Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sam the squirrel
12-29-2019, 10:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2019, 10:34 PM by Chris Yates.)
RE: sam the squirrel
i have sad news everyone

received an email this morning from Sam's parents

said they found him with his head in the oven at a rakish angle and the gas turned on

this tragedy weighed heavily on me for about 4.5 hours today

i think many of us are frequently within INches of death though we may not realize it

suffice it to say, there will be no thoughts flying

through my head about treasure hidden in the Rocky

mountains for awhile
12-30-2019, 12:38 AM,
(12-29-2019, 10:32 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: i have sad news everyone

said they found him with his head in the oven at a rakish angle and the gas turned on

i think many of us are frequently within INches of death though we may not realize it

mountains for awhile

RIP, Sam

I buried (hid) a handful of acorns in memory of Sam today. Perhaps one of his relatives will find them.
12-30-2019, 01:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 01:11 AM by Chris Yates.)
(12-30-2019, 12:38 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 10:32 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: i have sad news everyone

mountains for awhile

RIP, Sam

I buried (hid) a handful of acorns in memory of Sam today. Perhaps one of his relatives will find them.

speaking of burying acorns, Forrest wrote a semi-autobiographical book wherein he claims to have buried bells and jars

it makes me realize we are not alone, and life is not experienced in a vacuum
12-31-2019, 08:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-31-2019, 11:18 AM by astree.)
(12-30-2019, 12:38 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: I buried (hid) a handful of acorns ...

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vecto...-795781762
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
12-31-2019, 04:06 PM,
f doesn't mention vacuum in ttotc, but he does mention bells and jars

the other mentions of vacuum i found are

"My foundry equipment was homemade. I powered the melting furnace with a vacuum cleaner motor ...."

and SB 224 titled "Three Sevens and a Vacuum Cleaner"

curiously, this is is in the story "They locked the doors, taped up the cracks..."

RIP Sam
01-09-2020, 07:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 04:24 PM by Chris Yates.)
Sam said he was listening to that when parked with some homely squirrel who was looking to lose her maiden hood

he said he also likes the song where fergie mentions the year 3008

he said that was the night when he realized the combination to unlocking the poem was 9-10-10
01-10-2020, 04:57 PM,
got a pleasant email from Kevin the squirrel, who was a friend of Sam's

he shared an idea with me that he said i could talk about on CC

he said that the poem mentions waters halt and the cold because there is something important about the first clue being difficult and the water being hard

i replied, sounds like you might be onto something there

then he asked me, is there a limit to how cold water can get?

i said, i don't know Kevin, but i could look into it

he said that he tried finding the answer to this question already, and has struggled with it for a long time. and its gotten to the point where he's feeling the weight of the cold

i think he was trying to be philosophical there

anyway, i didn't know how to help so i just replied, maybe look back in the poem for a hintt in the title?
01-13-2020, 08:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 08:26 PM by Chris Yates.)
i remember one time Sam told me this story

and i don't think it was a true story, but this is what he said

he was hiking through the wilderness and runs into ol' beelzebub his self

so he says, hey satan, what's hangin?

and the devil says, my belly

and Sam says, yeah looks like you've put on some extra w-eight

and the devil says, i've gotten into this bad habit of eatin all kinds of chips and nuts and other kinds of snacks late at night. and now its startin to show

the devil continues, hey aren't you the one lookin for that Fenn trove? i'll give you a big hint i bet you don't already know. it isn't an accident that Fenn keeps mentioning the w-eight of the treasure and the chest. If someone figures that treasure location, they're gonna know the w-eight of that treasure also.

Sam just stands there blinking his eyes, like he just heard something really pro-found

the devil says, now don't just go runnin' off like this is going to get you near the treasure. remember, this is the devil you're talkin to, and there may not be an ounce of truth in what i'm tellin you

this got Sam somewhat irate and he shouted, what? you tell me something pro-found and then say but maybe i'm lying!? this renders it all meaningless!

at this, the devil laughed out loud, walked away 6 feet, then continued walking away while laughing and laughing

it seemed to echo though the forest even aftoer he'd gone

Sam just stood there. wondering what it all meant.

(good story right?)
04-10-2020, 10:57 PM,
(01-09-2020, 07:44 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: Sam said he was listening to that when parked with some homely squirrel who was looking to lose her maiden hood

he said he also likes the song where fergie mentions the year 3008

he said that was the night when he realized the combination to unlocking the poem was 9-10-10

I realize that probably not many children are reading this blog (and more
specifically this thread). But I believe that you should think that maybe
they are. I hope you understand.
04-11-2020, 12:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2020, 12:52 AM by Chris Yates.)
Kevin the squirrel told me he took that "canyon down" one time and it was real cold

the temperature read like 6 point something celsius on his gauge

thats like 40 something degrees fahrenheit i think

yikes. think i'll stay away from that "canyon down"