Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappointed....
09-04-2019, 12:17 AM,
Disappointed....
My last BOTG done. What a waste of money and time, but the experience was a good one. Smile Would I have done it any different, no. It gave me time to get away from familiar places, and meet new people along the way. So, it's time to put my 5 hour solve to rest. Will I look for another place?, hell no!! Six thousand dollars over 3 searches is enough.
09-04-2019, 07:13 AM,
RE: Disappointed....
(09-04-2019, 12:17 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: My last BOTG done. What a waste of money and time, but the experience was a good one. Smile Would I have done it any different, no. It gave me time to get away from familiar places, and meet new people along the way. So, it's time to put my 5 hour solve to rest. Will I look for another place?, hell no!! Six thousand dollars over 3 searches is enough.

If you had a good time solving the poem, and looking for the treasures, then it doesn’t matter what money you spent. As long as you were contented ?
09-04-2019, 02:52 PM,
Thanks, Daniel. Smile
09-04-2019, 03:03 PM,
You could have spent $60,000 or more for 9 months at a fancy college. You probably got a lot more for your money. I would consider the money well spent.

And remember the words of Satchel Paige:

"Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching."

"Don't eat fried food, it angries up the blood."

Smile
09-04-2019, 03:50 PM,
That's a healthy attitude in every way.
09-04-2019, 06:41 PM,
Remember when searchers were so certain it would be found this year?
Hilarious.

Am I really going to have to put up with the "This is the year!" every early Spring?
Probably for the next 6-10 or so. Most searchers here are up there in age, so it's only a matter of time before the young and skeptical move in.
09-04-2019, 10:03 PM,
(09-04-2019, 12:17 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: My last BOTG done. What a waste of money and time, but the experience was a good one. Smile Would I have done it any different, no. It gave me time to get away from familiar places, and meet new people along the way. So, it's time to put my 5 hour solve to rest. Will I look for another place?, hell no!! Six thousand dollars over 3 searches is enough.

I spent well over 5 hours working on a solve before doing any search
trips. If you can significantly improve your solve, you might be more
interested in searching. If not, you can have regrets (or not). IMO.
09-05-2019, 07:41 AM,
(09-04-2019, 06:41 PM)filmguy Wrote: Remember when searchers were so certain it would be found this year?
Hilarious....

Yep, Harry Fool is the champion of this. He says it every year lately. So, you got that to look forward to.

Howdy, Mister.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does this ff will be disappointed if the TC is found this summer. mikemarcum878 0 588 07-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878