Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The poem fits several places...
12-22-2019, 02:45 AM,
The poem fits several places...
Reading the bashing of multi location solves and I just had to write something for someone out there. As far as I can tell there are at least two places where Fenn has found the poem to fit. The two locations are encoded in the book “Too Far to Walk”. I would say I am mediocre at best at puzzles. What I am good at is research. It didn’t take me more than an hour of reading the book to find at least two spots that Fenn refers to as portals. There may easily be more which I totally overlooked. This is further corroborated by Vignettes and Scrapbooks. If this sounds unreasonable, why does Fenn mention portals more than once?

I have been able to predict what would be found on one end of the portal, while the other side of the portal I would never dare to look on. It’s a holy site and I have my limits of things I would do for money. Many Fenn searchers have some of the same information and values as me. There’s tons of Fenn searchers walking the borders of one of the space portals, and as far as I could tell they were all respecting the lines despite a total and complete lack of enforcement. It truly fills me with pride knowing that all of the searchers I found respected the culture behind the boundaries.
Honorable bunch you Fenn searchers....
12-22-2019, 03:10 AM,
RE: The poem fits several places...
(12-22-2019, 02:45 AM)thrilledtochase Wrote: Reading the bashing of multi location solves and I just had to write something for someone out there. As far as I can tell there are at least two places where Fenn has found the poem to fit. The two locations are encoded in the book “Too Far to Walk”. I would say I am mediocre at best at puzzles. What I am good at is research. It didn’t take me more than an hour of reading the book to find at least two spots that Fenn refers to as portals. There may easily be more which I totally overlooked. This is further corroborated by Vignettes and Scrapbooks. If this sounds unreasonable, why does Fenn mention portals more than once?

I have been able to predict what would be found on one end of the portal, while the other side of the portal I would never dare to look on. It’s a holy site and I have my limits of things I would do for money. Many Fenn searchers have some of the same information and values as me. There’s tons of Fenn searchers walking the borders of one of the space portals, and as far as I could tell they were all respecting the lines despite a total and complete lack of enforcement. It truly fills me with pride knowing that all of the searchers I found respected the culture behind the boundaries.
Honorable bunch you Fenn searchers....

I'm not convinced that the concept of "portals" is going to help you
solve the poem correctly. But please don't give up too easily, as the
Rocky Mountains have many beautiful things to see. When I was on
one of my search hikes, the natural area (animals, mountains, hills, and other geological features) brought tears to my eyes.
12-23-2019, 12:55 AM,
I predicted I would find elephant bones exactly 8.243 miles north of Santa Fe. So I flew from Florida with no knowlege of the area, and I brought a friend with me. It only took me about twenty minutes to find the elephant which led my companion to accuse me of planting the elephant myself. I’ve done similar things a few times in my search area. The coincidence is so large that multiple people who have seen my findings with their own eyes have accused me of planting these things and then “rediscovering” them....I got better things to do than drop off elephant carcasses in the woods 1000 miles from my house Smile
12-23-2019, 01:56 AM,
(12-23-2019, 12:55 AM)thrilledtochase Wrote: I predicted I would find elephant bones exactly 8.243 miles north of Santa Fe. So I flew from Florida with no knowlege of the area, and I brought a friend with me. It only took me about twenty minutes to find the elephant which led my companion to accuse me of planting the elephant myself. I’ve done similar things a few times in my search area. The coincidence is so large that multiple people who have seen my findings with their own eyes have accused me of planting these things and then “rediscovering” them....I got better things to do than drop off elephant carcasses in the woods 1000 miles from my house Smile

Are you related to the guy who "introduced" the Cardiff Giant?

It can be fun to plant something, even without much gardening
experience. I planted some eyes once, but jeepers creepers, didn't
succeed at growing any potatoes that way. I even cut a potato into
quarters, but tink I overestimated the power of each of them.
12-23-2019, 02:34 AM,
Are you related to the guy who "introduced" the Cardiff Giant?

[/quote]

LOL, you are bad Wild...Did you cut less than several or a couple dozen? Notice the modifier?
just saying ss
12-28-2019, 02:30 AM,
(12-23-2019, 02:34 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: Are you related to the guy who "introduced" the Cardiff Giant?

LOL, you are bad Wild...Did you cut less than several or a couple dozen? Notice the modifier?
[/quote]

I didn’t plant anything lol...it’s not feasible to remove the elephant imo...if any reasonable person saw it they would agree...plus I assume the bones are at least semi valuable...whole hillside is littered with bones fresh and old...
12-28-2019, 01:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2019, 01:31 PM by wildfuntear.)
(12-23-2019, 02:34 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: LOL, you are bad Wild...Did you cut less than several or a couple dozen? Notice the modifier?

Yes.
And in a word, yes.

(12-28-2019, 02:30 AM)thrilledtochase Wrote: I didn’t plant anything lol...it’s not feasible to remove the elephant imo...if any reasonable person saw it they would agree...plus I assume the bones are at least semi valuable...whole hillside is littered with bones fresh and old...

I saw lots of bones on my search hikes.

That kind of litter I won't remove.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Places I have searched OutDoorLover777 24 7,865 05-23-2018, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Copper
  Weather/Seasons/Mystical Places/Animals Folklore Mindy 2 1,267 04-19-2018, 05:54 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Neat places to go in Northern New Mexico monkeyking 13 4,233 03-08-2018, 10:00 PM
Last Post: old drum
  new FQ: Masquerades and Special Places Chris Yates 0 1,262 05-20-2016, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Pick one of three places musstag 4 3,164 05-14-2016, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Windy City
  No Human Trails and Non-Dangerous Places glock20 25 19,907 05-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Last Post: mrmagicarovrumrebel