Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big blaze, little blaze
12-25-2019, 03:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-25-2019, 03:24 AM by Andrew Jef.)
Big blaze, little blaze
Is (what you consider) the blaze relatively big, or relatively little?

I have found two different items, either of which might be the blaze that
Fenn mentioned in his poem. First I found the big item that may be Fenn's blaze. It seemed to be a pretty good match for the implied requirements suggested by the poem.

Later, I found the little item. I think it may be a better choice, because
its size helps it function in a more precise way, in guiding a searcher. But google earth doesn't seem to show this little blaze very well in its 2011 views. Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean that a BOTG searcher wouldn't have been able to find and recognize this little blaze, using it to gain advantage/progress in getting closer to the hidey place.

Please note that I didn't specify exact or approximate sizes for either of
these blazes. I believe that they are chemically similar to each other,
and are located within a few hundred feet of one another.
12-25-2019, 10:41 PM,
RE: Big blaze, little blaze
When on a BOTG search hike, would it matter much, in your solve, which blaze is found first?
12-26-2019, 01:26 AM,
Although I don't use it, there is a burnt out area in Yellowstone near Ice Lake (WWWH), but south of the main road, that has a turn out, a bulletin board description of the fire that occurred there a number of years ago, and a wooden walkway with a "deck" area for viewing the forest. I tried looking under the deck (this was before "not associated with a structure").
12-26-2019, 02:33 AM,
@AJ
It's the key; isn't it. The big hint can get you to the proper blaze.
just saying ss
12-26-2019, 03:14 AM,
(12-26-2019, 01:26 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: Although I don't use it, there is a burnt out area in Yellowstone near Ice Lake (WWWH), but south of the main road, that has a turn out, a bulletin board description of the fire that occurred there a number of years ago, and a wooden walkway with a "deck" area for viewing the forest. I tried looking under the deck (this was before "not associated with a structure").

Thank you for sharing this information. Did you see any blind squirrels
in that vicinity?
12-27-2019, 01:45 AM,
(12-26-2019, 03:14 AM)Andrew Jef Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 01:26 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: Although I don't use it, there is a burnt out area in Yellowstone near Ice Lake (WWWH), but south of the main road, that has a turn out, a bulletin board description of the fire that occurred there a number of years ago, and a wooden walkway with a "deck" area for viewing the forest. I tried looking under the deck (this was before "not associated with a structure").

Thank you for sharing this information. Did you see any blind squirrels
in that vicinity?

Yes. There were a couple of them reading the braille section of the information kiosk.
12-31-2019, 09:33 AM,
You probably won't understand what the blaze is until you've been BOTG in the right area and you figure out what being wise means. And you probably won't understand what it means to be wise unless you live in a specific geographical area. And you probably won't figure out what your quest to cease means until you understand both of the above . So only the few who live in a certain area and have had BOTG will figure all this out.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
01-02-2020, 01:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 01:45 AM by legacyhelper.)
(12-31-2019, 09:33 AM)trigace Wrote: You probably won't understand what the blaze is until you've been BOTG in the right area and you figure out what being wise means. And you probably won't understand what it means to be wise unless you live in a specific geographical area. And you probably won't figure out what your quest to cease means until you understand both of the above . So only the few who live in a certain area and have had BOTG will figure all this out.

I think I have figured out what being wise means. But significant wisdom
is not needed to find the trove. If you disagree, please tell me why.
01-02-2020, 11:24 AM,
(01-02-2020, 01:44 AM)legacyhelper Wrote:
(12-31-2019, 09:33 AM)trigace Wrote: You probably won't understand what the blaze is until you've been BOTG in the right area and you figure out what being wise means. And you probably won't understand what it means to be wise unless you live in a specific geographical area. And you probably won't figure out what your quest to cease means until you understand both of the above . So only the few who live in a certain area and have had BOTG will figure all this out.

I think I have figured out what being wise means. But significant wisdom
is not needed to find the trove. If you disagree, please tell me why.

I agree with you, significant wisdom is not needed to find the trove. But understanding what FF meant by "if you've been wise" will help solve or at least confirm what the blaze is. The blaze is only a way marker along the route to the TC. There's still a long way to go after that.

To find the trove takes a lot of perseverance. Even if you find the correct area to search, you won't find it with just one or two BOTG searches.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
01-02-2020, 12:22 PM,
Big blaze, little blaze
(01-02-2020, 11:24 AM)trigace Wrote: The blaze is only a way marker along the route to the TC. There's still a long way to go after that.

What?
The Blaze is 12’ away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the chest is inches from the blaze Chris Yates 3 315 4 hours ago
Last Post: Andrew Jef
  Has anyone in the forum gound "The Blaze" I have!!! bladeorion1262 6 1,038 10-23-2019, 12:06 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  My Blaze.... minotaur_moreno 16 2,439 10-20-2019, 08:26 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Marvelous blaze liv42dy 191 39,168 09-19-2019, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Now you know. The “BLAZE” is exactly 141.3 Miles from Fenn’s house. Mongo 33 3,450 09-13-2019, 11:33 AM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  is the blaze a rock Chris Yates 16 2,129 04-18-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates