Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What came first
09-08-2019, 01:17 PM,
What came first
the hiding of the TC, or, the poem?
09-08-2019, 01:29 PM,
RE: What came first
(09-08-2019, 01:17 PM)EastonS19 Wrote: the hiding of the TC, or, the poem?
The Chest could have been hid the same day as the poem was released.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
09-08-2019, 01:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 01:33 PM by crazyfamily.)
What came first
“I could have written the poem before I hid the treasure chest, but I didn’t. f”

razyfamily
09-08-2019, 01:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 01:37 PM by EastonS19.)
I say he hid it, then, created the directions to it in the form of a convoluted and nonsensical poem
09-08-2019, 02:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 07:23 PM by Sorry Deuce.)
If he hid the TC, first, then wrote the poem as the quote implies , and the poem took 15 years to compose....? Am I missing something? He his the chest when he was 65, but wrote the poem at almost 80, but it's still hidden only where an 80 year old can take it?

Hmmm.
Easton, here's a selection of quotes, some of which contradict, which paint a picture of inconsistency (and probably deliberate obfuscation.)

There's no much sense to it, but enjoy.

SD

"In 1988 I had cancer, and they told me I was gonna die." f (Moby Dickens Interview)
(1988: Age 58 )

"My kidney was removed in 1988 and also the cancer." f (California Sunday Magazine 2016)
(1988: Age 58)

"So it was 15 years from the time that I got cancer until the time that I hid the treasure chest. 15 years." f (Moby Dickens Interview)
(1988 + 15 = 2003)
(2003: Age 73)

"I was 80 or about when I hid the treasure and it was not a difficult task. I will soon be 87 and I could go back and get it if I were so inclined, I think." - Washington Post
("About 80" (say, within 3 years either way)= 2007 - 2013)

"And like Eric Sloane at age almost-80, I figured it was time to act. So I wrote a poem…" -f TTOTC
(Almost 80, given 3 years or so, 2007-2010)

“I could have written the poem before I hid the treasure chest, but I didn’t. f” (source??)

I'm 82 years old now and I've buried it when I was either 79 or 80 years old." -f WGN radio
(79 or 80 YO = 2009-2010)

"I didn't say I buried it I said I hid it. That's not to say it isn't buried, but I've never used that word." f (Same WGN interview as above where he indeed used "that word"

"I've tweaked that poem for a long time, changing words as things changed and finally - I think I worked on that for like 12 years before I finally hid the treasure." f WGN radio (which contradicts the above quote about writing the poem after hiding TC)

"I crafted a poem that’s in my book. It has nine clues in it, and I changed that poem over a 15 year period. People read that poem and it’s there, “He sat down and wrote that poem in 15 minutes.” It took me 15 years. The poem is not so much written as it is an architectural plan. It’s been crafted. It reads very simple." (source??)

It took me 15 years to write the poem. I changed it so many times and I’ve said before that I didn’t write that poem, it was written by an architect. Each word is deliberate." (attributed, source???)

"I've told people that I burie- I hid the treasure chest when I was either 79 or 80 years old, because I don't want the exact date to be known." f Moby Dickens Interview
(Nice wordplay here "I've told people" )

Going by my West Virginia math, if he got cancer when he was 58, and he hid the treasure chest when he was 79 or 80, that's 21-22 years, not 15 years.

So one of those statements, at least, is false.

He says he worked on the poem for ("like") 12 years, before he hid the chest, then he says he could have written the poem before he hid the chest, but didn't. One of those statements has to be false.

His story, as it jumps around, seems to always have a 6 to 8 year blackout period in it. He could have "buri- hid" the treasure chest at anytime between 2003-2010, depending on which of his statements you choose to believe. He could have crafted the poem from anytime between 1988 and 2010, depending on which of his statements you choose to believe.

