Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big blaze, little blaze
01-08-2020, 01:18 PM,
RE: Big blaze, little blaze
(01-02-2020, 05:49 PM)trigace Wrote: . . .

And "just take the chest and go in peace" is NOT referring to the treasure chest at all.

. . .

What does "just take the chest and go in peace" refer to, if not the
treasure chest?
01-08-2020, 04:14 PM,
(01-08-2020, 01:18 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote:

And "just take the chest and go in peace" is NOT referring to the treasure chest at all.

. . .

treasure chest?

The chest can be a chest of drawers, which can be a bureau. How many land entities can be bureaus? Bureau of Reclamation, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Indian Affairs, etc.

What does "the "just" mean in the scriptures? The righteous. So, "just" can mean "right."

So, "right" take the Bureau (land) and go in peace. He's giving you a direction to go and to go on Bureau land to a place of peace. It doesn't get much more direct and simple. This is how most of Forrest's clues are written. But no one can figure them out for some reason.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
01-08-2020, 04:40 PM,
(01-08-2020, 04:14 PM)trigace Wrote:

. . .

treasure chest?

The chest can be a chest of drawers, which can be a bureau. How many land entities can be bureaus? Bureau of Reclamation, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Indian Affairs, etc.

What does "the "just" mean in the scriptures? The righteous. So, "just" can mean "right."

So, "right" take the Bureau (land) and go in peace. He's giving you a direction to go and to go on Bureau land to a place of peace. It doesn't get much more direct and simple. This is how most of Forrest's clues are written. But no one can figure them out for some reason.
Tri - excellent example of Fennish!!
01-08-2020, 05:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 07:21 PM by travis.gore.79.)
Big blaze, little blaze
Maybe it’s in Manhattan that is a Burrough

I get the “word” play. I just don’t understand why we need to turn right after we
Find blaze
Look down
Quest to cease
Now turn right on BLM land.

We are already on Bureau Land and have been

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-08-2020, 08:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 08:38 PM by trigace.)
(01-08-2020, 05:10 PM)travis.gore.79 Wrote: Maybe it’s in Manhattan that is a Burrough

I get the “word” play. I just don’t understand why we need to turn right after we
Find blaze
Look down
Quest to cease

I can't say why... because it would give away the solve. But I will say that your quest ceases several miles after you've found the blaze and yes, you may, or may not, have already been on BLM land, it doesn't matter. Realistically you must turn either left or right at that point. You wouldn't go straight ahead.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
01-09-2020, 12:29 AM,
(01-08-2020, 04:14 PM)trigace Wrote:

. . .

treasure chest?

Thank you for your response. I'll consider it.
01-09-2020, 01:37 AM,
This may seem to slide a little off-subject, but not intentionally.

When somebody says "What in the blazes . . ." they may be referring to "hell" (the blazes).

So when a serious searcher thinks of "Big blaze" (from the title of this thread), they may think of "hell".

When they think of "hell", they may think of the devil.

Well, sometimes a little bit of mischief is considered "devilish" behavior (or is blamed on the "devil").

If someone gets "taken", this may mean that they get cheated, "ripped-off", or something similar. Or
at least, "taken advantage of". It doesn't necessarily have to be criminal or evil, in my opinion. If one
buys a new car, for example, and doesn't negotiate/haggle to the "point" of achieving the lowest possible price, one might "get taken", in the opinion of someone else. But this may not be unethical or a problem, in my opinion. When you buy a loaf of bread, do you haggle on its price? I don't.

The rest of this message will largely consist of questions, rather than stated accusations. Please do
remember that a question is not a statement of accusation. And please think of me as kinda playing
"devils advocate", okay?

Might Forrest, in his poem, by saying "take the chest", be kinda meaning "take advantage of the bureau"
by finding and retrieving the trove? If one does this, is it necessarily unethical or dishonest? I have been to a place (a small desert in Oregon) that is "managed" by the BLM (Bureau of Land Management,
an agency of the U.S. Government). By visiting and enjoying the desert, do you suppose that I was "taking advantage" of its existence, location, etc. I enjoyed the benefit and pleasure of the experience. As an American payer of (federal) taxes, am I not entitled to go to this desert? If the "protection" and/or
"maintenance" of the place was paid for by money from taxpayers such as me, while the BLM was in the
role of actively/specifically attending to this "protection/maintenance", was I not "taking advantage" of
the BLM?

If the BLM (or a similar or related government entity) irritated Forrest about his collection of artifacts,
"treasures new and old", or the like, might he be a bit angry or bitter about this? Might he want to show
that he has a legal right to hide a trove somewhere that the same government thinks it is "in charge of",
in a way that legally allows a searcher/finder to just (rightly) grab the trove, retrieve it, and beat a hasty
retreat (peacefully, without violence or even a threat thereof)? Possibly even while saying "the hell with
the BLM"?

