Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SBs about roosters -- real ones, sculpture(s)
01-13-2020, 10:33 PM,
RE: SBs about roosters -- real ones, sculpture(s)
(01-13-2020, 04:25 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 07:18 AM)Daniel A Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 12:39 AM)Chris Yates Wrote: "these SBs" seems a bit general for something so specific

is the rooster just being cocky? or cock a doodle doodelly?

anway, i'd say forget the SBs, the poem is where its at

and the poem hints at roosters and drawings and doodellys, imo

just ask the mean widdle kid

I think that if a person could interpret the poem, they could also interpret Fenn's other writings.

imo, it depends on what you mean by interpret

would someone who has solved clues in the poem recognize subtle hints in the SB's?

yes, just like they would recognize subtle hints in TTOTC

but if by interpret we are talking about when people bloviate on and on about their view of whats in a SB (or in a TTOTC story) as if f has put a hidden layer that reveals his treatise on the meaning of life, then no

imo, that is just someone seeing what is already in their own head and want to use this as an excuse to pat themselves on the back while pretending they are seeing something that somehow has to do with clues or the treasure hunt, when it has nothing to do with it

it is apparent f has wanted to share things that have happened in his life, and tell stories about things he is interested in. this is a separate thing from also placing some subtle hints in there, which i believe he has done

imo, searchers should remember that the only thing that can lead us to the treasure, the only thing with the actual clues to do this, is the poem

and if there is a way of thinking, a thought process, that a searcher has in using subtle hints outside the poem, that contradicts that understanding, it can only lead them astray. and it is a way of thinking that can only ever be confirmed by one's own pre-conceived bias

so what this means is that, there is no way that any interpreting of any SB for example (in and of itself) could let one know that something is a hint

if you have solved some clues and know they are correct from the poem, then you could recognize hints in the SB. and you would be correct as to exactly what the hint is, and what it means.

i don't believe anyone can read Fenn's mind, and i also don't believe in voodoo, so the fact that f wrote the poem with clues is the only thing that even makes this possible

i know some people might disagree with this, and my response would be, perhaps at some future date you might be able to step outside yourself, and realize that the reason you disagree is entirely because you have convinced yourself over a bunch of things you think you are seeing, and you tell yourself 'how can this be a coincidence?', but this is entirely and only why you are convinced in your own mind you are right.

again, just my opinion, but it is obvious to me when i read certain posts, that people are expressing something they feel certain about, but it is mostly all based on lots and lots of non-poem hints (supposed).

and if their specific thoughts were laid out on the table so to speak and they were asked to support their conclusions with only hidden clues/hints in the poem such that it provided a high level of certainty, they would not be able to do so

Interpret....as in translation. I etirw siht yaw dna uoy terpretni.....sdrawkcab. kinda like that type of interpret.
01-14-2020, 08:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 05:26 PM by crazyfamily.)
SBs about roosters -- real ones, sculpture(s)
I think Chrysty asked you out, Yates. Busta move.

razyfamily
01-14-2020, 10:55 AM,
(01-13-2020, 06:49 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: so if someone wanted a key or combination of sorts to identify the state the treasure is hidden

perhaps an adjustment could help

not changing any words, as the context of f's "don't mess with the poem" indicate we shouldn't

but he also said the treasure may be found by one who can best adjust

so what if we adjusted line 13, say, i don't know, spin the line where the last word is the first

"The one who can best adjust" means the one who can best "add right." The final location of the TC requires you to add certain previously laid out distances that surround the Eye of the # Cross." It's "Where the Bugle Blows." That's where my next search spot will be.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
01-14-2020, 07:44 PM,
(01-14-2020, 10:55 AM)trigace Wrote: "The one who can best adjust" means the one who can best "add right." The final location of the TC requires you to add certain previously laid out distances that surround the Eye of the # Cross." It's "Where the Bugle Blows." That's where my next search spot will be.

