Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Poll: How much longer are you gonna tell yourself that you don’t need help with the clues?
This poll is closed.
Up to 1 year
33.33%
2 33.33%
Up to 3 years
0%
0 0%
Up to 5 years
0%
0 0%
Up to the 10 years
0%
0 0%
20 years or more
66.67%
4 66.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you need help with the clues?
08-11-2019, 10:20 AM,
Do you need help with the clues?
If you do, then the next step is to look for help from the hints. That’s because f has said the hints will help with the clues. Hence, nearly a decade into this the hints are vital.

Howdy, Mister.
08-11-2019, 01:52 PM,
RE: Do you need help with the clues?
For me the hints only helped after I had solved what I thought was one of the clues. There would be a hint related to the clue that I had found at a specific location that confirmed to me the clue was correct. I didn't figure out what any hint meant until after I had solved the related nearby clue first.

The clues lead you to the TC. The hints confirm that you are on the right track.

I luckily found my HOB before figuring out WWWH.

There are confirmation hints in the poem itself that lets you know you're on the right track.

Most of the hints in Forrest's statements and stories relate to the final search area, which is only about a square mile.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
08-13-2019, 09:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2019, 03:51 PM by fundamental design.)
(08-11-2019, 05:43 PM)wildfuntear Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 10:20 AM)fundamental design Wrote: If you do, then the next step is to look for help from the hints. That’s because f has said the hints will help with the clues. Hence, nearly a decade into this the hints are vital.

Helpful? maybe.

Vital? I seriously doubt it. But that was clever, sliding/inserting "vital"
into your message.

I appreciate your thoughts. I do think “vital” is apt. Many reasons for that. For one, there most likely is a hint in the poem that will help with the clues. I base that on the first stanza having the word “hint” in it. Since the first stanza is part of the poem, that makes figuring out that hint as being vital. Especially, when f said this...

Dear Forrest,

You tell us that we should find “where warm waters halt” before trying to solve any of the other clues. Imagining that we haven’t seen the rest of the poem, and all we have to go on is:

a. “begin it where warm waters halt” and
b. “somewhere in the mountains north of Santa Fe”

Do you think that we can confidently determine the starting place for your treasure trail? ~ Steve

No, if all you have to go on are those two clues you cannot proceed with confidence. Look at it this way. If you were making a cake and you left out a few ingredients, would you achieve your goal? (f quote ends here)

I mean, we got searchers out here saying the missing ingredient in the nope, nope question is a map(s). Then, two minutes later is acknowledging that all the information you need to find the treasure is in the poem. What gives?

Howdy, Mister.
08-13-2019, 03:44 PM,
(08-13-2019, 09:59 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 10:20 AM)fundamental design Wrote: If you do, then the next step is to look for help from the hints. That’s because f has said the hints will help with the clues. Hence, nearly a decade into this the hints are vital.

Helpful? maybe.

into your message.

I appreciate your thoughts. I do think “vital” is apt. Many reasons for that. For one, there most likely is a hint in the poem that will help with the clues. I base that on the first stanza having the word “hint” in it. Since the first stanza is part of the poem, that makes figuring out that hint as being vital. Especially, when f said this...

Dear Forrest,

You tell us that we should find “where warm waters halt” before trying to solve any of the other clues. Imagining that we haven’t seen the rest of the poem, and all we have to go on is:

Do you think that we can confidently determine the starting place for your treasure trail? ~ Steve

No, if all you have to go on are those two clues you cannot proceed with confidence. Look at it this way. If you were making a cake and you left out a few ingredients, would you achieve your goal?

I mean, we got searchers out here saying the missing ingredient in the nope, nope question is a map(s). Then, two minutes later is acknowledging that all the information you need to find the treasure is in the poem. What gives?

Whre does Forrest's quote end? I'm trying to figure out who wrote the last paragraph -- him or you.
08-13-2019, 03:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2019, 03:58 PM by fundamental design.)
(08-13-2019, 03:44 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 09:59 AM)fundamental design Wrote:

Helpful? maybe.

into your message.

