reddit, are spawns from this one. Thank you Stephanie!.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shoutout to the guests mrmagicarovrumrebel 4 1,048 11-19-2018, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Guests Buddy Allen 4 2,426 08-13-2015, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen