Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop sending emails??? Why now??
11-07-2019, 03:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 03:20 PM by PL289.)
Look, I get that he's no spring chicken, but I also believe the only thing keeping ff remotely interested in the chase after all this time is he believes someone is very close (pin pointed) and he's expecting confirmation any day.

Think about it, why else would he feel the need after all this time to 'READ EVERY EMAIL' that still comes to him unless he is fairly certain someone is all over his spot. I think he actually believes someone has it in their possession and is simply waiting for the opportune time to let him know. Should we all expect a Christmas announcement this year on the anniversary of his crash/rescue? Seems appropriate.
------------------------------
Oh! he slips the surly bonds of earth,
To dance the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Flings his eager craft through footless canyons of air
Tops the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where even eagles never flew...
Puts out his hand, to touch the face of God.
11-07-2019, 03:47 PM,
RE: Stop sending emails??? Why now??
yes this was explained on Dal's. he wants the frivolous emails cut down because he still is checking in case someone notifies they have the treasure

in regards to your claim he believes the treasure is found, he wouldn't be telling people the treasure is still where he hid it if he believed that
11-07-2019, 05:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 05:15 PM by PL289.)
May be. YTD thru August 2019, Forrest was writing and Dal was posting on average of less than one scrapbook each month on HoD.

Beginning in August with SB203 on 8/15, and as of today 11/7 we are on SB228. The current average over the last 84 days is more than 2 new scrapbooks per week. At that rate, ff is now pumping out and dal is on pace to publish almost 9 scrapbooks per month.

To me, it's not a matter of what we've been told is going on, its a matter of whats going on that we've not been told? And look, I honestly don't care. Dal could have not posted anything and kept publishing SB (or quit publishing them) and we would all have gone about our merry lives thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas and searching on the side. That's not what happened though, All these SB's are showing up out of nowhere, and in the middle of it all Dal posts (10/25/19) an Editorial about "STOP EMAILING FF USELESS CRAP" (I paraphrase). Again, I don't have a problem with Dal or what Dal does or does not post on his own website. I also do not email ff with any sort of regularity (maybe a few dozen times in six years. But I do find it hard to swallow that the ENTIRE search community is expected to suddenly to stop emailing Forrest at the same time he's being so prolific about putting out SB's.

I don't say all this because I'm perturbed at either or Dal or f. I appreciate the SB and hope Forrest keeps writing for as long as it brings him joy, and as long as Dal is gracious enough to maintain HIS site so we can all benefit from his hobby. I say all this just because it seems a bit ODD (to me) timing-wise and subject-wise. Not to mention the fact that if you tried to go find the Editorial Dal posted last month, it's not prominently displayed anywhere...so it's odd that something so important would end up buried so quickly. Just sayin'

Emailing Forrest?…Please be Considerate…

SUBMITTED OCTOBER 25th, 2019
by DAL

https://dalneitzel.com/wp-content/upload...1A3929.jpg

I recently spent a couple of days with Forrest in Santa Fe. We had an opportunity to chat about many things. First off I want to say that Forrest is in good health but both his hearing and his vision are weakening. Additionally, Peggy is frail. but in good spirits. Forrest spends much of his time caring for and attending to Peggy.

At this point in his life the 200 emails per day that searchers feel compelled to write him are, by and large, a distraction from more important duties. He uses a magnifying glass to read his email. As you can imagine, it takes a significant amount of time to get through email that way.

What Forrest wants…and needs…is to receive fewer emails, from you, from me…from searchers everywhere. Believe it when I say that there are some searchers who write Forrest several times each day…with nothing more than idle chit-chat. He told me that this has become quite tedious.

Other searchers send him their solutions, hoping for a response that will verify or nullify their ideas. Forrest will never answer such emails with remarks that could support or thwart any solution. To do so would be to give the sender information that no one else has. He refuses to do that. So, sending Forrest a solution is pointless.

