Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayed for D's (a longshot guess, maybe?)
07-26-2019, 12:49 AM,
Prayed for D's (a longshot guess, maybe?)
A lot of thought has been given to the idea that FF prayed for D's.

Although this is not likely to be of much help or significance in solving
the poem, here are some thoughts about the subject.

Maybe the key name is not the last one (Ford). That one has folks
thinking about Miss Ford, Forrest's Spanish teacher. If one really wants
to stretch a thought, one could think of her approximate age (40) when
Forrest was in her class. And some deeepthinkers may remember that
some people believe that time is "the 4th dimension". There was even
a movie made about 1960 called The 4D Man, in which a guy manipulated
time in a rather strange way. *Well*, time may play a bit of a role in
figuring out a good solve, but I don't think that role is crucial. More like
just a hinty thing.

Back to "Ford". It wasn't a very famous name until Henry Ford, the
industrialist, made some big changes to the automobile industry. His
first name may be capable of serving as a small bit of a hint in this treasure hunt. That's all for now.
07-26-2019, 09:12 PM,
RE: Prayed for D's (a longshot guess, maybe?)
(07-26-2019, 12:49 AM)wildfuntear Wrote: A lot of thought has been given to the idea that FF prayed for D's.

just a hinty thing.

first name may be capable of serving as a small bit of a hint in this treasure hunt. That's all for now.

There was no need to put quotation marks around "the 4th dimension." It is true that a great many people believe in four-dimensional spacetime.
07-26-2019, 11:58 PM,
(07-26-2019, 09:12 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 12:49 AM)wildfuntear Wrote: A lot of thought has been given to the idea that FF prayed for D's.

just a hinty thing.

There was no need to put quotation marks around "the 4th dimension." It is true that a great many people believe in four-dimensional spacetime.

Thank you for the edumacation. May peace be within your breast.
07-27-2019, 01:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2019, 01:58 AM by Chmaanta.)
I have a more complicated theory.

1. Fenn is praying thanks to Thor. If you're going to pray to Thor, you've got to use his language.

2. Fenn provides a list of things he's thankful to have learned.

3. Some of those words are Germanic/Norse and some of them are Latin based. Thor will only understand the former things that Forrest is praying about.

4. Also note that all the degrees were worthless. All degree names are French/Latin based. This would seem to be more evidence that Latin words are worth "0" for now.

5. Convert the words Thor understands to a "1" and those he doesn't to "0"

6. Fenn next says that he was praying a request to Thor for D's.

7. Forrest is requesting an output after giving an input.

Switching gears:
1. This chapter is filled with electronic terms. Capacitors, inductors, resistors. These are all linear components. Also, the title of the chapter is "Jump-starting the learning curve". Jump-starting is electricity related. "Learning Curve" can be acronymed to "LC", which are the abbreviations for Inductors and Capacitors. So, basically, jump-start the "LC" circuit. An "LC" circuit is used for all sorts of fun things.

2. One of the things it can run is a linear shift register. These things are used to convert strings of binary into other binary. It's used for cryptography among other things. If you read the chapter carefully, you'll find all sorts of hints for shifting and registering. His dad is a prime example.

3. A linear shift register converts 9-bits to 8-bits because it works on pairs of digits.

4. You can back-solve the order of operations if you know what the input is and its corresponding output. Once you have the order, you can use it for new strings of input binaries.

Shifting Gears:
1. You'll notice that your list of nine words gives you nine bits. That's the input.

2. We need an output that's 8 bits. Forrest tells us that he's praying [to Thor] for D's. A given letter in ASCII is 8-bits. This gives us our output.

3. So now we try to back solve so we can figure out how to convert our input to our output. It turns out that, if you do it right, there is a unique solution.

4. Anytime you find a list of things that can be converted to 0's and 1's, you can use this shift register.

Final Thoughts:
There's no doubt this is "out there". But it's Friday night and I think it's fun to share. Please do not spam me with Forrest quotes saying how stupid and complex it is. I don't care.
08-02-2019, 01:01 AM,
Maybe it's just a bit of water he is heading for squawking mayday but he doesn't quite reach as he bails out of his jet.
just saying ss
08-04-2019, 07:47 PM,
(07-27-2019, 01:53 AM)Chmaanta Wrote: I have a more complicated theory.

1. Fenn is praying thanks to Thor. If you're going to pray to Thor, you've got to use his language.

2. Fenn provides a list of things he's thankful to have learned.

3. Some of those words are Germanic/Norse and some of them are Latin based. Thor will only understand the former things that Forrest is praying about.

4. Also note that all the degrees were worthless. All degree names are French/Latin based. This would seem to be more evidence that Latin words are worth "0" for now.

5. Convert the words Thor understands to a "1" and those he doesn't to "0"

6. Fenn next says that he was praying a request to Thor for D's.

7. Forrest is requesting an output after giving an input.

Switching gears:
1. This chapter is filled with electronic terms. Capacitors, inductors, resistors. These are all linear components. Also, the title of the chapter is "Jump-starting the learning curve". Jump-starting is electricity related. "Learning Curve" can be acronymed to "LC", which are the abbreviations for Inductors and Capacitors. So, basically, jump-start the "LC" circuit. An "LC" circuit is used for all sorts of fun things.

2. One of the things it can run is a linear shift register. These things are used to convert strings of binary into other binary. It's used for cryptography among other things. If you read the chapter carefully, you'll find all sorts of hints for shifting and registering. His dad is a prime example.

3. A linear shift register converts 9-bits to 8-bits because it works on pairs of digits.

4. You can back-solve the order of operations if you know what the input is and its corresponding output. Once you have the order, you can use it for new strings of input binaries.

Shifting Gears:
1. You'll notice that your list of nine words gives you nine bits. That's the input.

2. We need an output that's 8 bits. Forrest tells us that he's praying [to Thor] for D's. A given letter in ASCII is 8-bits. This gives us our output.

3. So now we try to back solve so we can figure out how to convert our input to our output. It turns out that, if you do it right, there is a unique solution.

4. Anytime you find a list of things that can be converted to 0's and 1's, you can use this shift register.

Final Thoughts:
There's no doubt this is "out there". But it's Friday night and I think it's fun to share. Please do not spam me with Forrest quotes saying how stupid and complex it is. I don't care.

Share rhymes with care. (Maybe) "You're a poet and you don't know
it . . . but your feet show it: they're long fellows."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I guess the chase is done. crazyfamily 68 10,627 09-01-2019, 01:37 PM
Last Post: trigace
  Guess who finally Emailed me today....none other than...Fenn Gordon Lightfoot 7 2,673 03-04-2018, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Guess the next weekly words RIGHT HERE!! The Count 179 80,583 01-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: HIPS
  What's your Chest Altitude Guess? glock20 28 17,288 04-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Guess the next clue, win a silver dime! tomwhat 10 6,795 10-29-2015, 11:37 PM
Last Post: marie.akridge