Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing personal, it’s money. SB236
11-19-2019, 08:28 AM,
Other blog’s bloggers seem to think that Forrest is calling for the lead searcher to do it for the money. It’s not about love of art, it’s about money.

I suppose that means that they didn’t believe Forrest when he said this was deeply personal to him. Now it’s all about money? No, this is Forrest’s art. He’s probably laughing his ass off at us.

https://dalneitzel.com/2019/11/18/scrapb...hirty-six/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
11-19-2019, 08:38 AM,
RE: Nothing personal, it’s money. SB236
(11-19-2019, 08:28 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Other blog’s bloggers seem to think that Forrest is calling for the lead searcher to do it for the money. It’s not about love of art, it’s about money.

I suppose that means that they didn’t believe Forrest when he said this was deeply personal to him. Now it’s all about money? No, this is Forrest’s art. He’s probably laughing his ass off at us.

I have to say, I'm a little confused about this SB this morning. He's said many times he's purchases items he thought were beautiful, even paying too much for them.

What do you get from his words here?
11-19-2019, 09:08 AM,
No confusion here. He comes right out and says it: "I always give Righters something they can use."
11-19-2019, 09:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2019, 10:55 AM by crazyfamily.)
Forrest only allowed a small portion of items from the gallery into his personal collection, but he’s always said things like books and art are meant to be enjoyed, not revered or worshipped. He has no problem letting them go to someone else, especially when there’s big bucks involved. He has a nice prehistoric pot in his collection without a nick in it and he’ll quickly sell it to you for $65,000. Until then, he loves that pot.

I think the dichotomy of the chase is that Forrest has done this thing that is deeply personal to him; he filled a box with lots of gold to entice people to go look for it and is sitting back watching us scurry around like little, greedy children.

But I don’t think the chest is the thing that is deeply personal. He filled the chest, mostly, with things that he bought at gun and knife shows. There are a few interesting historical artifacts(jewelry) but the majority of the treasure is there to entice people to go look for it. To him, the chest is just money, money that will last through the centuries like the bronze chest. IMO, there is something more where the chest is hidden. Forrest collected bottle caps and arrowheads...things that you can pick up off the ground - garbage. He said what’s wrong with picking up a piece of concrete from the Twin Towers, all the bodies are gone. I get where he’s coming from. That was history right before our eyes and picking up a piece of the towers is holding history in your hands. Holding a mammoth tusk fragment in your hands connects you to 50,000 years of history. It’s very cerebral. The chest is just money, and some people aren’t so interested in money. Maybe Forrest doesn’t understand this, and maybe it’s a big joke on all of us.

Forrest has millions of dollars of artifacts and art all over his walls, but the things in his vault are more personally significant items. Some of those things in the vault have no monetary value at all.

razyfamily
11-19-2019, 10:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2019, 10:34 AM by Top Secret.)
I think that is the one thing Fenn miscalculated. Money doesn’t mean as
Much to those who have it. Money doesn’t mean much to those who do this as a personal challenge. He thought the one that solved it would scream from the rafters for all to hear.

From the way things are playing out. The finder is not motivated by money or ego. A rare personal trait. So the lead dog finder won’t do it for money or ego like Fenn’s art business.

The call of the wild was made and then the finder left in a wirlwind to attend to other more important things. Fenn understands that now. it is now left for all that remain to figure out. Maybe this time Fenn make WON’T make it personal and won’t mess with the next Solver.
11-19-2019, 10:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2019, 10:47 AM by Seeker9.)
FF commented in the comment section and said Dal is putting the scrapbooks out the same day he receives them, and to stay tuned for the "Spanish Bowl". Cant wait for that!
11-19-2019, 11:14 AM,
(11-19-2019, 10:46 AM)Seeker9 Wrote: FF commented in the comment section and said Dal is putting the scrapbooks out the same day he receives them, and to stay tuned for the "Spanish Bowl". Cant wait for that!

Spanish bowl? Wasn’t that played last night between the Chargers and the Chiefs? Chase like names
11-19-2019, 11:43 AM,
Lol Top. Good call!
11-20-2019, 03:00 AM,
(11-19-2019, 09:08 AM)5GIRLS Wrote: No confusion here. He comes right out and says it: "I always give Righters something they can use."

No my dear, he said "writers." But, you're right... He gives them something they can use; because, I know what he really thinks of art...

"MANY OF THE OBJECTS IN MY COLLECTION ARE SIGNIFICANT IN A VERY SMALL DEPICTION OF WORLD HISTORY. MOST ARE MORE INTERESTING THAN THEY ARE IMPORTANT. NEVERTHELESS, IT IS NECESSARY FOR ME TO REMEMBER THAT EACH PIECE REPRESENTS WHO WE ONCE WERE IN A TIME THAT USED TO BE, AND THAT I WILL NEVER BE ANYTHING MORE THAN ITS TEMPORARY CUSTODIAN." by forrest fenn
12-01-2019, 06:46 PM,
(11-19-2019, 09:09 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Forrest only allowed a small portion of items from the gallery into his personal collection, but he’s always said things like books and art are meant to be enjoyed, not revered or worshipped. He has no problem letting them go to someone else, especially when there’s big bucks involved. He has a nice prehistoric pot in his collection without a nick in it and he’ll quickly sell it to you for $65,000. Until then, he loves that pot.

I think the dichotomy of the chase is that Forrest has done this thing that is deeply personal to him; he filled a box with lots of gold to entice people to go look for it and is sitting back watching us scurry around like little, greedy children.

But I don’t think the chest is the thing that is deeply personal. He filled the chest, mostly, with things that he bought at gun and knife shows. There are a few interesting historical artifacts(jewelry) but the majority of the treasure is there to entice people to go look for it. To him, the chest is just money, money that will last through the centuries like the bronze chest. IMO, there is something more where the chest is hidden. Forrest collected bottle caps and arrowheads...things that you can pick up off the ground - garbage. He said what’s wrong with picking up a piece of concrete from the Twin Towers, all the bodies are gone. I get where he’s coming from. That was history right before our eyes and picking up a piece of the towers is holding history in your hands. Holding a mammoth tusk fragment in your hands connects you to 50,000 years of history. It’s very cerebral. The chest is just money, and some people aren’t so interested in money. Maybe Forrest doesn’t understand this, and maybe it’s a big joke on all of us.

Forrest has millions of dollars of artifacts and art all over his walls, but the things in his vault are more personally significant items. Some of those things in the vault have no monetary value at all.

razyfamily

In 89 words or less, what's your point?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SB 220 Personal Note Daniel A 12 1,532 10-31-2019, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Wesley_Coldwell
  The Chase, its too personal 93cruiser 7 1,393 01-20-2019, 09:26 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Buy a Personal Locator Beacon (PLB)! pconnors 31 20,078 07-19-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Money or ? timrawa 2 1,807 06-26-2016, 08:31 PM
Last Post: horsethief