Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop sending emails??? Why now??
11-08-2019, 01:56 PM,
RE: Stop sending emails??? Why now??
But the problem is...the email he deletes without reading may be important..." is pretty telling.
11-08-2019, 03:03 PM,
(11-07-2019, 03:18 PM)PL289 Wrote: Look, I get that he's no spring chicken, but I also believe the only thing keeping ff remotely interested in the chase after all this time is he believes someone is very close (pin pointed) and he's expecting confirmation any day.

Think about it, why else would he feel the need after all this time to 'READ EVERY EMAIL' that still comes to him unless he is fairly certain someone is all over his spot. I think he actually believes someone has it in their possession and is simply waiting for the opportune time to let him know. Should we all expect a Christmas announcement this year on the anniversary of his crash/rescue? Seems appropriate.
--- I doubt its because he thinks someone is very close. or has possession. Just imagine the amount of pointless emails he gets on the daily. He's hinted, nicely, in the past for ppl to lay off with the nonsense. That fact he has to read every email should be comforting to us that the chase is valid, a treasure exsists, and it's still out there. I think i posted this link before, but from about the 4:05 minute mark to 5:25 is probably exactly what Forrest deals with nonstop.
https://youtu.be/-iU-qoG9Upg
11-08-2019, 04:08 PM,
(11-08-2019, 03:03 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: I think i posted this link before, but from about the 4:05 minute mark to 5:25 is probably exactly what Forrest deals with nonstop.

LOL

I must have missed your link before. The primary reason I have been in the Chase for the past 6 years is due to my utter failure at solving Masquerade back in the day.

From the video you posted, it is now apparent that the postcard I got from Kit Williams was rare indeed. I don't know how he had time to read my one small attempt at guessing the location. My guess apparently amused him enough to send the postcard, which the US publisher said was a rare event. However, I was hundreds of miles off and had overlooked a couple of key clues.

He had committed to looking at all guesses from outside Britain so that people did not have to travel to Britain to see if they were right. That's partly why he sold (apparently) 1.5 million books (domestic and internationally) for a prize that was theoretically worth 5,000 British pounds. The book itself, of course, was entertaining in its own right.

Thanks for a trip down memory lane!
11-08-2019, 06:02 PM,
BT, having participated in Masquerade and seen the solve then you know in bindsigbt tbat he used a method with the two body parts pointing to the edge of paintings and letters/numbers/#'s. Fenn has done something a bit different. He picked a location that mirrored his feelings and it just so happened to have an attribute/theme. This attribute/theme he has utilized with the skill of a samurai word Smith yet it also made it easy for him to disguise his hints. He has used all parts of the book: words, drawings, cover and pictures. He has camouflaged hints in his ATF comments many many times in different ways: name meanings, metaphor, idioms and just plain ole English also., I will say again that the first two lines hold sooo much and line 3 holds the answer to where it is hidden imo. It truly is an amazing piece of work, the whole body of it, I mean. The location has the why, the theme, tbe humor and a marvel gaze. BT, in my 1st sentence I hid a huge clue to location. I'm no genius and it was easy to come up with. He designed it that way. Who would want to struggle year afyer year coming up with clever SB's (228) and QA's to hint if it wasn't easy? Synchronicity played it's part.
11-08-2019, 08:06 PM,
(11-08-2019, 04:08 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 03:03 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: I think i posted this link before, but from about the 4:05 minute mark to 5:25 is probably exactly what Forrest deals with nonstop.

LOL

I must have missed your link before. The primary reason I have been in the Chase for the past 6 years is due to my utter failure at solving Masquerade back in the day.

From the video you posted, it is now apparent that the postcard I got from Kit Williams was rare indeed. I don't know how he had time to read my one small attempt at guessing the location. My guess apparently amused him enough to send the postcard, which the US publisher said was a rare event. However, I was hundreds of miles off and had overlooked a couple of key clues.

He had committed to looking at all guesses from outside Britain so that people did not have to travel to Britain to see if they were right. That's partly why he sold (apparently) 1.5 million books (domestic and internationally) for a prize that was theoretically worth 5,000 British pounds. The book itself, of course, was entertaining in its own right.

Thanks for a trip down memory lane!
Very cool that Kit would take the time to write you back with the amount of mail he was recieving. Also very cool that you were trying to solve that treasure hunt, Beavertooth. Your treasure hunting roots go deep.
11-08-2019, 08:39 PM,
Seeker, thanks for the link. I have not seen this before n thoroughly enjoyed all the series on Kit. Thank you.
11-08-2019, 08:51 PM,
Right on 5G. I enjoyed the series on him also.
11-09-2019, 01:05 PM,
I should have read the book, Masquerade before looking up the solution. Just to think about it, see how far off my thinking would have been Smile That would have been a good exercise and probably a big help for this hunt.
--I was listening to a pro treasure hunter talk, and he was strummimg a guitar and talking about music. He started playing a few chords from a famous song, and then he changed the speed of those same chords and started playing a completely diffrent famous song. He went on to say that he found the same kind of thing in treasure hunts. Some repetition, but played at diffrent speeds.
11-09-2019, 05:55 PM,
One interesting thing about this treasure hunt is that the author kept on publishing more and more information afterwards (new books, Q&A's, Scrapbooks, interviews, etc.).

For almost all of us in the searcher community, the additional materials seemed to open up more rabbit holes and more connections to either provide unrealistic confirmation bias, or to provide new -- but not necessarily correct -- directions to chase. An amazing case of information overload.

My strong recommendation to searchers is to focus on TTOTC and the poem -- there is enough there to solve the clues, in my opinion. But I would not use a magnifying glass on TTOTC, or tear it up to reconfigure it. I just don't think that is how Forrest would hide any hints.
11-09-2019, 06:57 PM,
(11-09-2019, 05:55 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: .
My strong recommendation to searchers is to focus on TTOTC and the poem -- there is enough there to solve the clues, in my opinion. But I would not use a magnifying glass on TTOTC, or tear it up to reconfigure it. I just don't think that is how Forrest would hide any hints.

Correct, only the poem and the TTOTC will lead you to the TC. The only thing hints since will assist in, is confirming you're right.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Emails that have hints Bet 14 4,718 11-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Last Post: GoldenFrog
  SBs will not stop brubr 5 547 10-15-2019, 10:11 AM
Last Post: fallingrock
  SB's will stop 5GIRLS 15 1,100 10-14-2019, 07:47 PM
Last Post: fallingrock
  chase chat emails boomergirl 0 1,221 02-27-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: boomergirl
  Long Emails jdigginsz 8 2,865 10-08-2017, 12:16 AM
Last Post: jdigginsz