Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Entering the "Ruin the chase" phase
08-07-2019, 01:11 PM,
RE: Entering the "Ruin the chase" phase
(08-07-2019, 01:03 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 12:57 PM)thrilledtochase Wrote: Here TopSecret you asshat...I’ll really dumb it down so you can go figure it out...why are they all red instead of blue? Did he mean to put them the other direction? Did he mean for them to be the wrong color?
case in point.
Thanks for making it easy for me.

Yea...still too advanced for you? Here’s the answer then...magnetic deviation lines running NE shouldn’t be red, they should be blue...this is a universally accepted standard...
08-07-2019, 01:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 01:18 PM by Top Secret.)
(08-07-2019, 01:11 PM)thrilledtochase Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 12:57 PM)thrilledtochase Wrote: Here TopSecret you asshat...I’ll really dumb it down so you can go figure it out...why are they all red instead of blue? Did he mean to put them the other direction? Did he mean for them to be the wrong color?
case in point.

Yea...still too advanced for you? Here’s the answer then...magnetic deviation lines running NE shouldn’t be red, they should be blue...this is a universally accepted standard...
Ok this is the part where they reveal their solution, and we all shake our heads.
[Image: Worldwide_declnation.png]
Thanks for making it easy for me, keep them coming.
08-07-2019, 01:19 PM,
(08-07-2019, 01:14 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
case in point.

Ok this is the part where they reveal their solution, and we all shake our heads. Thanks for making it easy for me, keep them coming.

I won’t be telling you anything difficult. That was simple. You didn’t know that did you? Probably never would have figured that out.
08-07-2019, 01:57 PM,
(08-07-2019, 01:19 PM)thrilledtochase Wrote:
case in point.

Ok this is the part where they reveal their solution, and we all shake our heads. Thanks for making it easy for me, keep them coming.

I won’t be telling you anything difficult. That was simple. You didn’t know that did you? Probably never would have figured that out.
Collectively the group shakes their head. The part I should have added to the pattern is the "you don't understand" when their supposed bean spill is cryptic as hell.

Noobies this is what I was talking about.
08-07-2019, 02:23 PM,
Entering the "Ruin the chase" phase
so that one guy uses synonyms for alcoholic and gets banned for personal attacks? could we get a clearer definition of the word personal and also of the word attack?

it was Beavertooth that made that call?
why didn't you edit the person's post?

Butterflies symbolize transformation. However, the color of the butterfly provides further information. A black butterfly signifies bad news or illness, yellow signifies hope and guidance, brown signifies important news, red signifies an important event, and white signifies good luck.

candle's lit fire's burning petals in the air
08-07-2019, 03:02 PM,
(08-07-2019, 02:23 PM)heyoka Wrote: so that one guy uses synonyms for alcoholic and gets banned for personal attacks? could we get a clearer definition of the word personal and also of the word attack?

it was Beavertooth that made that call?
why didn't you edit the person's post?

Butterflies symbolize transformation. However, the color of the butterfly provides further information. A black butterfly signifies bad news or illness, yellow signifies hope and guidance, brown signifies important news, red signifies an important event, and white signifies good luck.

candle's lit fire's burning petals in the air
If lingerlonger is banned then why are you still here under a different alias?
08-07-2019, 07:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 07:43 PM by thrilledtochase.)
case in point.

Ok this is the part where they reveal their solution, and we all shake our heads.

You forget he ruled that map out...which leaves us with course plotting...so why are they red?

(08-07-2019, 07:12 PM)thrilledtochase Wrote:
case in point.

You forget he ruled that map out...which leaves us with course plotting...so why are they red?

I have a feeling you won’t get this. If it’s not your map you posted, which type of map is it? VFR sectional of the area? Typically boundaries would be red and not singular long continuing lines like the ones on the map. Would be using a pen or a pencil for plotting course lines. So a more likely candidate is military. Why are they red? Culture...
08-07-2019, 07:49 PM,
Hostile territory?
08-07-2019, 08:25 PM,
(08-07-2019, 10:34 AM)Top Secret Wrote: Ok noobies, here is how the chase cycle works. It starts off in the winter season with everyone at each other's throats because they failed to find the chest.

Next they get a solve or tweak their old solve and get cocky and overly exuberantly chest thumping because they falsely believe they are the lead searcher. This lasts until about the beginning of July, when they come back home empty handed and make the walk of shame.

The next month it gets real quiet as they avoid the embarrassment of failing again.

Finally, out of frustration that Fenn kicked their a$$ once again, they decide to get even by "ruining the chase" for everyone by threatening to reveal their solve.

Some nervous nellies will beg them to keep quiet and they feel good again. Some reveal their solve, and everyone shakes their head at the stupidity of the solve while trying to re-motivate them with cliche phrases like, "Edison failed a 2000 times before inventing the light bulb" or "keep trying" and "at least you had a nice vacation."

Then the cycle repeats.

Hilarious. That is true for the first two years, I think.

In year three, the searcher decides to shut up and stop trying to take the honors before the deed. The coy bragging posts disappear, but the condescension remains.

In year four, it gets harder to find friends to go along with you, so you have to play it cool. Something like "we won't find it, but it's a good excuse to get out in the mountains and hike around." The condescension disappears.

In year five, it's all about the story and how much fun it all was if you string it together. We're almost finished and miles ahead of the rest of the world. No rush but let's make a trip or two to test some things.

Year six is a bunch of bad luck that prevents the searcher from getting to that elusive final spot.

That's all I got so far...
08-08-2019, 01:18 AM,
(08-07-2019, 08:25 PM)muset Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 10:34 AM)Top Secret Wrote: Ok noobies, here is how the chase cycle works. It starts off in the winter season with everyone at each other's throats because they failed to find the chest.

Next they get a solve or tweak their old solve and get cocky and overly exuberantly chest thumping because they falsely believe they are the lead searcher. This lasts until about the beginning of July, when they come back home empty handed and make the walk of shame.

The next month it gets real quiet as they avoid the embarrassment of failing again.

Finally, out of frustration that Fenn kicked their a$$ once again, they decide to get even by "ruining the chase" for everyone by threatening to reveal their solve.

Some nervous nellies will beg them to keep quiet and they feel good again. Some reveal their solve, and everyone shakes their head at the stupidity of the solve while trying to re-motivate them with cliche phrases like, "Edison failed a 2000 times before inventing the light bulb" or "keep trying" and "at least you had a nice vacation."

Then the cycle repeats.

Hilarious. That is true for the first two years, I think.

In year three, the searcher decides to shut up and stop trying to take the honors before the deed. The coy bragging posts disappear, but the condescension remains.

In year four, it gets harder to find friends to go along with you, so you have to play it cool. Something like "we won't find it, but it's a good excuse to get out in the mountains and hike around." The condescension disappears.

In year five, it's all about the story and how much fun it all was if you string it together. We're almost finished and miles ahead of the rest of the world. No rush but let's make a trip or two to test some things.

Year six is a bunch of bad luck that prevents the searcher from getting to that elusive final spot.

That's all I got so far...

You made my day with this post muset!

It made me feel like I'm gaining some ground as I am just over 1.5 years into the Chase and already at your Year 4 mindset-wise. It looks like I need to start working on my Bad Luck excuses for next year. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who's Who.KPRO??.Operation:Color Red..Phase 1/9 Gold Dog 80 6,993 06-21-2019, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Crazy pushy people ruin it zombiecupkake 5 618 02-04-2019, 09:31 PM
Last Post: inohury
  4am entering Madison County EnigmaticThree 9 3,853 04-21-2017, 06:48 PM
Last Post: The Count