Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Poll: How much longer are you gonna tell yourself that you don’t need help with the clues?
This poll is closed.
Up to 1 year
33.33%
2 33.33%
Up to 3 years
0%
0 0%
Up to 5 years
0%
0 0%
Up to the 10 years
0%
0 0%
20 years or more
66.67%
4 66.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you need help with the clues?
08-17-2019, 03:32 PM,
RE: Do you need help with the clues?
Well, I studied the clues and used a map. I'm going in ten days. I'll rent a pickup, because the last time I went I had an suv and it didn't have much clearance. Those darn woody things that grow in the middle of the road were hitting the undercarriage. Then, on the way out, I got to a spot that I seriously wasn't sure if it would get through. I had to scope it out and choose the best path and cross my fingers. Thank god the rain held off, because I have been stuck.

But that was the wrong place, the right place is seriously flat. The problem is, it's over a hundred acres and the last clue (or two) is damn tricky.
08-17-2019, 05:43 PM,
(08-11-2019, 01:52 PM)trigace Wrote: For me the hints only helped after I had solved what I thought was one of the clues. There would be a hint related to the clue that I had found at a specific location that confirmed to me the clue was correct. I didn't figure out what any hint meant until after I had solved the related nearby clue first.

The clues lead you to the TC. The hints confirm that you are on the right track.

I luckily found my HOB before figuring out WWWH.

There are confirmation hints in the poem itself that lets you know you're on the right track.

Most of the hints in Forrest's statements and stories relate to the final search area, which is only about a square mile.

WWWH doesn't have to be specifically and carefully well-defined,
pinpointing a very small location. This doesn't mean that WWWH is
not a critically important clue. I mean, its function in the poem can be understood by someone using some fuzzy logic, if you know what I mean.
08-17-2019, 06:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2019, 06:03 PM by Chris Yates.)
(08-17-2019, 05:43 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: WWWH doesn't have to be specifically and carefully well-defined,
not a critically important clue. I mean, its function in the poem can be understood by someone using some fuzzy logic, if you know what I mean.

what are you getting at with the fuzzy logic?

fuzzy navel? fuzzy peach? fuzzy bear?

we all know that fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy, was he?

here's a riddle for you: what's blue and fuzzy?
08-17-2019, 06:25 PM,
(08-17-2019, 06:02 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(08-17-2019, 05:43 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: WWWH doesn't have to be specifically and carefully well-defined,

what are you getting at with the fuzzy logic?

fuzzy navel? fuzzy peach? fuzzy bear?

we all know that fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy, was he?

here's a riddle for you: what's blue and fuzzy?

"Grover, Herry, and Cookie Monster all have something in common, can you guess what it is? Here’s a clue. It’s just the way they grew. That’s right, they’re fuzzy and blue! No other color would do."
08-17-2019, 07:53 PM,
pink fuzz holding its breath