i agree with you with the caveat that if there is any suggestion in your reply that it can only mean that, i would disagree

i think most everything f says has multiple applications and meanings that are each correct if understood properly and in context
01-15-2020, 02:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 02:22 AM by wildfuntear.)
(01-14-2020, 10:55 AM)trigace Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 06:49 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: so if someone wanted a key or combination of sorts to identify the state the treasure is hidden

not changing any words, as the context of f's "don't mess with the poem" indicate we shouldn't

so what if we adjusted line 13, say, i don't know, spin the line where the last word is the first

"The one who can best adjust" means the one who can best "add right." The final location of the TC requires you to add certain previously laid out distances that surround the Eye of the # Cross." It's "Where the Bugle Blows." That's where my next search spot will be.

"Where the Bugle Blows", huh? This may be interesting. Time may tell.

An approach requiring "previously laid out distances" may also be interesting. Good luck to you if you search for the TC.
01-15-2020, 02:36 AM,
When I think of "previously laid out distances", this reminds me of "too far to walk". I didn't lay out a
distance for this. I also think that "previously laid out distances" may be associated with some kind of measurements/numbers, which I don't think are part of a good solve. But (in the spirit of the new year, perhaps) I also wish good luck to all folks that seek the Fenn trove.
01-15-2020, 10:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 11:19 AM by trigace.)
(01-14-2020, 07:44 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 10:55 AM)trigace Wrote: "The one who can best adjust" means the one who can best "add right." The final location of the TC requires you to add certain previously laid out distances that surround the Eye of the # Cross." It's "Where the Bugle Blows." That's where my next search spot will be.

i agree with you with the caveat that if there is any suggestion in your reply that it can only mean that, i would disagree

i think most everything f says has multiple applications and meanings that are each correct if understood properly and in context

I agree with your agreeance and with your disagreeance. I've found many places where the poem words apply more than once.

(01-15-2020, 02:16 AM)wildfuntear Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 10:55 AM)trigace Wrote:

"Where the Bugle Blows", huh? This may be interesting. Time may tell.

An approach requiring "previously laid out distances" may also be interesting. Good luck to you if you search for the TC.

The poem says "The end is ever drawing nigh." In it's most important application, IMO, it is at the end of your search area where you must seemingly forever be drawing lines to get to the final spot. And this end/spot is very close/nigh to the location described in the poem that is between clues #2 and #3.

You'll say, "How can that be if you are near the end yet also only between #2 and #3 clues?"

Well, this is why some have solved the first 2 clues and then went right past the next 7 clues. And probably why some have been within 500 feet of the TC but didn't know it.

Here's the secret (but I've told it before): The clues, after #2, begin to make a large circuitous loop, after passing the actual TC location. Then they lead you back to the same area that you previously passed. But this time the clues take you more directly to the TC. Most searchers have gone the wrong direction after the 2nd clue because it's the easy way to go.

This is also why the little girl from India can't get any closer than the 2nd clue, even if she were to solve all of the rest of the clues from her home in India. You must have BOTG to solve the final clue. After the 2nd clue she was already close to the TC, she can't get any closer until she figures it out on the ground.

The last line to be drawn forms the last line of a large bugle shape and takes you to the mouth piece of the bugle, which is where the TC should be.
01-15-2020, 11:19 AM,
Chickens, Roosters, Hens, It all relates to the biddies of TTOTC.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

01-15-2020, 11:37 AM,
(01-15-2020, 02:36 AM)Andrew Jef Wrote: When I think of "previously laid out distances", this reminds me of "too far to walk". I didn't lay out a
distance for this. I also think that "previously laid out distances" may be associated with some kind of measurements/numbers, which I don't think are part of a good solve. But (in the spirit of the new year, perhaps) I also wish good luck to all folks that seek the Fenn trove.

You've hit on an important hint that also has more than one application. "Not far but too far to walk," gives a distance from WWWH to HOB, along a straight line that could be walked.

It also applies to the final search area of "ever drawing" lines. A very important distance to be drawn is "not 4, but 2...4 to walk."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sculpture at Devils Tower Beavertooth 0 878 01-10-2018, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth