Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telephone poles, dragonflies, etc.
12-26-2019, 12:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2019, 03:20 AM by legacyhelper.)
It looks like we have been encouraged to seek an area (I don't know how big) that contains telephone poles or something that reminds us of how they look. Perhaps kinda like a cross, or possibly a cross with two crossbars instead of the typical one.

Or it might be dragonflies that we should be reminded of.

So far, I haven't found much of anything like either of these items near
my search area, although I haven't yet lost faith in it. I'm looking for
some kind of confirmation that includes the shape of a telephone pole
or cross with one or two crossbars . . . or dragonfly. Not a huge deal, as far as I know, but could be significant.

Anybody else here looking for any of these kinds of shapes also? Maybe the idea is more symbolic/figurative/metaphorical. (Or something like that).

Please share your thoughts about this if you want to. Thanks in advance.
12-26-2019, 02:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2019, 02:26 AM by easternOHsteve.)
RE: Telephone poles, dragonflies, etc.
I could send a pic of the crossbar; however, too much info there. I did attain the D; but Forrest didn't... In my trip it looks as if it is telephone poles but it is not... In my trip but not necessarily yours...

Oh, and don't forget the tree frogs; they are everywhere with the dragonflies.
just saying ss
12-26-2019, 04:07 AM,
While on a BOTG hike between where I parked my car and the place that I considered the hidey space,
I found a series of poles (at least 3 in a row, something like 100 feet apart) that reminded me of telephone poles. But they had no crossbars, as far as I can remember. I think perhaps they had been used for some kind of communication years or decades ago. When I saw them, they had no visible wires or other hardware attached. They were just poles, perhaps 6 to 8 inches in diameter, and perhaps 30 feet tall.

So I concluded they were no longer in service for any particular purpose.

I don't see any connection or relationship between these poles and the Fenn treasure hunt. They weren't
located precisely on my search path of hiking. I just happened to see them kinda nearby.
12-26-2019, 08:25 AM,
legecy helper-
in my solve area there was once a very rudimentry power line. there are pieces of wire, green ceramic insulators, and a crossbar. The ground is very rocky so the poles were lashed to existing trees, instead of digging holes and you can find hoops of wire wrapped around some of the trees.
Like everyone else, I believe I am in the correct area.
Good luck in your quest
12-26-2019, 10:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2019, 09:51 AM by fundamental design.)
legacyhelper, why do you say that it looks like you (or we) have been encouraged to seek an area with telephone poles?

Anyway, early on I considered an area that had 2 poles near each other. One had no cross member but had a bird nest platform on top.

I considered them to be an interesting way for f to possibly create a blaze out of. Why? Because taken together they spelled “IT” and no one, who wasn’t involved with the Chase, would suspect anything. I’ve since moved on from that idea but it did match pretty well with the axe man drawing at the end of the book.

Howdy, Mister.
12-26-2019, 10:39 AM,
I've talked about telephone/power poles many times. In my search area you must draw a telephone pole with two cross bars, the top one shorter than the bottom one. The cross bars are at a "rakish angle" relative to the pole. And it appears as a hoe or pick that could be used to "pick" something up.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
12-26-2019, 10:45 AM,
Forrest loves anything that is a relic from the past. Dragon Flys, crocodiles, birds. Telephone poles are soon to be among those things. Here’s one...

[Image: 5afa0040daeae17daa76f9783a1dd2af.jpg]

razyfamily
12-26-2019, 08:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2019, 08:55 PM by muset.)
(12-26-2019, 12:23 AM)legacyhelper Wrote: It looks like we have been encouraged to seek an area (I don't know how big) that contains telephone poles or something that reminds us of how they look. Perhaps kinda like a cross, or possibly a cross with two crossbars instead of the typical one.

Or it might be dragonflies that we should be reminded of.

So far, I haven't found much of anything like either of these items near
my search area, although I haven't yet lost faith in it. I'm looking for
some kind of confirmation that includes the shape of a telephone pole
or cross with one or two crossbars . . . or dragonfly. Not a huge deal, as far as I know, but could be significant.

Anybody else here looking for any of these kinds of shapes also? Maybe the idea is more symbolic/figurative/metaphorical. (Or something like that).

Please share your thoughts about this if you want to. Thanks in advance.

I totally had both telephone poles and dragonflies in mind in previous searches, but not any longer, although they could be hints to help the bigger picture.

When we think we notice a hint in the scrapbooks and interviews, we have a tendency to think that the hint is associated with the final place. Forrest probably does drop hints, but they may be for any of the nine clues and least likely about the last clue, IMO.