Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, many of you think that Forrest designed his treasure hunt...
11-11-2019, 10:58 AM,
...after other treasure hunts like masquerade or fandango.

Is that it? You think that knowing about those treasure hunts gives you an advantage in The Thrill of the Chase?

razyfamily
11-11-2019, 11:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2019, 12:05 PM by Beavertooth.)
RE: So, many of you think that Forrest designed his treasure hunt...
Absolutely not. He designed it the way he thinks. From his own perspective.

I would not recommend spending any time looking at other armchair treasure hunts. If Forrest was aware of them, I am sure he tried to be different from them, and not "derivative".

Trying to solve them, or looking at a cheat-sheet solution, isn't really going to help much either, IMO.

YMMV
11-11-2019, 04:21 PM,
I haven't looked into other treasure hunts. But it might be a good idea.
One of the great mysteries of this hunt is that we don't really know how to solve it, and yet a vast majority of searchers are using the same method.
11-11-2019, 05:55 PM,
The end is ever drawing nigh. It's all written in Fennish.
11-12-2019, 01:37 PM,
I dont think FF designed his hunt after Masquerade, or other hunts. If anything he may have studied a hunt like Masquersde and learned valuable info, and if he didn't study, or know about Masquerade, then their could definitely be similarities. Kit and Forrest are diffrent guys but they are crafty and clever in slimilar ways.
---Beavertooth, by any chance do you remember how you first learned about Masquerade ? Im wondering what kind of marketing it had in America.
11-12-2019, 03:26 PM,
(11-12-2019, 01:37 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: I dont think FF designed his hunt after Masquerade, or other hunts. If anything he may have studied a hunt like Masquersde and learned valuable info, and if he didn't study, or know about Masquerade, then their could definitely be similarities. Kit and Forrest are diffrent guys but they are crafty and clever in slimilar ways.
---Beavertooth, by any chance do you remember how you first learned about Masquerade ? Im wondering what kind of marketing it had in America.

I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, much less something from 40 years ago. It was probably some mention in a magazine or newspaper, or perhaps on TV. Most likely it was a news item, not any sort of advertising.

I became aware of Forrest's treasure from reading the Hemispheres magazine article while on a United flight.
11-12-2019, 05:48 PM,
the meaning of your title changes when you read the rest of the post

i thought at first you were questioning if f actually designed his treasure hunt

i got a message one time from someone who seemed very convinced and he said it as if he had personal knowledge, that the person who posts as Astree was someone who designs puzzles and was hired by Forrest to design the poem and clues

i asked f directly about it, and he said it was definitely not the case
11-13-2019, 08:41 AM,
(11-12-2019, 05:48 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: the meaning of your title changes when you read the rest of the post

i thought at first you were questioning if f actually designed his treasure hunt

i got a message one time from someone who seemed very convinced and he said it as if he had personal knowledge, that the person who posts as Astree was someone who designs puzzles and was hired by Forrest to design the poem and clues

i asked f directly about it, and he said it was definitely not the case

That’s pretty funny. I just try to understand what searchers are doing. There seems to be a number of people with a similar approach and I wonder where it comes from.

When Forrest says things like, it doesn’t help to stretch a tangent, it makes me think that someone has discovered the search area or some of the clues and they overlap with something else that is not part of the chase. But the searcher has become focused on the tangent.

razyfamily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As the Fenn treasure hunt "winds down" wildfuntear 6 641 07-06-2020, 02:57 AM
Last Post: wildfuntear
  Suggested text for Forrest to use (next hunt) wildfuntear 1 361 06-20-2020, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Chicago treasure hunter claims she found the legendary ‘Forrest Fenn Treasure’ ravenhome777 11 895 06-18-2020, 12:25 PM
Last Post: admin
  The greatest treasure hunt ever? legacyhelper 1 147 06-17-2020, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Salamander7868
  Forrest Fenn Still Offering No Proof Treasure Was Found total1ty 12 879 06-16-2020, 07:04 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Dal going to Forrest's house to video the Treasure Chest admin 37 2,800 06-13-2020, 03:45 PM
Last Post: admin