Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The trouble with Cimarron solves.
09-07-2019, 08:00 AM,
They are contrived around the French translation of the word marron - brown.

Forrest has emphatically stated that you can’t start in the middle of the poem and find the blaze. Cherry picking any part of the poem to begin it is a failed method. You have to start at the beginning - where warm waters halt.

razyfamily
09-07-2019, 09:51 AM,
RE: The trouble with Cimmaron solves.
(09-07-2019, 08:00 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: They are contrived around the French translation of the word marron - brown.

Forrest has emphatically stated that you can’t start in the middle of the poem and find the blaze. Cherry picking any part of the poem to begin it is a failed method. You have to start at the beginning - where warm waters halt.

Of course, the New Mexico trout fishing boundaries run right through the west edge of the town of Cimarron -- right next to two old biddies (the middle and high schools). So warm waters halt there. Now you just have to worry about how to interpret "canyon down". Hope this helps.

But beware of the Devil's Mailbox in the canyon itself!

Smile
09-07-2019, 10:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 10:15 AM by Mongo.)
(09-07-2019, 08:00 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: They are contrived around the French translation of the word marron - brown.

razyfamily

Lol you are staring right at WWWH and don’t even know it.

First, it has to be a place where the water is warm and “waters” is plural so the water must stop several times. Yes there is trout in this area. Also has an earlier settler who’s name is brown and his ranch is still there.

Here is the on line description of WWWH

“In the past, the Dry Cimarron River was sometimes known as the “disappearing river” because of its notable feature of sinking and rising again further on. It flows from the foot of Johnson Mesa,”

This would be halting more than once.

So, the Dry Cimarron is WWWH.

Please, prove this to be incorrect.

But what do I know?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10
09-07-2019, 10:13 AM,
The trouble with Cimmaron solves.
I don’t think searchers are being honest with themselves if they claim that the trout water boundaries are what attracted them to the area. I’ve been at this a long time, and I never recall hearing about the boundaries you describe, only the ci-marron.

And still, my hoB slays that one.

razyfamily
09-07-2019, 10:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 10:28 AM by Mongo.)
(09-07-2019, 10:13 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: I don’t think searchers are being honest with themselves if they claim that the trout water boundaries are what attracted them to the area. I’ve been at this a long time, and I never recall hearing about the boundaries you describe, only the ci-marron.

And still, my hoB slays that one.

razyfamily

Your HOB slays the Brown Ranch? This area of the Dry Cimarron is lame, as it must be in order to find the blaze. Only then will you discover the “meek”.

You will then understand “drawing nigh”

It opens up a whole new world once it’s discovered.

Then again this is all simple stuff with tons of meanings when the origins of words are used, but most people don’t understand this. This is why when it was explained to me by the author, I was sold.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10
09-07-2019, 10:32 AM,

razyfamily
There's no short cut.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
09-07-2019, 11:07 AM,
The trouble with Cimmaron solves.
(09-07-2019, 10:20 AM)Mongo Wrote: Your HOB slays the Brown Ranch?

That is what I had said.

razyfamily
09-07-2019, 11:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 11:14 AM by mikemarcum03.)
(09-07-2019, 11:07 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 10:20 AM)Mongo Wrote: Your HOB slays the Brown Ranch?

That is what I had said.

razyfamily
I was agreeing with you but in,a deferent wording no horm.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
09-07-2019, 01:24 PM,
(09-07-2019, 10:10 AM)Mongo Wrote:

razyfamily

Lol you are staring right at WWWH and don’t even know it.

First, it has to be a place where the water is warm and “waters” is plural so the water must stop several times. Yes there is trout in this area. Also has an earlier settler who’s name is brown and his ranch is still there.

Here is the on line description of WWWH

“In the past, the Dry Cimarron River was sometimes known as the “disappearing river” because of its notable feature of sinking and rising again further on. It flows from the foot of Johnson Mesa,”

This would be halting more than once.

So, the Dry Cimarron is WWWH.

Please, prove this to be incorrect.

But what do I know?

The Dry Cimarron has to be considered a serious possibility, IMO. It is consistent with a Folsom Falls-related solve.

It is hard to prove anyone's WWWH to be incorrect. I believe the poem and TTOTC point to a much more likely WWWH. But that doesn't mean mine is correct either.

You mention halting more than once. If so, woudn't the correct wording in the poem be "where warm water halts" (plural on the halting), instead of "where warm waters halt"? Just wondering. I guess it could be either way.
09-07-2019, 01:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 01:37 PM by crazyfamily.)
Folsom solves are another example of first order solves. I looked at that one too, 6 years ago. It didn’t go anywhere.

razyfamily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The problem with Brown’s Canyon Solves... crazyfamily 0 115 09-12-2019, 11:34 PM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  The trouble with confidence... crazyfamily 26 2,436 06-13-2019, 07:52 PM
Last Post: brubr
  More potential solves RichardGreen 0 330 01-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Last Post: RichardGreen
  General Solves GoneAlone 21 7,463 09-23-2017, 01:42 PM
Last Post: jdigginsz
  1 of my solves searched cruzer 7 3,843 07-17-2016, 08:06 PM
Last Post: decall
  Post Your Solves Ricky Nowak 15 7,742 07-16-2016, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth