Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Article
09-07-2019, 12:14 PM,
New Article
New news article came out this week:

http://online.anyflip.com/dmdy/dugs/mobi...#p=168-171

In this article, Fenn says a couple of new things. One is, "things can complicate the search such as earthquakes, mudslides, forest fires, floods, trees, and rocks falling." According to Doug Preston (as reported by the interviewer), Fenn said that "even with the clues, its still difficult to find."

What do you know? Strong indicators for just what I've been saying for awhile now....covered by a debris flow. And before any of you with solves "that slay" tell me to just go get it, I would recommend that you take your own advice. I'm still rehabbing a total knee replacement.
09-07-2019, 02:30 PM,
RE: New Article
(09-07-2019, 12:14 PM)brubr Wrote: New news article came out this week:

http://online.anyflip.com/dmdy/dugs/mobi...#p=168-171

In this article, Fenn says a couple of new things. One is, "things can complicate the search such as earthquakes, mudslides, forest fires, floods, trees, and rocks falling." According to Doug Preston (as reported by the interviewer), Fenn said that "even with the clues, its still difficult to find."

What do you know? Strong indicators for just what I've been saying for awhile now....covered by a debris flow. And before any of you with solves "that slay" tell me to just go get it, I would recommend that you take your own advice. I'm still rehabbing a total knee replacement.

Other things could also change -- in Mongo's recent threads and comments, it appears he is/was focused on Folsom Falls, which has reverted to private ownership since the chase started. That's not a problem for Mongo, who thinks the chase is a hoax anyway (I believe).

The interesting Forrest comment is that it is still difficult to find even with the clues. What happened to "walk right to it" and "It is not likely that anyone would get that close [12 feet] and not find it."???
09-07-2019, 03:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 03:31 PM by Chris Yates.)
(09-07-2019, 02:30 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: The interesting Forrest comment is that it is still difficult to find even with the clues. What happened to "walk right to it" and "It is not likely that anyone would get that close [12 feet] and not find it."???

he's said that you can't just get out of your car and walk over to the woods and walk to it

he's said that nobody will accidentally stumble on that treasure chest

and on this quote "it is not likely that anyone would get that close and not find it"

at the time of this comment, it may have been true that "it is not likely anyone would get that close"

if only this specific opening to the comment is true, then f could be playing a word game

because it wouldn't matter if someone was likely or not likely to find it if they got close as per the truthfulness of the whole comment. if the first part is true, then the whole comment is true regardless

this means that it could actually be likely that someone that close WOULD NOT find it, and yet his statement would still be true

this possibility imo should be considered because why else would he word it in such a way, using double negatives and such

someone who sincerely wanted to communicate this would just simply say, if you get within 12 feet, you are likely to find it

edit to add:

SeanM asked f to reiterate that statement and f declined

I believe the reasons for this are:

1) the interpretation i suggested is correct

2) so the whole truthfulness of the statement is dependent on "it is not likely anyone would get that close" being true

3) f declined to reiterate because it is no longer true that it's not likely someone will get that close

meaning, this is an acknowledgement someone is likely to get that close (12 feet) the next time they search

just my opinion, i believe that f is aware someone has correctly solved the poem to within several steps, as f has defined it

he may be communicating to them that knowing the spot to that precision is key to finding it, and they can find it, but just going there won't be enough

it maybe buried or hidden in some way, so that no one could stumble on it, not even someone in the right area looking for the treasure, who walks right over that spot

someone will need to know with certainty where the spot is, within several steps, and be prepared to extend the necessary effort to precisely locate and unhide it, whatever that might entail

this keeps people from finding it who have not completely solved the poem and are hoping to locate it through just being close enough and some BOTG luck

f intended from the beginning for only the person who completely solved all the clues to be the finder
09-07-2019, 03:42 PM,
I agree Chis, the nature of Fenn's statement re: very close proxamity reads the same way as the 12 ft. Statement. Tautology. In your opinion, how would one know when they have completed the poem? completely solved is a tautology in and of itself, ha.
09-07-2019, 03:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 04:00 PM by brubr.)
(09-07-2019, 02:30 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: The interesting Forrest comment is that it is still difficult to find even with the clues. What happened to "walk right to it" and "It is not likely that anyone would get that close [12 feet] and not find it."???

Its been 9 years and erosion is constant. So wherever the crevice/cavity is in which he hid the treasure, could be covered up by (pick one): debris flow, mudslide, rock fall, blow downs

(09-07-2019, 03:13 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: edit to add:

SeanM asked f to reiterate that statement and f declined

I believe the reasons for this are:

1) the interpretation i suggested is correct

2) so the whole truthfulness of the statement is dependent on "it is not likely anyone would get that close" being true

3) f declined to reiterate because it is no longer true that it's not likely someone will get that close

meaning, this is an acknowledgement someone is likely to get that close (12 feet) the next time they search

A simpler explanation for F's refusal to answer, IMO, is that someone has solved the poem, is currently within 12 feet, but some sort of rock fall/landslide/debris field is impeding the retrieval. This individual has sent F pictures of the area, so now he knows what the area looks like and knows that it is no longer true that you can be within 12 feet and find it. So he can NOT confirm his statement. If he DOES confirm his 12 foot comment, he is lying, which he has said he will not do. And if he doesnt, he has now informed the 12 foot searcher that they are right on top of it. Better to remain silent, period.
09-07-2019, 04:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 04:17 PM by crazyfamily.)
New Article
[Image: 143be1c2f29a5f2996c63c4ee62a8124.jpg]

Good grief.
razyfamily
09-07-2019, 04:28 PM,
(09-07-2019, 04:15 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: [Image: 143be1c2f29a5f2996c63c4ee62a8124.jpg]

Good grief.
razyfamily

What does this picture have to do with the new article on Fenn?