Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tailwaters
09-03-2019, 10:13 PM,
RE: tailwaters
a thrilling chase

a wondrous place

for you and me
09-03-2019, 10:55 PM,
(08-20-2019, 11:14 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: by the way, has anyone figured out if the person who made this puzzle created any way for a logical person to know they are in the right area, despite the poem seeming to fit many many areas north of santa fe?

In my current solve, the poem is very specific about the one and only place where you can find WWWH. I can't be more specific than that, without giving up a key to my solve.
09-04-2019, 05:55 PM,
(09-03-2019, 10:55 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 11:14 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: by the way, has anyone figured out if the person who made this puzzle created any way for a logical person to know they are in the right area, despite the poem seeming to fit many many areas north of santa fe?

In my current solve, the poem is very specific about the one and only place where you can find WWWH. I can't be more specific than that, without giving up a key to my solve.

In my solve, there are a lot of places WWWH. Any of them works
equally well, as the poem eventually "focuses" the path toward a very
small destination area.
09-05-2019, 07:01 PM,
(08-09-2019, 09:48 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: remember when f had the poem without the "s" in "answers" on his website?

and i think he put that version on the tftw map

so i think i mentioned this before but it seems possibly too significant to not consider again

when you remove that s, it causes in the poem acrostic for "title" and "tailwaters" to appear and it's in the shape of a pointing arrow with "title" as the head of the arrow

over the years, i've come up with a lot of clues like this in the poem that i don't share, or not all of them anyway, and i always think about him mentioning finding the arrowhead. its likely an intended clue hiding technique (just imo)

anyway, what about "title" and "tailwaters"? is this really just a coincidence?

https://i.postimg.cc/65FSW6MK/tailwaters-title.jpg

edit: on a sidenote, you can remove the "s" or you can leave the line unchanged and move it one square left, with the same result

I don't think that doing any acrostic(s) will help solve the poem.
09-05-2019, 11:09 PM,
(09-05-2019, 07:01 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: I don't think that doing any acrostic(s) will help solve the poem.

between you and legacy helper there are no numbers, and no acrostics

add to that the long list which f said won't help us

but somehow a correct solve of the poem leads to within several steps of a 10x10 chest

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not On Tailwaters Stealth 8 3,674 04-26-2017, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Rich