Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excellent Research Materials
04-27-2014, 12:28 PM,
I hope everyone has a great trip. Don't forget to take TTOTC book and a good map with you..........Adios amigos! 8-)
04-27-2014, 01:17 PM,
It would be wise to keep in mind that Forrest is a marketing genius. Sounds to me like he's trying to redirect the ones who are way off track something a little more precise to concentrate on.
04-27-2014, 01:19 PM,
Smile thanks Plato, you too!
Shhh they aren't listening.
04-27-2014, 02:02 PM,
This was hanging up in a restaurant here in Tampa Florida and I just wanted to share with you guys of some of the famous people that came out of Forrest home town.

[Image: ddyc1-image.jpg]
04-27-2014, 04:26 PM,
Really? I took it as base your searches off researching his book, along with google earth so you dont spend too much money on travel. Remember the unemployed redneck with a bunch of kids? He mentions maps because he wants you to look at maps. Its really very straight forward to me.

There is a map in TTOTC, heavy hint...lol
04-27-2014, 08:34 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Seeker on April 27, 2014, 9:09 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Retired Postmaster on April 27, 2014, 8:02 am</b>

@seeker - your theory has crossed paths with my solution more than once. Your method is basic and pure, not having to be scrapped from Forrest's comments in this most recent Scrapbook.

@samsmith - I also wonder if someone has given him a close or correct solution and this is a wake up call to others.

I wonder how many others (like me) sent him an e-mail with their full solutions between the two Scrapbooks (61 & 62)??

@Jason - Perhaps Mr. Fenn had to place at least one subtle clue in this Chapter 62...perhaps not.

Good luck to all and continue to enjoy the thrills.

</div>

RP,

We may cross paths ourselves some day... drink are on me [ you bring the NY bagel?, I miss them]... But it's not so much what Fenn is saying for me as, WHY? why now, two comment, unsolicited, almost back to back and both relating to how to understand how to look at the poem. What has spark a fire to send smoke signals?</div>
</div>

Seeker & RP...can I join in on the bagel thing...toasted sesame bagel with nova lox and cream cheese please...MMMMMM good!...add in onion, tomato, and lettuce and we got a seaside bagel burger!...Love'em... Smile
04-27-2014, 08:42 PM,

<b>Quote from Retired Postmaster on April 27, 2014, 9:30 am</b>

@seeker - Regarding WHY, I believe, like others have said, Forrest both wants the search to end soon and he feels that someone is really close or has figured it out. I believe he is pushing searchers to work differently and/or harder.

When I read Scrapbook 61, I was stirred to both change the date of our trip out West (by a few months) and to write to Forrest with my solution. Perhaps others have changed their search dates and told Forrest like I did.

</div>

Looks like we had similar ideas RP...after scrapbook 61 I too sent him an email, my first to Mr. Fenn since I joined the chase...Told him what I had for clues 1 & 2 and some other guesses...Maybe one of us struck a nerve...makes me more positive than ever in what I have...none of the methods he mentioned in scrapbook 62 have anything to do with my ideas about the poem...For me it's all in the words and in plain English... Smile

Thing is, there is only one day between the two posts to Dal's blog...something changed quickly I think... Smile
04-27-2014, 08:57 PM,
Everyone thinks its about them, again. I am no different in that respect. Boggles my mind how he does this? He is so good at human nature its scary!

04-27-2014, 09:13 PM,
Right on Deb...we all are arrogant when it comes to our solutions...it's Mr. Fenn's game and he certainly knows how to play... Smile

How else could he have sold Elmer De Hory fakes for thousands and made the buyers feel good about paying?... Smile
04-27-2014, 10:17 PM,
@Jason...not being a smarta$$ or arrogant so don't take this the wrong way...You are, I know, intelligent and very good at what you do with the researching, but you are missing what's right in front of you IMO...believe me, the poem tells you where warm waters halt...it will stand the test of time as long as the poem does, it's in there...it is hidden in plain sight, Mr. Fenn is really good at this... Smile

I've said before and will again...1) Begin it where warm waters halt...is not the first clue, Mr. Fenn said start at the "beginning" not with the word "begin"...2) Begin it where warm waters halt...has absolutely nothing to do with H2O in any form, its meaning is totally different than what most believe...3) When you know what the "I" in the first stanza and the "it" in the second really are you will see they are the same thing and why...4) The location is named in the words of the poem... 5) Mr. Fenn said all you need is the poem and he is correct, Google Earth won't go down far enough to see the box, but you can see the hiding place... Smile

As far as a map is concerned...the only reason I see to have one is to aid with the road signs...once you have the location, getting there shouldn't be a problem... Smile

Now, all of you can jump me if you want...I have a stout back and a thick skin so the digs and cuts will leave no scars...but I tell you for true, I have no reason to put forth false and/or erroneous info...Sure I want to find the box, but if someone gets there ahead of me, that's my problem and I will deal with it when the time comes...I have something in plain English words that cannot be by accident or coincidence, it can only be by design...they are the product of simple logical reasoning, and they make sense...so heed Mr. Fenn's last advice and study the words in the poem...it is in there... Smile

I will make a trip out west this summer...and like Old Timer said, one trip for recovery, and only one trip...The best of luck to all and I really mean that...you gotta' work for it though... Smile