None of these questions are intended to be taken as anything(s) claiming or purporting to be (or masquerading as, or simulating) any greater-than-zero fraction(s) of one or more statements of fact.
Gee. Okay, now that I've spent a long time "pounding the keys", I should go outside and breathe some
fresh air. Maybe plant some more seeds.
01-16-2020, 11:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2020, 11:24 PM by Andrew Jef.)
(01-09-2020, 01:37 AM)wildfuntear Wrote: This may seem to slide a little off-subject, but not intentionally.

When somebody says "What in the blazes . . ." they may be referring to "hell" (the blazes).

So when a serious searcher thinks of "Big blaze" (from the title of this thread), they may think of "hell".

When they think of "hell", they may think of the devil.

Well, sometimes a little bit of mischief is considered "devilish" behavior (or is blamed on the "devil").

If someone gets "taken", this may mean that they get cheated, "ripped-off", or something similar. Or
at least, "taken advantage of". It doesn't necessarily have to be criminal or evil, in my opinion. If one
buys a new car, for example, and doesn't negotiate/haggle to the "point" of achieving the lowest possible price, one might "get taken", in the opinion of someone else. But this may not be unethical or a problem, in my opinion. When you buy a loaf of bread, do you haggle on its price? I don't.

The rest of this message will largely consist of questions, rather than stated accusations. Please do
remember that a question is not a statement of accusation. And please think of me as kinda playing
"devils advocate", okay?

Might Forrest, in his poem, by saying "take the chest", be kinda meaning "take advantage of the bureau"
by finding and retrieving the trove? If one does this, is it necessarily unethical or dishonest? I have been to a place (a small desert in Oregon) that is "managed" by the BLM (Bureau of Land Management,
an agency of the U.S. Government). By visiting and enjoying the desert, do you suppose that I was "taking advantage" of its existence, location, etc. I enjoyed the benefit and pleasure of the experience. As an American payer of (federal) taxes, am I not entitled to go to this desert? If the "protection" and/or
"maintenance" of the place was paid for by money from taxpayers such as me, while the BLM was in the
role of actively/specifically attending to this "protection/maintenance", was I not "taking advantage" of
the BLM?

If the BLM (or a similar or related government entity) irritated Forrest about his collection of artifacts,
"treasures new and old", or the like, might he be a bit angry or bitter about this? Might he want to show
that he has a legal right to hide a trove somewhere that the same government thinks it is "in charge of",
in a way that legally allows a searcher/finder to just (rightly) grab the trove, retrieve it, and beat a hasty
retreat (peacefully, without violence or even a threat thereof)? Possibly even while saying "the hell with
the BLM"?

None of these questions are intended to be taken as anything(s) claiming or purporting to be (or masquerading as, or simulating) any greater-than-zero fraction(s) of one or more statements of fact.
Gee. Okay, now that I've spent a long time "pounding the keys", I should go outside and breathe some
fresh air. Maybe plant some more seeds.

That was a great posting, wildfuntear, and it shows that you are willing
to boldly go where others fear to tread. Are you a descendant of Davy
Crockett or Julius Caesar?
Today, 03:09 AM,
(01-08-2020, 05:10 PM)travis.gore.79 Wrote: Maybe it’s in Manhattan that is a Burrough

Find blaze
Look down
Quest to cease

On the pathway from wwwh until you are wise you will be walking presently (used to be a vehicle road but not public). Just imagine you are driving along when you see the big picture and you have been wise in a couple of ways. Look quickly down and you are looking just; therefore, you will then need to park your imaginary vehicle and walk that direction. IMO it is simple but wait until you you are "in the wood."
This is the BOTG part and it is time-consuming.
just saying ss
Today, 04:37 AM,
Big blaze, little blaze
(Today, 03:09 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote:

Find blaze
Look down
Quest to cease

On the pathway from wwwh until you are wise you will be walking presently (used to be a vehicle road but not public). Just imagine you are driving along when you see the big picture and you have been wise in a couple of ways. Look quickly down and you are looking just; therefore, you will then need to park your imaginary vehicle and walk that direction. IMO it is simple but wait until you you are "in the wood."
This is the BOTG part and it is time-consuming.

You can walk. I will drive.
I only need to walk 1/2 mile.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the chest is inches from the blaze Chris Yates 5 529 01-19-2020, 06:10 PM
Last Post: legacyhelper
  Has anyone in the forum gound "The Blaze" I have!!! bladeorion1262 6 1,057 10-23-2019, 12:06 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  My Blaze.... minotaur_moreno 16 2,492 10-20-2019, 08:26 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Marvelous blaze liv42dy 191 39,226 09-19-2019, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Now you know. The “BLAZE” is exactly 141.3 Miles from Fenn’s house. Mongo 33 3,526 09-13-2019, 11:33 AM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  is the blaze a rock Chris Yates 16 2,151 04-18-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates