Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important Literature Books & The Search States Found w/in Them
07-07-2019, 03:41 PM,
Important Literature Books & The Search States Found w/in Them:

1. For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
  • Montana
2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • Montana made him a millionaire
  • New Mexico
3. The Outlaw Trail: A Journey Through Time by Robert Redford
  • Montana
  • Wyoming
  • Colorado
  • New Mexico
4. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
  • Montana - (by way of the Yellowstone National Park reference)
  • Wyoming - (by way of the Yellowstone National Park reference)
5. Kismet: An "Arabian Night" in Three Acts by Edward Knoblock
  • None - This is actually a play written into a book, though, so might not count as a "book".

Conclusion:

Other than the Kismet, which could technically be considered a play instead of a book, the only search state that is mentioned in all four books referenced in the Important Literature chapter of TTOTC is the state of Montana.

"It seems logical to me that a deep thinking treasure searcher could use logic to determine an important clue to the location of the treasure... f"
If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 GNIS potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615
07-07-2019, 05:55 PM,
RE: Important Literature Books & The Search States Found w/in Them
(07-07-2019, 03:41 PM)minotaur_moreno Wrote: Important Literature Books & The Search States Found w/in Them:

• Montana
  • New Mexico
  • Montana
  • Wyoming
  • Colorado
  • New Mexico
  • None - This is actually a play written into a book, though, so might not count as a "book".

Conclusion:

Other than the Kismet, which could technically be considered a play instead of a book, the only search state that is mentioned in all four books referenced in the Important Literature chapter of TTOTC is the state of Montana.

"It seems logical to me that a deep thinking treasure searcher could use logic to determine an important clue to the location of the treasure... f"

If Forrest got the plot wrong for the Hemingway book, could the state be wrong? Maybe another Hemingway book needs to be assessed.
07-07-2019, 08:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 08:02 PM by Mindy.)
(07-07-2019, 03:41 PM)minotaur_moreno Wrote: Important Literature Books & The Search States Found w/in Them:

• Montana
  • New Mexico
  • Montana
  • Wyoming
  • Colorado
  • New Mexico

Conclusion:

Kismet is a mountain just inside of the peace sign on the tftw map.

That mountain is in WY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
07-08-2019, 12:52 AM,
Other states are mentioned in the books. Minnesota is where the rich guy from Gatsby comes from. There's something about that state that keeps bringing my attention back.
07-08-2019, 09:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2019, 09:56 AM by realistrealist.)
(07-08-2019, 12:52 AM)Chmaanta Wrote: Other states are mentioned in the books. Minnesota is where the rich guy from Gatsby comes from. There's something about that state that keeps bringing my attention back.

"One day, he saw a yacht owned by Dan Cody, a wealthy copper mogul, and rowed out to warn him about an impending storm. The grateful Cody took young Gatz, who gave his name as Jay Gatsby, on board his yacht as his personal assistant." - character is an allusion to Buffalo Bill Cody - http://englishwithpoderzay.weebly.com/fi...xth-period

The Hemingway mishap tells you the stories aren't important, but where Hemingway wrote them maybe - L Bar T Ranch in Wyoming North of Cody in addition to the title of A Farewell to Arms (referring to Chief Joseph Highway which takes you just about from Cody to L Bar T Ranch) https://www.wyohistory.org/encyclopedia/...ay-wyoming

These elements play into a NE YNP solve IMO.

I think the non-book related hints are just as important in this chapter.
07-09-2019, 05:31 PM,
(07-07-2019, 05:55 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:

• Montana
  • New Mexico
  • Montana
  • Wyoming
  • Colorado
  • New Mexico

Conclusion:

If Forrest got the plot wrong for the Hemingway book, could the state be wrong? Maybe another Hemingway book needs to be assessed.

Yes. A Farewell to Arms. I've never seen people mention it but surely they notice. There's also a near mention of another Hemmingway character nearby. 'I didn't think his book was even SORT OF good.' = Sordo (For Whom the Bell Tolls, mentioned a couple pages prior).

There's also talk of 'stores' and the 'whole store'. If Fenn is into phonetics there may be a lot here. I think the chapters are backwards (end is the beginning) and this chapter is the end of the chase.
07-09-2019, 07:18 PM,
(07-09-2019, 05:31 PM)flytomoon Wrote: Yes. A Farewell to Arms. I've never seen people mention it but surely they notice. There's also a near mention of another Hemmingway character nearby. 'I didn't think his book was even SORT OF good.' = Sordo (For Whom the Bell Tolls, mentioned a couple pages prior).

There's also talk of 'stores' and the 'whole store'. If Fenn is into phonetics there may be a lot here. I think the chapters are backwards (end is the beginning) and this chapter is the end of the chase.

Interesting concept about backwards. It would fit with riding a bicycle backwards. Do you think following his life story backwards leads to more emphasis on his youth, or more hints from his earlier life?
07-09-2019, 08:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-09-2019, 08:45 PM by John Brown.)
(07-09-2019, 05:31 PM)flytomoon Wrote: Yes. A Farewell to Arms. I've never seen people mention it but surely they notice.

The mix-up of A Farewell to Arms and For Whom the Bell Tolls has been mentioned/discussed hundreds of times. That "error" was one of the first things I learned when I started reading what other people said about TTOTC.
A lot of chasechat has gotten goofed up but I'm sure if you use the CC search tool you'll find plenty of discussion on that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Omegas in books mrmagicarovrumrebel 3 539 12-31-2018, 09:14 AM
Last Post: pidmt
  The books Riddlemethat 1 507 07-20-2018, 06:32 PM
Last Post: antigroove
  The TFTW Map and anyone bent on searching other states... Mindy 0 691 02-22-2018, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Will the chest be found in the 2018 search season? The Count 4 3,066 11-04-2017, 12:02 AM
Last Post: The Count
  Of the 4 States OjoDude 23 6,838 09-15-2017, 11:38 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Will the chest be found 2017 search season? The Count 22 11,820 09-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Last Post: ROLL TIDE