Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The only time he mentions him using a flashlight?
12-02-2019, 03:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 03:38 AM by thrilledtochase.)
So far as I can tell, Forrest only mentions his own personal use of a flashlight one time. Going into an underground bunker. He also mentions bringing a sandwich and a flashlight and gloves in a separate instance. Here’s where I have a question. Has he mentioned bringing a friend but leaving them behind?
12-02-2019, 08:04 AM,
I remember him saying that in an interview, but sorry I can’t remember which one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
12-02-2019, 08:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 08:22 AM by crazyfamily.)
“If you have a searching partner, best to have them wait in the car. f”

razyfamily

I believe the “flashlight and a sandwich” was a suggestion of what searchers should bring. He also said that those are definitely not clues.

razyfamily
12-02-2019, 03:58 PM,
RE: The only time he mentions him using a flashlight?
in answering a question about if you can see the blaze during the day without a flashlight

f's answer referenced being in a dark cave and needing a flashlight. though he said you won't need a flashlight to see the blaze

i think sandwich connects to hawaii. there are all kinds of hawaii hints

the word shone goes vertically up right through where you see the letters for "sandwi" in the poem

shone is connecting to rain / night (or nite)

another thing about flashlight, left side of stanza 4 hints at quickly/barry

barry allen is the flash

if we wanted to try and shortcut the poem, we might look for another place where its raining at night

but shortcuts can lead to being strung up on a tree with a twisted rope around our necks

hopefully some nice gentlemen will come by, say aloha! and cut us down
12-02-2019, 09:24 PM,
(12-02-2019, 03:58 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: in answering a question about if you can see the blaze during the day without a flashlight

f's answer referenced being in a dark cave and needing a flashlight. though he said you won't need a flashlight to see the blaze

the word shone goes vertically up right through where you see the letters for "sandwi" in the poem

barry allen is the flash

if we wanted to try and shortcut the poem, we might look for another place where its raining at night

but shortcuts can lead to being strung up on a tree with a twisted rope around our necks

You think the solver has sumthin to do with Hawaii?
12-02-2019, 10:40 PM,
(12-02-2019, 03:58 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: in answering a question about if you can see the blaze during the day without a flashlight

barry allen is the flash

Sandwich is the only reference I have heard... Would you mind sharing what other Hawaii references there are?
12-02-2019, 11:52 PM,
Hawaii supposedly has a mountain that gets more rainfall than any other place on earth.

Since rain has been mentioned quite a bit in Forrest's writings, there may be a hint in all of this.

Y'all could pursue this line of thinking, or you could watch a talking heads show on TV, or dew any of a
bunch of baker's dozens of baker's dozens of other things, like wondering how Moose Drool Brown Ale got its name.
12-03-2019, 12:34 AM,
This forum: General Discussion, bottom of page: search: "Hawaii", enter, read.
12-03-2019, 01:09 AM,
Look at the bottom of this page for earlier threads about this topic.

Also, someone may be thinking of the Sandwich Islands (named by Captain Cook) = Hawaii.

Also, I believe that searchers who parse letters out of the poem have ferreted out Hawaii. For example, Chris Yates likes to put the poem in a grid structure, and then attempts to find hidden words, phrases, and meanings out of the grid (by reading letters diagonally, backwards, etc). Either Chris or someone else stumbled on to some pattern of letters supporting "Hawaii" in the past. It might have been Astree, who also looks for patterns of letters and meanings in different ways (see the Codes and Ciphers thread).
12-03-2019, 02:01 AM,
(12-03-2019, 01:09 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: Look at the bottom of this page for earlier threads about this topic.

Also, someone may be thinking of the Sandwich Islands (named by Captain Cook) = Hawaii.

Also, I believe that searchers who parse letters out of the poem have ferreted out Hawaii. For example, Chris Yates likes to put the poem in a grid structure, and then attempts to find hidden words, phrases, and meanings out of the grid (by reading letters diagonally, backwards, etc). Either Chris or someone else stumbled on to some pattern of letters supporting "Hawaii" in the past. It might have been Astree, who also looks for patterns of letters and meanings in different ways (see the Codes and Ciphers thread).

Not too much talk of underground bunkers on this site. I tried to think “well Fenn said bring a flashlight” and I looked for when Fenn used a flashlight in his writings. It’s a rarity. The only instance I could find was the bunker...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sandwich/Flashlight/Teeth/Friend/Car running Riddlemethat 4 723 03-27-2019, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  A Flashlight, A Blaze and a gut feeling walk into a bar... monkeyking 4 2,097 08-01-2018, 02:16 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Take a sandwich and a flashlight Gilagin 16 5,099 04-22-2018, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Gilagin
  Sandwich and a Flashlight Quack Quack 2 1,310 04-18-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Quack Quack
  Flashlight and a Sandwich GoneAlone 6 4,053 08-11-2017, 04:53 AM
Last Post: EnigmaticThree
  For those searching at night (flashlight suggestion) Andrew Jef 14 3,447 03-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth