Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait...did you hear that?
05-23-2014, 01:49 PM,
Indeed it is most wise of the whisperer to keep things quiet until he/she has gotten the chest and liquidated it. We may never know who solved it and the final solution might not be revealed for some time afterwards. I believe the chest has already been more or less located but its not so easy to extract hence the delay. My instincts tell me this will be over real soon though. I also believe the recent clues given out by Forrest are designed to put the finder under pressure to get the chest ASAP or at least to create some last minute drama and excitement for Forrest.
05-23-2014, 02:15 PM,
Interesting observation there Jimbo and Tom
05-23-2014, 02:24 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from old drum on May 23, 2014, 6:31 am</b>

Send him your solve - he might get a good laugh out of it. You and half the other folks who sent him one will believe that "some kind of confirmation down the road" is just for you.
</div>

"Send him your solve" -- Now, from what I've seen, no one really seems to think any of his last comments apply to them.

"He might get a good laugh out of it" -- I don't appreciate your being condescending. You don't know sh**! You know, I've been nothing but respectful of your past posts, but if you want to continue to say stupid sh** I'll have no problem with putting you in your place.

I never said I sent him MY solves. But maybe you should. For any response from him directly or indirectly will probably be as close as your going to get. But see, that's the problem with saying anything that my be useful on blogs, there's always going to be some ignorant so and so that has a smart ass response. Maybe it would be prudent for some to just stick to sightseeing and museums.

Now, I have sent him some little tidbits every now and then, but no solves, nor will I, just in case. For although I don't think we have anything to worry about and I don't think anyone is going to waste their time looking at our info., I just don't want him forwarding anything from me "accidentally" or not, to someone else.

Glad you had a good time at Fennboree. Enjoyed the stories. :-)

Good luck.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
05-23-2014, 02:25 PM,
Tom and Jimbo,

Interesting thoughts. You may be correct.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
05-23-2014, 02:27 PM,
Popcorn check, 3-D Glasses check. Smile
05-23-2014, 03:10 PM,
@Project-Why: My comment was not intended to be aimed at anyone in particular and I apologize if I didn't write my comment more clearly; it's just that I see no purpose in sending him a detailed solve. If he happens to let out some info, anyone who sent him something recently will think the info applies to him/her. I fully admit I don't have a solve, anyway.
05-23-2014, 03:22 PM,
I think there is reasonably good possibility that Forrest's (or anyone's) email may be compromised. I would consider any email sent to him not to be private. It's a gamble with unknowable odds.

As far as the 'they', I believe that 'they' is actually singular, but Forrest would never state it that way. In the many curious and loaded comments by Forrest from last fall until now (beginning with an astonishing list of comments from the bookstore interview), he may be holding to his stated philosophy of sharing information with everyone and phrasing his comments to appear so, but his words certainly mean much more to a select few, or the one. He can target the one by targeting to all.

It's also highly possible that he has heard of the precise solution from someone who, for whatever possible reason, is unable to go to the treasure for a long time. Forrest may be wondering what the hold-up is.

Many have instincts that the treasure will be retrieved soon, and I have personal reasons to agree. However, if the treasure is not retrieved soon, I predict that every springtime for perpetuity many searchers will again believe that finding the treasure is imminent. It's imminent, unless it isn't. It ain't over till it's over.

A <i>whisper</i>: An email to Forrest with just enough information for him to understand that you have solved the poem, but not enough information to reveal the precise location to someone who doesn't already know where it is. This is the way to satisfy one's strong desire to share but also encrypt the solution.

SYand42lbsHeavier,

Halogetter

05-23-2014, 03:30 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from old drum on May 23, 2014, 4:10 pm</b>

@Project-Why: My comment was not intended to be aimed at anyone in particular and I apologize if I didn't write my comment more clearly; it's just that I see no purpose in sending him a detailed solve. If he happens to let out some info, anyone who sent him something recently will think the info applies to him/her. I fully admit I don't have a solve, anyway.
</div>

I'm just messing with you. Like I did with Seeker and Locolobo. Sorry guys!! :-) Just having some fun. No worries!! :-)

Besides, Wolf asked me to change my name a long time ago.

Good luck to all of you. There's some interesting things going on and being said. ........let the games begin.

Nora Kelly

05-23-2014, 03:32 PM,
Halogetter,

I agree.

05-23-2014, 03:44 PM,
So only those who have recently emailed Forrest has a chance at the treasure?

I have never sent an email to him and I assume many others have not either.

So why continue the chase or why even start now???