Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The First Stanza
09-12-2019, 11:18 AM,
The First Stanza
Does anybody really think they get the first stanza? What does it do for you? Does it just help with the first clue or does it set the stage for the whole poem? Or is it just a throwaway intro? And if you get it, then why haven't you found the tc?

I'm focusing on it now. Very likely (well ok, 50-50) it contains important info for solving the poem.

So far, I think it provides a (still vague) explanation for one of Mr F's quotes about the treasure. But like everything else in the poem, there are numerous directions and meanings possible. I haven't managed to put all four lines together in a cohesive manner yet.
09-12-2019, 11:49 AM,
RE: The First Stanza
(09-12-2019, 11:18 AM)dude here Wrote: Does anybody really think they get the first stanza? What does it do for you? Does it just help with the first clue or does it set the stage for the whole poem? Or is it just a throwaway intro? And if you get it, then why haven't you found the tc?

I'm focusing on it now. Very likely (well ok, 50-50) it contains important info for solving the poem.

So far, I think it provides a (still vague) explanation for one of Mr F's quotes about the treasure. But like everything else in the poem, there are numerous directions and meanings possible. I haven't managed to put all four lines together in a cohesive manner yet.
I think stanza 1 tell use where to begin wwwh.This could lead you to the riches New and old in meaning the chest it self.
It's like stanza 1 holds 2 Omega meanings.
A interducation

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
09-12-2019, 12:11 PM,
(09-12-2019, 11:49 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 11:18 AM)dude here Wrote: Does anybody really think they get the first stanza? What does it do for you? Does it just help with the first clue or does it set the stage for the whole poem? Or is it just a throwaway intro? And if you get it, then why haven't you found the tc?

I think stanza 1 tell use where to begin wwwh.This could lead you to the riches New and old in meaning the chest it self.
A interducation

So, I kind of stumbled on a word to substitute in the first stanza, based on the dictionary, and then the stanza fits right in with what I had for wwwh. I can't say it confirms it, because there are many other ways to interpret it. And I'm not seeing a strong theme that carries throughout the poem like I think there should be.
09-12-2019, 12:17 PM,
(09-12-2019, 12:11 PM)dude here Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 11:49 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:

A interducation

So, I kind of stumbled on a word to substitute in the first stanza, based on the dictionary, and then the stanza fits right in with what I had for wwwh. I can't say it confirms it, because there are many other ways to interpret it. And I'm not seeing a strong theme that carries throughout the poem like I think there should be.
To many big meaning to them fancey words u use.

09-12-2019, 12:24 PM,
Stanza 1 is very important. You should not treat it as a throwaway stanza. Every line is important in its own right, in my view.

In my interpretation, Stanza 1 relates to a number of different parts of the puzzle. As opposed to other stanzas that may relate to only a single clue.
09-12-2019, 01:01 PM,
I've always wondered why some lines don't have 8 syllables...was it intentional or did he run out of talent? Curiously 2 lines in the 1st stanza have less than 8 syllables.
09-12-2019, 01:36 PM,
(09-12-2019, 01:01 PM)J Smith Wrote: I've always wondered why some lines don't have 8 syllables...was it intentional or did he run out of talent? Curiously 2 lines in the 1st stanza have less than 8 syllables.

One of my solves "fixed" this problem as part of a pretty good solution, but it did not pan out.
09-12-2019, 04:08 PM,
stanza one tells you what 'it' is.
critically important.
09-12-2019, 04:47 PM,

The first stanza of the poem sounds like it describes the end zone.

For my solve, the anagrams for each line in the first stanza describe how to find the blaze and the chest.

I think nobody can find the treasure until those four anagrams are correctly arranged. The anagrams for the other 20 lines of the poem start at wwwh and end up a creek, IMO.
09-12-2019, 07:57 PM,
muset-
I cant imagine the time and dedication that u have invested in an anagram based solution.
Can Fenn really be that clever? Why would he expect a redneck from texas to search? why would he say to keep it simple, get back in the box. Its straightforward, etc.
I know that ur smart, but I just cant see it!
sorry