Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tailwaters
08-15-2019, 03:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-15-2019, 04:00 PM by Chris Yates.)
RE: tailwaters
this chart is what i call flipping every other line

looking at it today i was like, dam, i can't believe this is in the poem

https://i.postimg.cc/jSnGD3dj/solar.jpg

someone might say, Chris what are you smoking?

well i just do it for fun. and surre, this obviously doesn't have any connection to a hint or clue

when i was looking at the gypsy drawing though

it felt like someone was daring me to take that 16 out of the grass
08-17-2019, 12:01 AM,
I've been wondering why he prayed for (4) D's. Four D's are at the end of the last 4 lines of the poem.
08-17-2019, 04:32 PM,
And other hint I'm seeing in the poem is the words that are on the left edge of the 5th and 6th stanzas. SIT and SAT. Possibly relating to Father on the Banco. Has Astree already made note of that? Maybe the edges and borders he alludes to are regarding the outermost part of the poem.
08-18-2019, 12:06 AM,
(08-09-2019, 09:48 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: remember when f had the poem without the "s" in "answers" on his website?

and i think he put that version on the tftw map

so i think i mentioned this before but it seems possibly too significant to not consider again

when you remove that s, it causes in the poem acrostic for "title" and "tailwaters" to appear and it's in the shape of a pointing arrow with "title" as the head of the arrow

over the years, i've come up with a lot of clues like this in the poem that i don't share, or not all of them anyway, and i always think about him mentioning finding the arrowhead. its likely an intended clue hiding technique (just imo)

anyway, what about "title" and "tailwaters"? is this really just a coincidence?

https://i.postimg.cc/65FSW6MK/tailwaters-title.jpg

edit: on a sidenote, you can remove the "s" or you can leave the line unchanged and move it one square left, with the same result

Every line has an anagram. In this case, the correct anagram can be singular or plural while providing the same hint. IMO.
08-19-2019, 10:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2019, 10:45 PM by Chris Yates.)
if the poem was hinting at alo(n)e vera

maybe this is why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N_MoXc_99E

A while ago somewhere I don't know when

I was watching a movie with a friend

I fell in love with the actress

She was playing a part that I could understand
08-19-2019, 11:49 PM,
(08-15-2019, 08:33 PM)Newbie Wrote: TAILWATERS

another word for tail is "cauda" which is derived from cue or quoe
https://www.etymonline.com/word/cue?ref=...line_v_436

Cauda is the southernmost greek island and is mentioned in the biblical account of Paul's voyeag
08-20-2019, 03:23 PM,
602 + 166 = 768

x + y = 768 where x and y are significant numbers

research the place where it was hidden
08-20-2019, 11:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2019, 11:28 PM by Chris Yates.)
(08-20-2019, 07:33 PM)Newbie Wrote: I don’t know what you mean about 768 but if the poem is a map you should follow its directions to the T

5 years ago I couldn't spell Arthur. Now, I am one.

if the poem is a map and we can follow it to a tee as you mentioned, it would be hard to perfect a clue puzzle that involved, without making some mistakes along the way. but if that were the case, after 15 years f had Fixed It, Probably, by then.

by the way, has anyone figured out if the person who made this puzzle created any way for a logical person to know they are in the right area, despite the poem seeming to fit many many areas north of santa fe?
09-03-2019, 10:13 PM,
a thrilling chase

a wondrous place

for you and me
09-03-2019, 10:55 PM,
(08-20-2019, 11:14 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: by the way, has anyone figured out if the person who made this puzzle created any way for a logical person to know they are in the right area, despite the poem seeming to fit many many areas north of santa fe?

In my current solve, the poem is very specific about the one and only place where you can find WWWH. I can't be more specific than that, without giving up a key to my solve.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not On Tailwaters Stealth 8 3,746 04-26-2017, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Rich