Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Chase Underground" and SB 203
08-17-2019, 01:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2019, 03:57 PM by Top Secret.)
The "Chase Underground" and SB 203
from sb204
"He had become the Chief Cultist, the professional underdog, or the head of the art world underground as “Pasatiempo” recently insinuated."

Fenn has finally relented to the Chase Underground that has, until recently, only been a myth. The chase underground known as Pasatiempo lurks but no one knows who it is, many have speculated but the identities are kept Top Secret. Even Fenn follows the underground around, once tracked to the Chief Chase Cultist, he yearns for its return, but no one knows.

Find the Underground and you will find Eli, aka Pasatiempo aka "top dog."

The Lead Searcher is dead, but there can only be one Top Dog that lurks within the Chase Underground.

Fenn's admiration of the Chase Underground...
"He had a large following of admirers"
"Somehow I envy what he had, and has."
"It had been a long time since I had seen Eli but I swear he has not changed a hair"
"as he remembers and reminisces in this book about the old days"
"Those were the good old days."
"Now, I’ve always had a warm place in my heart for Eli"
"Though the reasons are not at all clear. Perhaps it’s because he seems to personify the underdog."
"his “lookout” for fellow artists"
"We didn’t socialize over the years"
"His feelings were honest"
"what he lacks in technique he makes up for with warm visual dialogue"
"his rewards must mostly be the satisfaction he gets from the participation and its associated camaraderie"
"The shameful thought came to me that perhaps he should be showing next door where Jesus might buy one"
08-19-2019, 11:55 AM,
RE: The "Chase Underground" and SB 203
Fenn quit scrapbooking. The underground and he are in a standoff. Fenn blinked. No one prevails but H. Bally.
08-19-2019, 12:02 PM,
When I read SB 204 it comes out a little different. https://dalneitzel.com/2019/08/16/scrapb...dred-four/
08-19-2019, 12:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2019, 12:55 PM by Squidhunter09.)
(08-19-2019, 11:55 AM)Top Secret Wrote: Fenn quit scrapbooking. The underground and he are in a standoff. Fenn blinked. No one prevails but H. Bally.
Could you be so kind and tell me who H. Bally is? Actually scratch that I'm good now.
08-19-2019, 12:50 PM,
it is important to remember fenns scrapbooks are often fiction, scrapbook 203 is easy to find out that its filled with fiction with a little research
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
08-19-2019, 12:51 PM,
He/she is the messenger of the Fenn underground. Fenn followed the underground around for a while which mistakenly gave a naive forum the sense they were the home of the lead dog. Been quiet for some time but Fenn gave his call for a return in SB203.
08-19-2019, 01:18 PM,
(08-19-2019, 12:51 PM)Top Secret Wrote: He/she is the messenger of the Fenn underground. Fenn followed the underground around for a while which mistakenly gave a naive forum the sense they were the home of the lead dog. Been quiet for some time but Fenn gave his call for a return in SB203.
Someone should tell fenn to rest up. I'm sure he has a busy week. He can worry about the so called underground after he enjoys time with his family. It is his birthday and all this week.
08-19-2019, 03:30 PM,
(08-17-2019, 01:44 PM)Top Secret Wrote: from sb204
"He had become the Chief Cultist, the professional underdog, or the head of the art world underground as “Pasatiempo” recently insinuated."

Fenn has finally relented to the Chase Underground that has, until recently, only been a myth. The chase underground known as Pasatiempo lurks but no one knows who it is, many have speculated but the identities are kept Top Secret. Even Fenn follows the underground around, once tracked to the Chief Chase Cultist, he yearns for its return, but no one knows.

Find the Underground and you will find Eli, aka Pasatiempo aka "top dog."
Are you aware that "Pasatiempo" is the name of the arts scene magazine insert in the local Santa Fe newspaper? That's who Fenn was referring to.
08-19-2019, 04:48 PM,
This is the latest article I could find in Pasatiempo that mentions Eli Levin. I'm not sure either of these insinuate that Eli Levin was the head of the art world underground as Forrest insinuated.

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/pasati...12c90.html

This one, Nudes-nudes-nudes (why does that remind me of the gym I don't go to??), comes closer though.

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/pasati...f6878.html
--------quote---------
Not long after, he got to know the controversial art dealer Forrest Fenn, with whom he liked to argue about art. Fenn gave Levin and his friends a two-day show in his gallery and then offered Levin a show of his own if he would paint bar scenes with some prespecified content. “He wanted cowboy bars, like in the movies, and you had to have whores and gunfights and cheating at cards. I said I couldn’t do that. He found a commercial artist to do it, and they had the show — and he sold! Fenn could just snap his fingers. He was a power maniac, such a strange character.”
---------end quote----------
08-19-2019, 06:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2019, 06:54 PM by John Brown.)
This one is from The Reporter, not Pasatiempo, but who knows. Maybe he misspoke. His 89th birthday is in two days.

Ooops I forgot to post the dang link.

https://www.sfreporter.com/arts/2018/07/...t-a-woman/