If you have the chest in your possession, Forrest certainly wants to know that…you can remain anonymous. He has no desire to know who found it. If you find the chest there will be ample ways to prove that you have it without disclosing your identity and Forrest looks forward to that information.

I realize that it is difficult to believe that I am speaking about these things with any authority from Forrest. But Forrest asked me to post this note to everyone in hopes that we would all cut back on sending unimportant email…

In the past Forrest has announced twice that he would be cutting back on responses to email. Those announcements never affected the number of emails he received. This is a third attempt to cut down the number of emails he receives.

It would be easy for him to just hit the delete button on any email he does not want to read…but the problem is…the email he deletes without reading may be important…so he reads most…

The solution to this problem is not for Forrest to read fewer emails…but rather, for us to respect his wishes and send less…self edit…be aware of his need to spend less time at his computer.

I think we can do that…

Sincerely,

-dal
11-07-2019, 08:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 08:33 PM by dude here.)
Usually I think some of you guys are just sharing your wacky theories (e.g. the lead searcher theories and the gut feeling theories).

But it is interesting that he is telling the finder ("if you have the chest in your possession") that he/she can remain anonymous and that he's looking forward to that information.

It's probably nothing to be alarmed about, he probably really does just want to spend less time reading emails with his magnifying glass.

But why would he say that you can remain anonymous? That part really sticks out to me because it's information not needed to be said unless it has been found or there is a good possibility that it has been found.
11-07-2019, 09:32 PM,
why does he even read any of them, and answer the phone?
11-07-2019, 09:46 PM,
And another thing: "He has no desire to know who found it."
Why?
11-07-2019, 11:00 PM,
I don't think it's been found either. But I do think he's telling someone that they have the correct solve, the correct method for solving. No, he doesn't care who finds it he doesn't give out hints to individuals, he gives it out for all to see. It is his perogative to be involved or not be involved. Respect his wishes, leave him alone. If you feel you have to contact him, send him a card with a one sentence statement, n write big.
11-08-2019, 08:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2019, 08:18 AM by dude here.)
(11-07-2019, 10:51 PM)wildfuntear Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 09:46 PM)dude here Wrote: And another thing: "He has no desire to know who found it."
Why?

I think the identity of the finder should remain a secret. But if the
finder wishes to tell us a little bit about him/her self, that might be
welcome info. All after the TC is found, of course. I don't think it
has happened yet.

Right, but going public is different from revealing who you are to Mr F.

He said that the finder can remain anonymous (he/she doesn't need to go public). That's understandable.

But why wouldn't he even have any desire to know, in secret, who found it? I'm surprised by that.

I mean, he's had a desire to meet with a bunch of searchers, publish books and scrapbooks, do interviews, and approve board games, etc. But when it comes to meeting the finder, he doesn't want to?
11-08-2019, 10:35 AM,
(11-08-2019, 08:16 AM)dude here Wrote: But why wouldn't he even have any desire to know, in secret, who found it? I'm surprised by that.

I mean, he's had a desire to meet with a bunch of searchers, publish books and scrapbooks, do interviews, and approve board games, etc. But when it comes to meeting the finder, he doesn't want to?

Maybe he thinks the lead searcher, or searchers, is someone that he has already met.

Also, he may not want to be subpoenaed by the IRS to disgorge the identity of the finder.
11-08-2019, 11:10 AM,
(11-08-2019, 10:35 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 08:16 AM)dude here Wrote: But why wouldn't he even have any desire to know, in secret, who found it? I'm surprised by that.

Maybe he thinks the lead searcher, or searchers, is someone that he has already met.

Also, he may not want to be subpoenaed by the IRS to disgorge the identity of the finder.
That’s a high probability.

razyfamily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Emails that have hints Bet 14 4,718 11-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Last Post: GoldenFrog
  SBs will not stop brubr 5 547 10-15-2019, 10:11 AM
Last Post: fallingrock
  SB's will stop 5GIRLS 15 1,098 10-14-2019, 07:47 PM
Last Post: fallingrock
  chase chat emails boomergirl 0 1,221 02-27-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: boomergirl