Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Straight forward
08-11-2019, 02:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 02:25 PM by Gravity.)
Straight forward
Hey guys,

i didn't post in a long time because I started a new Job last year, but I couldn't resist to continue this quest and read this forum.

If you know my few previuos Threads, you know that I am just looking for the solve and not for the chest. I don't have the money nor the time (I am from Austria).

I just want to be a part of the solve. So, there is one thing that I haven't read before and I can't remember someone mentioning this before, so here are my thoughts.

As you all know, Forest said that it is straight forward and a child may have an advantage in this (or something like this, you know what I mean).

The only store where the book (with the teasure map in it) is sold is in a book store in Santa Fe. If you leave the book store there is a W Water St. and not too far from the store, there is the Aqua fria street (you could interpret this to Where warm waters halt).

I know this may sound ridicoulos, but maybe the starting point is the only place where the treasure map is sold and you go straight forward from there.

if I would plan or write a treasue map and the starting point is not easily found in the poem, why would I only sell it at one place if it isn't important. As we all know, all you need is the poem. (which in Forest's mind is only sold in one place.

As alway, please excuse my english Smile

Michael

As I have gone alone in there would refer to the book or the map, if you replace alone with only.

I hope you are getting what I mean, because translation always causes misinterpretation Smile
08-11-2019, 07:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 07:09 PM by Beavertooth.)
RE: Straight forward
I've seen this theory several times in past years, but no one ever seems to complete the "path" starting from the bookstore. If many of the clues relate to street names, you would think it would be solved by now.

Searchers have also used street names in West Yellowstone for a similar solve. Same result.

BUT, it could be the correct way to start.
08-11-2019, 10:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 10:39 PM by wildfuntear.)
(08-11-2019, 02:03 PM)Gravity Wrote: Hey guys,

i didn't post in a long time because I started a new Job last year, but I couldn't resist to continue this quest and read this forum.

If you know my few previuos Threads, you know that I am just looking for the solve and not for the chest. I don't have the money nor the time (I am from Austria).

I just want to be a part of the solve. So, there is one thing that I haven't read before and I can't remember someone mentioning this before, so here are my thoughts.

As you all know, Forest said that it is straight forward and a child may have an advantage in this (or something like this, you know what I mean).

The only store where the book (with the teasure map in it) is sold is in a book store in Santa Fe. If you leave the book store there is a W Water St. and not too far from the store, there is the Aqua fria street (you could interpret this to Where warm waters halt).

I know this may sound ridicoulos, but maybe the starting point is the only place where the treasure map is sold and you go straight forward from there.

if I would plan or write a treasue map and the starting point is not easily found in the poem, why would I only sell it at one place if it isn't important. As we all know, all you need is the poem. (which in Forest's mind is only sold in one place.

Michael

As I have gone alone in there would refer to the book or the map, if you replace alone with only.

I hope you are getting what I mean, because translation always causes misinterpretation Smile

I imagine that the poem should be functionally valid about a thousand
years from now, if FF thought it might take a thousand years to be
solved. I don't imagine the Collected Works Bookstore is expected
to last that long in that same location with the same name.
08-12-2019, 09:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 09:15 AM by John Brown.)
(08-11-2019, 10:29 PM)wildfuntear Wrote: I imagine that the poem should be functionally valid about a thousand

from MW: Question posted 6/25/2014:

Hi,
Did the same 9 clues exist when you were a kid and to your estimation will they still exist in 100 years and 1000 years?
Thanks ~Ron

Thanks Ron, thoughtful questions
The clues did not exist when I was a kid but most of the places the clues refer to did. I think they might still exist in 100 years but the geography probably will change before we reach the next millennia. The Rocky mountains are still moving and associated physical changes will surely have an impact. If you are in the year 3,009 it will be more difficult for you to find the treasure.f

08-12-2019, 07:39 PM,
(08-12-2019, 09:15 AM)John Brown Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 10:29 PM)wildfuntear Wrote: I imagine that the poem should be functionally valid about a thousand

Hi,
Did the same 9 clues exist when you were a kid and to your estimation will they still exist in 100 years and 1000 years?
Thanks ~Ron

The clues did not exist when I was a kid but most of the places the clues refer to did. I think they might still exist in 100 years but the geography probably will change before we reach the next millennia. The Rocky mountains are still moving and associated physical changes will surely have an impact. If you are in the year 3,009 it will be more difficult for you to find the treasure.f

A rocky mountain with almost no vegetation on it typically doesn't
change very rapidly. Of course wind and precipitation do affect things,
but I suspect that the largest and/or most significant changes to the
search area's visual appearance may be man-made (such as building a road) or due to the vegetation in the area doing what vegetation does.
In the case of this treasure hunt, I don't think man-made changes will
play a relatively big role in the appearance of the search area.
08-12-2019, 08:47 PM,
(08-12-2019, 07:39 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote:

Hi,
Thanks ~Ron

search area's visual appearance may be man-made (such as building a road) or due to the vegetation in the area doing what vegetation does.

In my experience with rocky mountains with almost no vegetation changes occur VERY rapidly. I speak as someone who lives on a mountain that fits that description fairly accurately. I've walked in canyon bottoms that have risen and fallen by feet per day.
08-15-2019, 02:15 PM,
(08-12-2019, 08:47 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 07:39 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote:

Hi,
Thanks ~Ron

In my experience with rocky mountains with almost no vegetation changes occur VERY rapidly. I speak as someone who lives on a mountain that fits that description fairly accurately. I've walked in canyon bottoms that have risen and fallen by feet per day.

That's interesting. Has witnessing the rise or fall of a canyon bottom,
feet per day, been part of your experience?
08-15-2019, 04:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-15-2019, 04:37 PM by Gravity.)
May we use this thread as opportunity to rule out the book store as starting point.

If we assume that "where warm waters" halt is the "Agua fria" street, what would be your home of brown and what would be too far to walk ? Maybe the airport?

(08-11-2019, 10:29 PM)wildfuntear Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 02:03 PM)Gravity Wrote: Hey guys,

Michael

I imagine that the poem should be functionally valid about a thousand

Didn't he mention at one point that you need the "right" map. I think that it could be possible in a thousand years to find the treasure with the map from the year it started. And didn't he say that only two clues can be solved from home (armchair) i am not sure that he ment the first two clues.
08-15-2019, 05:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-15-2019, 05:37 PM by Chris Yates.)
(08-15-2019, 04:26 PM)Gravity Wrote: And didn't he say that only two clues can be solved from home (armchair) i am not sure that he ment the first two clues.

he didn't say that

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Forward in Forrest's New Book Iron Will 150 53,964 01-07-2019, 11:50 AM
Last Post: trigace
  Why the finder should come forward Bet 26 8,166 06-17-2018, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Bet
  Spring Forward imsunbuddynow 1 801 03-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  The illusion of straight forward Jack 11 6,248 12-25-2016, 11:34 AM
Last Post: E.C. Waters
  Is this what the winner has too look forward to? The Wolf 5 3,402 09-23-2016, 11:46 PM
Last Post: geydelkon
  Move forward with confidence... inohury 2 2,745 08-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Last Post: pidmt