Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just take the chest and go in peace
11-08-2019, 02:19 AM,
Just take the chest and go in peace
The poem says:

". . .
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.
. . . "

If you are hiking (walking, standing) and you look quickly down, you
will probably see your own chest, even if it is in peripheral vision.

So might "the chest" be referring to your own chest, instead of the
bronze one? I sure hope not.

If you go (that is, exit the location) in peace, of course you'd be bringing
your chest with you . . . unless "go" means "die".
11-08-2019, 02:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2019, 02:38 AM by GoldenFrog.)
RE: Just take the chest and go in peace
(11-08-2019, 02:19 AM)legacyhelper Wrote: So might "the chest" be referring to your own chest, instead of the

To consider that, would be calling Forrest a liar. You don't accuse a gentlemen such as him, of that... Call him anything else in the world you'd like to; but, a liar he is not...
3 hours ago,
RE: Just take the chest and go in peace
(11-08-2019, 02:38 AM)GoldenFrog Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 02:19 AM)legacyhelper Wrote: So might "the chest" be referring to your own chest, instead of the

To consider that, would be calling Forrest a liar. You don't accuse a gentlemen such as him, of that... Call him anything else in the world you'd like to; but, a liar he is not...

I asked a question. That's not the same as calling someone a liar. A question merely
inquires regarding what is the case/situation/truth.

Most living humans lie (at one time or another). A fib, technically, is a lie. So is a
thing that is commonly called "a little white lie".

Here's another question: Didn't Fenn write something indicating that he "embellishes", or has a tendency, in his writing(s), to "embellish"? We may be expected to forgive/ignore lies that are relatively inconsequential. But is this always the best idea? What is relatively inconsequential to one person may not be to another.

If someone states something that is not true, and the statement is clearly not expressed as a guess or opinion, then the statement may well be a lie. I don't approve of this. But it's not the worst thing to do, and in many cases, a lie does deserve to be forgiven if it's not very harmful. For example, a "little white lie" is
sometimes told in order to spare someone the experience of having their feelings
hurt.

And by the way, "considering" something is not necessarily the same as (or equivalent to) calling someone a liar. Calling someone a liar suggests/implies to me a statement or claim, rather than a question. Considering something, to me, is pretty much the same as trying to decide regarding something (such as a question or choice).

It wasn't (and isn't) my intention to push your buttons (offend you). You seem eager
to leap to the defense of FF and/or his reputation.

I'm not on a crusade to portray FF as a generally dishonest person. My main efforts in this treasure hunt are intended to determine, very precisely, where to search for the trove, with a very high degree of confidence that my solving and searching effort(s)
will be financially rewarding to me.

Okay, I think I've been long-winded enough for now. Please respond if you want to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just take the chest and go in peace? Mack 44 18,334 09-30-2019, 01:39 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Peace will197532 5 2,216 04-28-2018, 03:08 PM
Last Post: admin
  Going in peace. Itchy Ideas 4 2,373 09-25-2017, 09:11 AM
Last Post: old drum
  Just take the chest and go in peace Gilagin 10 2,266 03-10-2017, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Gilagin
  Take the Chest and Go in Peace.... glock20 0 1,278 05-16-2016, 11:18 AM
Last Post: glock20