Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry Christmas to FF n Everyone
12-31-2019, 06:25 AM,
RE: Merry Christmas to FF n Everyone
@BT
Extremely allergic to Deet; actually swell up, turn beet-red and on fire. That is why I use Skin-So-Soft. Ice works on bites to relieve itching; by that time the bite has caused the infection. It's just frustrating; many showers to try and reduce the flora and fauna levels. I must say though that not all bites will cause me problems but when they do...
@5Gs
I can sit on a chair now as the bite area is in final crystallization and the scab is forming. It is itching but healing fine. The scar will be about 2" diameter.
On the road in a a couple of hours; my niece is in serious condition in the hospital. I am going to Ruby Memorial in Morgantown, WV (down behind the WVU Football Stadium) to try to cheer her up. I will need to drive a bit out of the way to get to Kentucky but feel it is necessary. My niece, her husband and their two adopted children were broad-sided by a semi-truck that ran a red light. The Chevy Blazer is now a U-shape. She's still in surgery (they haven't called me yet) as I sit here worrying; it happened around three pm yesterday. It took three hours to get the helicopter life flight to scene. The one boy has minor injuries and the other boy seems fine. The police had to restrain the husband from killing the driver of the semi after the life flight left. Sorry about the bandwidth usage; am upset as she is my favorite niece...
just saying ss
12-31-2019, 08:22 AM,
I am so sorry Steve. I pray that your family is comforted through this difficult time.
12-31-2019, 10:01 AM,
(12-31-2019, 08:22 AM)Daniel A Wrote: I am so sorry Steve. I pray that your family is comforted through this difficult time.
Ditto. Drive safely, EOS, prayers for your neice to swift recovery
01-01-2020, 12:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2020, 12:05 AM by Beavertooth.)
Adding my prayers also.

(12-31-2019, 06:25 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @BT
Extremely allergic to Deet; actually swell up, turn beet-red and on fire. That is why I use Skin-So-Soft. Ice works on bites to relieve itching; by that time the bite has caused the infection. It's just frustrating; many showers to try and reduce the flora and fauna levels. I must say though that not all bites will cause me problems but when they do...

On several trips to Africa, I soaked a lot of clothes in permethrin, plus bought commercially available clothes pre-treated with permethrin (including hat and bandana/scarf). Don't know if that is an option for you.
01-01-2020, 01:33 PM,
(12-30-2019, 12:09 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @Gilagin
I need to try that on the bites, thanks. I have not heard that before; I usually use skin so soft to repel.

easternOHsteve, many years ago I rubbed Asercream on my the sore arm muscles where I just happen to have a mosquito bite that was driving me crazy. Within a half-hour, I noticed it was not itching anymore. By the next morning, the bite seemed to have dried up a bit. I rubbed a bit more onto the bite and by that evening it had totally dried up. I've been using it ever since. It also works on little infections such as pimples. Our home is never without a tube.

I wrote the manufacturer that their product had multiple uses that if marketed properly would increase their net profits without research cost for a new product. I wrote the letter without letting the cat out of the bag hoping I could get a finder's fee. They would not have any of it! Their loss!

Good Luck!
01-01-2020, 04:35 PM,
I tried that with Dr. Pepper for a competitor for any of the pick me up drinks. They think they no it all. lol
01-02-2020, 10:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 10:16 AM by Gilagin.)
To all who were interested in Mosquito bite relief, I had already mentioned that I used Aspercream; please note that if you plan on using it yourself, make sure you buy Aspercream, not Asperncream!

Gilagin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  And a Merry Christmas to all CLOUDFOOT 6 1,124 12-25-2018, 02:49 PM
Last Post: CLOUDFOOT
  Christmas 2017 foreverinlovewiththeislandgirl 0 847 11-21-2017, 03:48 PM
Last Post: foreverinlovewiththeislandgirl
  Merry Christmas to all !!!! Windy City 9 3,624 12-25-2016, 10:40 PM
Last Post: wishiIwasRich
Star Christmas eve jamesbrohamalambage 17 10,086 12-27-2015, 02:21 AM
Last Post: deb
  Merry Christmas searchers. Windy City 5 3,256 12-26-2015, 12:59 AM