"Alone I sought a place among the silent peaks, following a frozen stream where snow on either side banked the trees to their icy necks.... This was no place for men, but a place for gods to linger, a place to wait in silence for the world to end."
09-08-2019, 06:53 PM,
(09-08-2019, 01:33 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: “I could have written the poem before I hid the treasure chest, but I didn’t. f”

razyfamily

Who is 'I'?
09-08-2019, 07:23 PM,
What came first
I’ll assume, since it is signed “f,” that I is Forrest.

razyfamily
09-08-2019, 07:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 08:04 PM by Beavertooth.)
(09-08-2019, 02:47 PM)Sorry Deuce Wrote: If he hid the TC, first, then wrote the poem as the quote implies , and the poem took 15 years to compose....? Am I missing something?

Yes. It's called a hint.

[Politicallly oriented signature with advertising deleted by moderator. You can post those views in the Therapy Room.]
09-08-2019, 08:05 PM,
(09-08-2019, 02:47 PM)Sorry Deuce Wrote: If he hid the TC, first, then wrote the poem as the quote implies , and the poem took 15 years to compose....? Am I missing something? He his the chest when he was 65, but wrote the poem at almost 80, but it's still hidden only where an 80 year old can take it?

Hmmm.
Easton, here's a selection of quotes, some of which contradict, which paint a picture of inconsistency (and probably deliberate obfuscation.)

There's no much sense to it, but enjoy.

SD

"In 1988 I had cancer, and they told me I was gonna die." f (Moby Dickens Interview)
(1988: Age 58 )

"My kidney was removed in 1988 and also the cancer." f (California Sunday Magazine 2016)
(1988: Age 58)

"So it was 15 years from the time that I got cancer until the time that I hid the treasure chest. 15 years." f (Moby Dickens Interview)
(1988 + 15 = 2003)
(2003: Age 73)

"I was 80 or about when I hid the treasure and it was not a difficult task. I will soon be 87 and I could go back and get it if I were so inclined, I think." - Washington Post
("About 80" (say, within 3 years either way)= 2007 - 2013)

"And like Eric Sloane at age almost-80, I figured it was time to act. So I wrote a poem…" -f TTOTC
(Almost 80, given 3 years or so, 2007-2010)

“I could have written the poem before I hid the treasure chest, but I didn’t. f” (source??)

I'm 82 years old now and I've buried it when I was either 79 or 80 years old." -f WGN radio
(79 or 80 YO = 2009-2010)

"I didn't say I buried it I said I hid it. That's not to say it isn't buried, but I've never used that word." f (Same WGN interview as above where he indeed used "that word"

"I've tweaked that poem for a long time, changing words as things changed and finally - I think I worked on that for like 12 years before I finally hid the treasure." f WGN radio (which contradicts the above quote about writing the poem after hiding TC)

"I crafted a poem that’s in my book. It has nine clues in it, and I changed that poem over a 15 year period. People read that poem and it’s there, “He sat down and wrote that poem in 15 minutes.” It took me 15 years. The poem is not so much written as it is an architectural plan. It’s been crafted. It reads very simple." (source??)

It took me 15 years to write the poem. I changed it so many times and I’ve said before that I didn’t write that poem, it was written by an architect. Each word is deliberate." (attributed, source???)

"I've told people that I burie- I hid the treasure chest when I was either 79 or 80 years old, because I don't want the exact date to be known." f Moby Dickens Interview
(Nice wordplay here "I've told people" )

Going by my West Virginia math, if he got cancer when he was 58, and he hid the treasure chest when he was 79 or 80, that's 21-22 years, not 15 years.

So one of those statements, at least, is false.

He says he worked on the poem for ("like") 12 years, before he hid the chest, then he says he could have written the poem before he hid the chest, but didn't. One of those statements has to be false.

His story, as it jumps around, seems to always have a 6 to 8 year blackout period in it. He could have "buri- hid" the treasure chest at anytime between 2003-2010, depending on which of his statements you choose to believe. He could have crafted the poem from anytime between 1988 and 2010, depending on which of his statements you choose to believe.

Nice summation. Thanks.
09-08-2019, 11:24 PM,
What came first
(09-08-2019, 02:47 PM)Sorry Deuce Wrote: “I could have written the poem before I hid the treasure chest, but I didn’t. f” (source??)
https://mysteriouswritings.com/weekly-wo...14th-2016/

C’mon, man.

razyfamily