Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A game of attrition.
09-08-2019, 10:13 PM,
A game of attrition.
It seems that’s what we have here - a game of attrition.

IMO, the only ones with a chance of solving this thing are the first generation solvers. That is, those who were around during the time of Forrest’s last few decades. Some had physical or intellectual contact with Forrest while many others were just tuned in to his wavelength.

Those who have first order solves and cannot move beyond that will drop first.

Then, there are the rabbit holers who have the right idea, but are not focused enough to develop a single complete solution.

Next are the multi-solution searchers who have the creativity to develop multiple solutions, but not enough focus to narrow it down to the correct solve.

The cypher crowd will go silently into the abyss, and rightly so.

The last few will hang on to the few clues that they’ve solved wondering where they went wrong, hoping that something in the collective conscience(the www) will bring it all together like a saucier.

Whether they are the best of the cypher crowd or others, ultimately it will come down to a couple sauciers who have the resolve to finish it. I can already see signs of it.

razyfamily
09-09-2019, 12:30 AM,
RE: A game of attrition.
(09-08-2019, 10:13 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: It seems that’s what we have here - a game of attrition.

IMO, the only ones with a chance of solving this thing are the first generation solvers. That is, those who were around during the time of Forrest’s last few decades. Some had physical or intellectual contact with Forrest while many others were just tuned in to his wavelength.

Those who have first order solves and cannot move beyond that will drop first.

Then, there are the rabbit holers who have the right idea, but are not focused enough to develop a single complete solution.

Next are the multi-solution searchers who have the creativity to develop multiple solutions, but not enough focus to narrow it down to the correct solve.

The cypher crowd will go silently into the abyss, and rightly so.

The last few will hang on to the few clues that they’ve solved wondering where they went wrong, hoping that something in the collective conscience(the www) will bring it all together like a saucier.

Whether they are the best of the cypher crowd or others, ultimately it will come down to a couple sauciers who have the resolve to finish it. I can already see signs of it.

razyfamily

Did you know that while reading your posting my eyes got as big as
sauciers?
09-09-2019, 06:19 AM,
A game of attrition.
No, I didn’t know that.

razyfamily
09-09-2019, 12:31 PM,
Thank you for that post Crazy. It seems plausible to believe that.
09-10-2019, 12:05 AM,
Crazy, Deeep sees this as well, well said and we are in it to win it, period, no giving up ever.
09-10-2019, 09:46 AM,
I don't think it matters if you were alive when Mr F was alive because everything you need is in the book and maps.

The key is to hit the right starting point and then power through the rest of it. But there are a million starting points. Is the confirmation of the starting point without actually finding the treasure?

It's easy to get bogged down on a solve with a starting point that makes sense. You might spend the entire off season working on the solve only to come up empty. Then you might stick with the same starting point and tweak the later clues. That's a lot of lost time.

If you really did interpret some of the later clues correctly, then, like you said, there is hope that you can apply them to a solve with a different where warm waters halt.
09-10-2019, 12:04 PM,
(09-10-2019, 09:46 AM)dude here Wrote: I don't think it matters if you were alive when Mr F was alive because everything you need is in the book and maps.

The key is to hit the right starting point and then power through the rest of it. But there are a million starting points. Is the confirmation of the starting point without actually finding the treasure?

It's easy to get bogged down on a solve with a starting point that makes sense. You might spend the entire off season working on the solve only to come up empty. Then you might stick with the same starting point and tweak the later clues. That's a lot of lost time.

If you really did interpret some of the later clues correctly, then, like you said, there is hope that you can apply them to a solve with a different where warm waters halt.

In my view, the poem defines only one specific starting point in the Rocky Mountains. That's the key. Without that knowledge, it is doubtful that you have interpreted some of the later clues correctly.
09-10-2019, 12:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2019, 12:34 PM by dude here.)
(09-10-2019, 12:04 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 09:46 AM)dude here Wrote: I don't think it matters if you were alive when Mr F was alive because everything you need is in the book and maps.

In my view, the poem defines only one specific starting point in the Rocky Mountains. That's the key. Without that knowledge, it is doubtful that you have interpreted some of the later clues correctly.

Right, it has to define one specific starting location. The problem is that there are many possible interpretations of the clues, so you might think you have the correct one when you really don't. Almost everyone does have the wrong starting location.

There is a good chance you can interpret some later clues without the starting point. Consider this: how does he tell you where the exact spot is once you get to the location? Suppose it is buried, then there are maybe 8 different ways to get you to the 10 inch spot. For example, one way is that he can tell you direction and distance from some point. Another way is a set of coordinates. You might be able to figure out some of those later clues even without the starting place.
09-10-2019, 01:11 PM,
Dude- just curious, I agree with direction and distance, and coordinates, although that would involve a lot of numbers, but what other way will get you to a 10" spot?
09-10-2019, 01:32 PM,
(09-10-2019, 12:33 PM)dude here Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 12:04 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:

Right, it has to define one specific starting location. The problem is that there are many possible interpretations of the clues, so you might think you have the correct one when you really don't. Almost everyone does have the wrong starting location.

There is a good chance you can interpret some later clues without the starting point. Consider this: how does he tell you where the exact spot is once you get to the location? Suppose it is buried, then there are maybe 8 different ways to get you to the 10 inch spot. For example, one way is that he can tell you direction and distance from some point. Another way is a set of coordinates. You might be able to figure out some of those later clues even without the starting place.

You are missing the point. It is foolish to deal with clues 2-9 until you have Clue 1. Clue 1 is contained in the poem. Clue 1 is not "begin it WWWH". Clue 1 is to define "where is" WWWH. Clue 1 is solved by the poem itself. There are also a lot of confirmers in TTOTC. The subsequent clues 2 thru 9 are critically related to clue 1, so working on random clues 2 thru 9 is a total waste of time in my view.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The game may change says Fenn decall 64 35,968 09-09-2019, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Andrew Jef
  the secret game Chris Yates 8 1,553 07-20-2019, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  The waiting game CasualHunter 22 6,192 02-12-2017, 07:52 PM
Last Post: imsunbuddynow
  Bret Maverick's Big Game of Poker The Wolf 13 7,887 01-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Last Post: fundamental design
  The mind game of the masterpiece The Wolf 12 5,893 11-30-2016, 12:25 PM
Last Post: The Wolf