Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Definition of "searcher"
12-26-2019, 07:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2019, 07:24 PM by Andrew Jef.)
Definition of "searcher"
A searcher is one who searches. It doesn't have to be a human being.

We are all searchers. One doesn't have to be immediately actively involved in searching to be a searcher. I am a truck driver, even though
I don't spend all my time behind the steering wheel of a truck.

So if "a searcher was within 200 feet of the chest", I think it's safe and
valid to take that as meaning that a person was within 200 feet of the
chest. But this, in my opinion, has no value in solving the poem. Of
course a person (notably FF) was within 200 feet of the chest. Please
remember that he is a searcher. Sometimes he searches for a chair.

Concentrate on the poem, but please don't be afraid of a dictionary. It
might even help you understand what "halt" means. And by the way,
I'm giving FF a little leeway here. I'm treating "halt" to mean (per FF's intended definition) coming to a temporary stop for all practical
purposes.
12-26-2019, 09:43 PM,
RE: Definition of "searcher"
why do you say that if a searcher was within 200ft of the chest, it's safe to to say it means a person

you are the one who just made the point that a searcher doesn't have to be a human being

so if that was a valid point, (let the reader decide), then any animal who searchers for food and has been within 200 feet, would be a searcher within 200ft
12-26-2019, 11:29 PM,
(12-26-2019, 09:43 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: why do you say that if a searcher was within 200ft of the chest, it's safe to to say it means a person

you are the one who just made the point that a searcher doesn't have to be a human being

so if that was a valid point, (let the reader decide), then any animal who searchers for food and has been within 200 feet, would be a searcher within 200ft

I say things because I can.

I don't think FF wants us to much concern ourselves with how close to the TC an ant has gotten. Maybe a red snake was within 200 feet of the TC.

By the way, I don't know whether FF has ever specifically mentioned how close a searcher has ever gotten to the hiding place or hidey place
or the location of either. But I think there's a good chance that a searcher has been within 50 feet of the location before the TC was put there by FF.

I appreciate your attention to detail. Attention to detail sometimes is
accompanied by great grammar, composition, proofreading, and correction as necessary. The concept of "necessary" is a philosophical
one, and subject to debate. A fisherman can debate a hook, possibly
in a masterful way. But I don't necessarily insist that a searcher should spend a huge lot of precious time doing that, even if said searcher is
an aunt.
12-26-2019, 11:37 PM,
i see, you made a point of making this point

so you can say the point wasn't much of a point for us to be concerned with
01-19-2020, 06:37 PM,
(12-26-2019, 11:37 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: i see, you made a point of making this point

so you can say the point wasn't much of a point for us to be concerned with

Chris, are you planning to BOTG search for the Fenn trove?

I am. But not before summer. I already BOTG searched at the large
point that can be seen on GE. My next search will be near this place.