Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big blaze, little blaze
01-02-2020, 05:49 PM,
RE: Big blaze, little blaze
(01-02-2020, 12:22 PM)travis.gore.79 Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 11:24 AM)trigace Wrote: The blaze is only a way marker along the route to the TC. There's still a long way to go after that.

What?
The Blaze is 12’ away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Never was. Never will be. It's because people don't understand what the blaze actually is that they think "your quest to cease" means you stop searching in that area. And "just take the chest and go in peace" is NOT referring to the treasure chest at all.

FF didn't write two more stanzas after that just to be pontificating about his life or something unrelated to the clues. Those stanzas are filled with the most essential clues of the poem. And the most difficult to solve.

This is why no one (at least very few) are getting close to the TC.

The 12' discussion is not a hint at all and doesn't even relate to the blaze.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
01-02-2020, 06:14 PM,
the treasure is probably 1 to 2 miles away from the blaze
01-02-2020, 07:16 PM,
(12-25-2019, 03:20 AM)Andrew Jef Wrote: Is (what you consider) the blaze relatively big, or relatively little?

I don't put too much weight on most of the ATF statements except when he offers information without being asked. This quote from Jenny's site makes me think the blaze must be larger than an elephant:

“...I had an enjoyably visit with Tom and his brother at the Downtown Subscription Coffee Shop in Santa Fe. They seemed like nice guys and avid treasure hunters. But there is confusion somewhere. While it’s not impossible to remove the blaze it isn’t feasible to try, and I am certain it’s still there.”

9/26/14
01-02-2020, 08:19 PM,
Big blaze, little blaze
(01-02-2020, 05:49 PM)trigace Wrote: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Never was. Never will be. It's because people don't understand what the blaze actually is that they think "your quest to cease" means you stop searching in that area. And "just take the chest and go in peace" is NOT referring to the treasure chest at all.

FF didn't write two more stanzas after that just to be pontificating about his life or something unrelated to the clues. Those stanzas are filled with the most essential clues of the poem. And the most difficult to solve.

This is why no one (at least very few) are getting close to the TC.

The 12' discussion is not a hint at all and doesn't even relate to the blaze.
[/quote]

While it is true the 12’ does not relate to the blaze. The 12’ was “you should be able to see the chest”

It is just coincidence; I suppose, that my area the Blaze is that close. My search area is 6’-18’ from the blaze.

You can’t see the blaze in my area until you turn a corner (so to speak)

The problem with the blaze being a “distance” away. Is when do I look down? What if I notice the blaze at 800’. You don’t notice the blaze until 300’. Where do we look quickly down?

Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
01-02-2020, 09:26 PM,
thank you for putting the thing that is not a quote and was never said by Forrest, in quotes
01-02-2020, 11:12 PM,
Big blaze, little blaze
(01-02-2020, 08:19 PM)travis.gore.79 Wrote: It is just coincidence; I suppose, that my area the Blaze is that close. My search area is 6’-18’ from the blaze.
What are you waiting for. Let me guess...the snow to melt.

razyfamily
01-02-2020, 11:14 PM,
(01-02-2020, 11:24 AM)trigace Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 01:44 AM)legacyhelper Wrote:
(12-31-2019, 09:33 AM)trigace Wrote: You probably won't understand what the blaze is until you've been BOTG in the right area and you figure out what being wise means. And you probably won't understand what it means to be wise unless you live in a specific geographical area. And you probably won't figure out what your quest to cease means until you understand both of the above . So only the few who live in a certain area and have had BOTG will figure all this out.

I think I have figured out what being wise means. But significant wisdom
is not needed to find the trove. If you disagree, please tell me why.

I agree with you, significant wisdom is not needed to find the trove. But understanding what FF meant by "if you've been wise" will help solve or at least confirm what the blaze is. The blaze is only a way marker along the route to the TC. There's still a long way to go after that.

To find the trove takes a lot of perseverance. Even if you find the correct area to search, you won't find it with just one or two BOTG searches.

This has been my experience, I believe. Very sad. I hope for the
sake of all folks involved in this treasure hunt that we all survive until
the TC has been found. Thanks for the confirmation.
01-03-2020, 05:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 06:43 AM by travis.gore.79.)
Big blaze, little blaze
(01-02-2020, 11:12 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 08:19 PM)travis.gore.79 Wrote: It is just coincidence; I suppose, that my area the Blaze is that close. My search area is 6’-18’ from the blaze.
What are you waiting for. Let me guess...the snow to melt.

razyfamily

Well I have two issues right now.

1. I am more worried about ice than snow.
I believe that the chest is in a rivulet (page 60 TTOTC) Also, in a book Forrest suggested to read; you will find a story and poem about a rivulet. “A River Runs Through It” Robert Redford Chipping ice will not allow me to “tarry scant”

2. My wife’s medical condition does not allow me to just pick up and leave her for 3-4 days alone. She is scheduled for a defibrillator next week. Maybe that will help her and allow me to sneak away. I don’t know at this point if I will ever make it out west.

01-03-2020, 07:26 AM,
Big blaze, little blaze
Well, Forrest once said he could go straight to the chest. I’m thinking that was in the month of February.

Then, he said if you knew where the treasure was you could retrieve it in any weather. I’d say that includes snow.

He’s also said that if a child were where the chest is, they would be safe. I’d think that ice climbing on a rivulet is not on the list of safe spots for a child.

As far a your wife goes, you should stay with her. There are only a few things in life that are guaranteed, and finding Forrest Fenn’s treasure is not one of them.

razyfamily
01-03-2020, 07:28 AM,
Big blaze, little blaze
Well then, I will go as soon as I can then. It’s only 288 yards from where I park.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the chest is inches from the blaze Chris Yates 4 537 01-19-2020, 06:10 PM
Last Post: legacyhelper
  Has anyone in the forum gound "The Blaze" I have!!! bladeorion1262 6 1,062 10-23-2019, 12:06 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  My Blaze.... minotaur_moreno 16 2,504 10-20-2019, 08:26 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Marvelous blaze liv42dy 191 39,252 09-19-2019, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Now you know. The “BLAZE” is exactly 141.3 Miles from Fenn’s house. Mongo 33 3,543 09-13-2019, 11:33 AM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  is the blaze a rock Chris Yates 16 2,161 04-18-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates