Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing personal, it’s money. SB236
12-01-2019, 06:46 PM,
RE: Nothing personal, it’s money. SB236
(11-19-2019, 09:09 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Forrest only allowed a small portion of items from the gallery into his personal collection, but he’s always said things like books and art are meant to be enjoyed, not revered or worshipped. He has no problem letting them go to someone else, especially when there’s big bucks involved. He has a nice prehistoric pot in his collection without a nick in it and he’ll quickly sell it to you for $65,000. Until then, he loves that pot.

I think the dichotomy of the chase is that Forrest has done this thing that is deeply personal to him; he filled a box with lots of gold to entice people to go look for it and is sitting back watching us scurry around like little, greedy children.

But I don’t think the chest is the thing that is deeply personal. He filled the chest, mostly, with things that he bought at gun and knife shows. There are a few interesting historical artifacts(jewelry) but the majority of the treasure is there to entice people to go look for it. To him, the chest is just money, money that will last through the centuries like the bronze chest. IMO, there is something more where the chest is hidden. Forrest collected bottle caps and arrowheads...things that you can pick up off the ground - garbage. He said what’s wrong with picking up a piece of concrete from the Twin Towers, all the bodies are gone. I get where he’s coming from. That was history right before our eyes and picking up a piece of the towers is holding history in your hands. Holding a mammoth tusk fragment in your hands connects you to 50,000 years of history. It’s very cerebral. The chest is just money, and some people aren’t so interested in money. Maybe Forrest doesn’t understand this, and maybe it’s a big joke on all of us.

Forrest has millions of dollars of artifacts and art all over his walls, but the things in his vault are more personally significant items. Some of those things in the vault have no monetary value at all.

razyfamily

In 89 words or less, what's your point?
12-01-2019, 07:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 07:17 PM by crazyfamily.)
Nothing personal, it’s money. SB236
(12-01-2019, 06:46 PM)wildfuntear Wrote: In 89 words or less, what's your point?

(11-19-2019, 08:38 AM)GoldenFrog Wrote: I have to say, I'm a little confused about this SB this morning. He's said many times he's purchases items he thought were beautiful, even paying too much for them.

What do you get from his words here?

razyfamily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SB 220 Personal Note Daniel A 12 1,498 10-31-2019, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Wesley_Coldwell
  The Chase, its too personal 93cruiser 7 1,383 01-20-2019, 09:26 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Buy a Personal Locator Beacon (PLB)! pconnors 31 20,005 07-19-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Money or ? timrawa 2 1,799 06-26-2016, 08:31 PM
Last Post: horsethief