Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When The End Has Come
11-13-2019, 08:03 PM,
RE: When The End Has Come
(11-13-2019, 07:48 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: First, Forrest did not say that a child could find it. He said that a searcher should show the poem to a child. He said that a three year old girl would need some help.

Second, not only did Forrest say that it would take years, he said that it might be 1000, or 2000 years. One time he said 10,000 years.

Lastly, you’re a poet, a master of ambiguity, yet your solution has you searching Montana or Wyoming, or the high elevations of Colorado.
razyfamily

We will simply have to agree to disagree; because, I believe a child could find it in the first day of reading the poem, it's that simple... The poem is not complex to a child. The complexity comes in the ambiguity. There is a set of simple directions, but also each line represents multiple personal meanings...

Like I said, I could be wrong; but, we're going to find out. The only way you wont see my solve, is if I find it... As I said, I will be posting it in full, every single step by step, if I'm wrong...
11-14-2019, 10:29 PM,
The Truth

This place aride inside alone,
dreaming peace for but a moment.

Yet hate abounds in tears a heart,
quench fear aside from own.

Haste, all remain in so self loathing?
Perhanced to see the depths of ones soul.

Others to often outwardly appeal.
Addictions form self wanting.

Their heart in pain, emotion to play,
through answers I have honed.

True all there is in depth these be,
but one shall never go.

Enriched to which to find from this,
eternally I shall know.

GoldenFrog
11-15-2019, 12:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 03:44 PM by GoldenFrog.)
When The End Has Come
Money's still the root of all evil...
11-15-2019, 10:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 11:12 PM by 5GIRLS.)
No, GF, Money is not the root of all evil. The LOVE of money is that root. 9Book of Timothy - Paul the Apostle) Money is not the root of all evil. The Bible says, "The love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows" (I Timothy 6:10).
11-16-2019, 01:49 AM,
It wasn't the money Forrest hid, it was the art...

As a collector, we are investors... We can enjoy our investments, because, they are tangible. Yet, when something we enjoy greatly increases in value over time, they become a metaphor. They encompass our insight, abilities, and passion.

The TC is not about money, it's about art... It's about history...

This is why he chose the spot...
11-16-2019, 02:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 02:47 PM by GoldenFrog.)
Sometimes bronze can change color through technology...

It's a bit like asking: Is light a wave, or particle?" It's determined by how you observe it...

Fate will write the final stanza...
11-17-2019, 07:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 07:11 PM by Andrew Jef.)
(11-15-2019, 12:57 AM)GoldenFrog Wrote: Money's still the root of all evil...

I disagree. Money is a handy tool, largely due to its portability. But
extremely excessive love of money -- otherwise known as bigtime greed -- is not a good thing. Yes, it's subjective. Have you ever read the book
"The Millionaire Next Door"?

(11-15-2019, 10:12 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: No, GF, Money is not the root of all evil. The LOVE of money is that root. 9Book of Timothy - Paul the Apostle) Money is not the root of all evil. The Bible says, "The love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows" (I Timothy 6:10).

I find the lyrics of "Timothy" kinda disturbing.
11-17-2019, 08:57 PM,
(11-17-2019, 07:10 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: I disagree. Money is a handy tool, largely due to its portability. But
extremely excessive love of money -- otherwise known as bigtime greed -- is not a good thing. Yes, it's subjective.

You are correct, that was my meaning... It is the "love" of money, that brings about pain. Money is a necessity, but, I like enjoying investments. Physical investments are something you can hold and enjoy, like art...

(11-17-2019, 07:10 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: Have you ever read the book
"The Millionaire Next Door"?

I have not...
11-18-2019, 02:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 02:39 AM by GoldenFrog.)
I can't wait to visit this spot; because, it's the kid in me that sparks my interest...

When I see such a work of art, I think back to when I was a kid, and the exploring that ensues... I want a better advantage point, then I will discover the source... Near by the source (I bet you), are some wonderful features, with a view of the natural art... A small little clearing near by, behind the blaze...

It's not a physical challenge, it's courage... We look over fences, and under rocks, do we not?

I don't know that I can "tarry scant." With so little time invested in walking, I may need to sit, and look around for a moment. To appreciate the energy, for just but a moment... If I held Forrest's autobiography in hand, I think I deserve to sit for a moment.... Think about this, you are the only one in the world to hold his autobiography... Don't you think you'd like to take it all in for a second? Sorry to diverge from the poem there Forrest...

The art is more important, then the money... Because, it is our enjoyment, that matters more... We invest in items that we feel will increase in value, but, we invest in items we enjoy... When they do increase, they are to others, as they are to us...

Now, what should be done with his autobiography? I know... I would give it to his family... It's worth as much as the TC... At least to me...
11-18-2019, 05:58 PM,
(11-18-2019, 02:09 AM)GoldenFrog Wrote: I can't wait to visit this spot; because, it's the kid in me that sparks my interest...

When I see such a work of art, I think back to when I was a kid, and the exploring that ensues... I want a better advantage point, then I will discover the source... Near by the source (I bet you), are some wonderful features, with a view of the natural art... A small little clearing near by, behind the blaze...

It's not a physical challenge, it's courage... We look over fences, and under rocks, do we not?

I don't know that I can "tarry scant." With so little time invested in walking, I may need to sit, and look around for a moment. To appreciate the energy, for just but a moment... If I held Forrest's autobiography in hand, I think I deserve to sit for a moment.... Think about this, you are the only one in the world to hold his autobiography... Don't you think you'd like to take it all in for a second? Sorry to diverge from the poem there Forrest...

The art is more important, then the money... Because, it is our enjoyment, that matters more... We invest in items that we feel will increase in value, but, we invest in items we enjoy... When they do increase, they are to others, as they are to us...

Now, what should be done with his autobiography? I know... I would give it to his family... It's worth as much as the TC... At least to me...

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the solve.