Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not an accusation
08-19-2019, 01:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2019, 09:11 PM by Andrew Jef.)
Not an accusation
First, let me give an example of an asked question.

Here it is: "What time is it?"

Nothing too astoundingly unusual there, I believe.

But a question can be treated as a statement (perhaps one of fact).
If you are asked "What is the question in the second line of text in this
posting?", then if you state "What time is it?", your statement is literally
and solely a question and vice versa, right?

A simple asked question, by itself, is normally and typically not intended to be (and is also not stated as) a statement, in my opinion. So if I ask you "Did you ever commit a crime?", the question is merely an inquiry, and not an accusation (in my opinion). And by the way, most folks who have driven more than a few thousand miles have likely violated a speed limit while doing some of that driving. So I'm not going to treat the word "crime" as necessarily being (at least functionally) a huge deal.

Anyway, I have a question to ask y'all: Do you think that during the last bit of driving a sedan, prior to moving the TC to its present location (for all practical/measurable purposes), that FF was in violation of any applicable local laws in effect where he drove that sedan on that day?

If I asked him this question, he might well refuse to give a straight "yes" or "no" answer. I try not to under-estimate him. But whether in fact
he did something akin to "vehicular trespassing" on that day may have
a large effect on where my next BOTG search hike takes me.
08-19-2019, 02:12 AM,
RE: Not an accusation
It hardly matters what we think, as we haven't been shown to be very intelligent or logical based on
success at solving the poem. What FF did (related to your question) isn't likely to be widely known for a fact. I suggest you go back to the poem.
08-19-2019, 07:54 AM,
Not an accusation
Df

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
08-21-2019, 01:10 AM,
(08-19-2019, 07:54 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote: Df

What does that mean?
08-21-2019, 05:35 AM,
(08-21-2019, 01:10 AM)legacyhelper Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 07:54 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote: Df

What does that mean?
I was seeing if I was steal banned Df means nothing.

08-23-2019, 02:21 PM,
I've wondered this. How shady will the search be?
Will you have to trespass to get to the spot?
I think out West is not so much of an issue, I know gypsies who just go where they want, and sleep in abandoned houses and nobody seems to care.

"Alone I sought a place among the silent peaks, following a frozen stream where snow on either side banked the trees to their icy necks.... This was no place for men, but a place for gods to linger, a place to wait in silence for the world to end."
08-23-2019, 02:30 PM,
(08-23-2019, 02:21 PM)Sorry Deuce Wrote: I've wondered this. How shady will the search be?
I think out West is not so much of an issue, I know gypsies who just go where they want, and sleep in abandoned houses and nobody seems to care.

I'm sure he didn't do anything illegal. What would be the point in that? To have someone retrieve it and then get arrested. Or to have someone solve it and not go get it because they don't want to get arrest. Wouldn't make a very good treasure hunt. Hey you can have my treasure but first break the law
08-26-2019, 06:08 PM,
(08-23-2019, 02:30 PM)Squidhunter09 Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 02:21 PM)Sorry Deuce Wrote: I've wondered this. How shady will the search be?

I'm sure he didn't do anything illegal. What would be the point in that? To have someone retrieve it and then get arrested. Or to have someone solve it and not go get it because they don't want to get arrest. Wouldn't make a very good treasure hunt. Hey you can have my treasure but first break the law

Doing something illegal could have made it much more convenient to
transport the treasure goodies to their hidey space. This could make a
big difference regarding whether the TC is right near where a lawful
searcher would park a vehicle, compared to a hidey space that is a
substantial distance away from this parking place, thus requiring a
challenging hike to access. I think I'll plan to search the "right near"
area(s) first. If the TC isn't found there, then I'll take the challenging
hike again. I encountered a snake last time on that hike. And I also
saw bear tracks and bear scat, none of which pleased me.
08-26-2019, 10:43 PM,
(08-23-2019, 02:21 PM)Sorry Deuce Wrote: and sleep in abandoned houses and nobody seems to care.

The last guys to sleep in an abandoned house down the street where I live were interrupted by Sheriff's deputies with bulletproof vests and assault rifles.

Just sayin'