Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another searcher needs rescue
01-19-2020, 07:06 PM,
Yet another searcher needs rescue
Not sure what is up with people, but someone else searching for the treasure in winter in Yellowstone needed rescue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3dhUCFI...e=youtu.be

Kpro talked to this guy and they discuss it on AGK Saturday night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjuGk_O2...e=youtu.be

Go to 16:00 to start the discussion. According to kpro, this man is "an experienced mountaineer" although she never fully answers Toby's point about the details of this adventure. Those details include the man lying to the park about the reasons for his private snowmobile permit and going into a closed area, etc.; not to mention going alone (according to kpro), rappelling with a too-short rope, THEN jumping off the end of the rope. ??! Sorry, but none of that says "experienced" to me.
01-19-2020, 07:42 PM,
RE: Yet another searcher needs rescue
Dumb, just plain old dumb.
01-19-2020, 08:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2020, 08:13 PM by tyounis.)
(01-19-2020, 07:06 PM)brubr Wrote: Not sure what is up with people, but someone else searching for the treasure in winter in Yellowstone needed rescue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3dhUCFI...e=youtu.be

Kpro talked to this guy and they discuss it on AGK Saturday night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjuGk_O2...e=youtu.be

Go to 16:00 to start the discussion. According to kpro, this man is "an experienced mountaineer" although she never fully answers Toby's point about the details of this adventure. Those details include the man lying to the park about the reasons for his private snowmobile permit and going into a closed area, etc.; not to mention going alone (according to kpro), rappelling with a too-short rope, THEN jumping off the end of the rope. ??! Sorry, but none of that says "experienced" to me.

Here's the timestamp to the call with Kristie regarding the above.

https://youtu.be/DjuGk_O2m5s?t=940

The comments in the chatroom were not as sympathetic.

t.
01-19-2020, 08:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2020, 08:32 PM by Chris Yates.)
if having a lot of experience makes one smarter, then there are a lot of people who should be smarter than they actually are

i read twitter a lot and there are a lot of good examples of this on there. some people tweet alot of dumb things about the law. like stuff that is literally false and contradicts the actual law. but what makes it funny is they preface by saying about themselves (for example) they've spent say 20 years practicing law and they are a former state or federal attorney or something. (and they aren't lying believe it or not)

and the entertainment comes when they inevitably get a large number of replies from people who also have law degrees and experience and point out how unequivocably wrong they are, and provide the proof with citations

it just shows something about human nature i guess. there is a reason why somebody came up with the phrase, you can't fix stupid.

edit: my comment isnt intended to be rendering any opinion on the person in the story. i don't really know enough about him or what happened. im just responding to the general concept of someone having "experience". to me it is neither here nor there as to whatever were the important factors that led to needing rescue
01-19-2020, 08:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2020, 08:33 PM by brubr.)
(01-19-2020, 08:12 PM)tyounis Wrote: Here's the timestamp to the call with Kristie regarding the above.

https://youtu.be/DjuGk_O2m5s?t=940

The comments in the chatroom were not as sympathetic.

t.

Thanks, Toby. I dont think Kristie ever answered your excellent question, certainly not with any specificity.
01-19-2020, 10:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2020, 10:51 PM by 5GIRLS.)
I'd like to know what part of "wait till the mud dries" did he not understand. Here me all and listen good. Nah. he just took the wrong rope. When Fenn did it, his was longer.
01-20-2020, 05:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2020, 05:29 PM by 5GIRLS.)
Please, AJ, give us something we can really get excited over. This winter has been just the worst with yawnings. I am so ready for the 2020 surprise. Hope its a real I opener.
01-21-2020, 09:53 AM,
That’s crazy. There should be no snow on the ground when you search. An 80 year old man wouldn’t go out in the snow, rappel down a cliff, or anything else. He walked to a hidey hole and placed it in a rock crevice or in the nook of a tree burl and walked out.
04-10-2020, 08:50 PM,
(01-20-2020, 05:28 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: Please, AJ, give us something we can really get excited over. This winter has been just the worst with yawnings. I am so ready for the 2020 surprise. Hope its a real I opener.

It's a personal decision whether to get excited over any particular thing.
I just read about a young rapper who died recently (apparently from an
accidental drug overdose). You could get excited over that if you want.

I admit that my posted yawning isn't highly likely to excite anyone, so I'll try not to overdo it. Maybe posting something helpful -- or at least informative -- would be better. Still, it depends on value judgment.
I just saw Bernie on TV. Bye bye, Bernie. What if Hillary decides to join
this treasure hunt?
04-12-2020, 12:16 PM,
(01-19-2020, 08:23 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: if having a lot of experience makes one smarter, then there are a lot of people who should be smarter than they actually are

i read twitter a lot and there are a lot of good examples of this on there. some people tweet alot of dumb things about the law. like stuff that is literally false and contradicts the actual law. but what makes it funny is they preface by saying about themselves (for example) they've spent say 20 years practicing law and they are a former state or federal attorney or something. (and they aren't lying believe it or not)

and the entertainment comes when they inevitably get a large number of replies from people who also have law degrees and experience and point out how unequivocably wrong they are, and provide the proof with citations

it just shows something about human nature i guess. there is a reason why somebody came up with the phrase, you can't fix stupid.

edit: my comment isnt intended to be rendering any opinion on the person in the story. i don't really know enough about him or what happened. im just responding to the general concept of someone having "experience". to me it is neither here nor there as to whatever were the important factors that led to needing rescue

Even experience can't fix stupid, in some instances. And neither can
death.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fenn has never been to Rescue Creek? decall 2 1,729 02-24-2018, 12:28 AM
Last Post: decall
  Ideas for the Search & Rescue team DaisyMae 1,105 885,259 03-12-2016, 11:42 PM
Last Post: HollyfromMN
  The Rescue Chopper and the Cable Cutter... glock20 41 29,354 10-23-2015, 08:33 PM
Last Post: glock20