Dear Forrest,

No, if all you have to go on are those two clues you cannot proceed with confidence. Look at it this way. If you were making a cake and you left out a few ingredients, would you achieve your goal?

Whre does Forrest's quote end? I'm trying to figure out who wrote the last paragraph -- him or you.

Thanks for that. Last paragraph is mine. Edited in the original.

I’ll add that we learned “begin” means “begin” in the first clue line according to the context it’s used. So, the word hint prbly means hint. Since the clues are vital and the poem is vital then that use of a hint is vital. “If you need help with the clues”, then looking for the book hints would become vital.

Howdy, Mister.
08-13-2019, 04:46 PM,
when searchers are saying that only the clues in the poem will lead you there

or that all the information you need is in the poem

things that a self-described poem purist usually points out, and also things i like to say

what is often not emphasized enough is that a map is required

and i'll assume for the time being that searchers understand this to be true based on f's own words, despite him not saying those exact words

which means then that there are 2 things required. the poem and a map (or maps)

which is probably why f has never said "all you need is the poem"
08-13-2019, 06:26 PM,
"You need to read the clues in my book, and study the clues, and get a good map and try to marry the map to a certain place, and research it, and then get in your pickup truck and go out there and look for it..."

Now, there is an edit in there between "marry the map to a certain place" and "and research it" but it's plausible that he actually said it as it sounds.
08-15-2019, 09:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-16-2019, 03:41 PM by fundamental design.)
(08-13-2019, 04:46 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: when searchers are saying that only the clues in the poem will lead you there

or that all the information you need is in the poem

things that a self-described poem purist usually points out, and also things i like to say

what is often not emphasized enough is that a map is required

and i'll assume for the time being that searchers understand this to be true based on f's own words, despite him not saying those exact words

which means then that there are 2 things required. the poem and a map (or maps)

which is probably why f has never said "all you need is the poem"

Another couple of things thing that are not emphasized enough are the thousands and thousands of days that have passed with the tc not being found. That leads to can one find the tc with just the poem and a map because the odds of doing so may be astronomical? That’s the question each searcher needs to evaluate for themselves and the paths taken from there.

Secondly, some may want to not vote in my poll for the 20 years or more option. Even though the tc could very well likely still be out there then. It’s a matter of those who vote for that quite possible banging their head against a wall too often because they are going the route of just the poem and a map. They may be wise to take the route supplied by the puzzle maker in his best advice for serious searchers by looking for the book hints. If they take that route, then, for them, that decision to do so triggers the “necessity” of the ttotc hints.

Common sense shows there are two levels of “required” in the Chase. This other level that I have been posting about is focused on the unique and differing levels of success each searcher brings to the hunt. After us seeing thousands upon thousands of searcher posts talking about possible book hints, that is evidence that those searchers, and anyone who attempts to glean info from that post or video, have crossed the line of needing help with the clues, essentially.

Very few act like they’ve come back across the line of needing help with the clues. But, then for example, they get caught holding the book The Outlaw Trail up on video when the discussion is about the F quote in the book about if Robert Redford ever wrote a book. It doesn’t say in TTOTC that Redford “did” write a book. Some poem purist is making a connection outside the poem while seemingly spotting an aberration or something that sticks out in many searchers’ minds. Go figure.

Howdy, Mister.
08-16-2019, 03:41 PM,
which means then that there are 2 things required.”

No, there’s more required than those 2 things. The tc requires a searcher (a person) to find it. This is one of the things not emphasized enough as it slipped through the cracks of the quote above.

Howdy, Mister.
08-17-2019, 03:32 PM,
Well, I studied the clues and used a map. I'm going in ten days. I'll rent a pickup, because the last time I went I had an suv and it didn't have much clearance. Those darn woody things that grow in the middle of the road were hitting the undercarriage. Then, on the way out, I got to a spot that I seriously wasn't sure if it would get through. I had to scope it out and choose the best path and cross my fingers. Thank god the rain held off, because I have been stuck.

But that was the wrong place, the right place is seriously flat. The problem is, it's over a hundred acres and the last clue (or two) is damn tricky.